DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
UPDATE 10-9-17 (First of All, No Asking for Roms/Isos. This is a set, primarily for "Testing" purposes, of Public Domain, and other such legal Roms/Isos:)

You may know me as KMFDManic/MDFMKanic, within my 20+ years working with various outlets of Emulation...Updated Core Set for NES/SNESC to reflect changes within the two different environments. My Set of Cores is experimental. I have set it up in a way that I believe most benefits users of both the NESC & SNESC. In this respect, I separated Coding of certain Cores, and designated them to be meant for just NESC or SNESC, as you will see:) I did it this way so that you can use "Older" versions of hakchi2, still! Some of the coding changes make it necessary to be on 2.20. I made it so you can opt for older Hakchis, just in case! Make sure to view the ReadMe! Once I fine-tune things throughout this week, I will make a Pull Request, so that Cluster can deem my set Official, per his request:) Thousands of people have been using my personally refined Core Set over the last year. And, I truly appreciate the support! There are some tremendous differences over the standard Cores, such as Turbografx-CD, Game & Watch, Doom, Quake, Commodore 64, Atari Jaguar, Pokemini, 3DO, "Better" Sega CD implementation, ability to run System 32 Games via MAME 2003!, Dual-Link Ability for GB Games!, Multiple Bios Configurations (I set up Bios for each and every Core, all in their own respective HMODS), Save States working for Atari 2600, and Sram Saves for N64 (Not Manual, though!), Command line optimizations, Better RetroArch Integrations, and, of course, many bug fixes! So, it is definitely about time I let them become Official! Thanks for the support Guys & Gals!!! And, also thanks to those who loved my v1! And, lastly, shout-outs to Cluster, MadMonkey, HoneyLab, soulctcher, eli, pcm720, rhester72, my fellow reddit, gbatemp, and YouTube Supporters! Here is to hoping we get a Mini N64 next year!!!

Note: The SNES 9X Cores that aren't designated for either NESC/SNESC, work on both:)

Core Set Update for 10-9-17

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNES/comments/73nvd3/the_designated_snesnes_classic_modifications/

YouTube Video about this particular Set!

Thanks man, for all the hard work and videotutorials included!

warboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey guys, any solution for this issue? :/ It occured while flashin custom kernel. Didn't have that before...

Attachments

• error_snesmini.jpg
    error_snesmini.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 381

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by the_randomizer,

MartU

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fine, I won't deny that I worry to much, okay? Does that make you happy to see me admit it? Second, this was a nightmare to get, I had to wait four hours in line at Walmart to get this on launch day, and 80 dollars plus tax, not something I can easily afford given my financial situation. And lastly, how does using the rest/power buttons not shorten the lifespan of the spring-loaded mechanisms? I just wish there was a way to internally update the console when you switch Hackchi, that's all.

If you don't have the money to spend on something as another emulator in a nice case, then don't spend the money on it. Spend it on stuff you really need. Simple as that. If you worry about stuff wearing out, breaking down, warranties gone because of softmodding. DO NOT DO ALL THAT STUFF THEN. Keep the device original, only boot it when needed et cetera. Or just don't buy it at all and keep emulating SNES games on the multiple other devices that already do the job pretty well.

Aside that, the internal update and not the need to redo all, would be nice ofcourse. If Cluster could do that, I bet he would.

I can only say, all the effort he and others put in this: its freaking awesome!

Reactions: TerryG

mrjamma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
View attachment 102238

I can confirm that changing this preset id works with the US rom unedited.

@Cluster is this the patch you are implementing too (i.e. not the colour pallete change hack) ?
Has darkakuma from reddit revealed the way to get street fighter alpha 2 working on canoe as well ? :) i saw he was going to pm you.

@hmiem81 what tool did you use to edit the rom and you just changed the one value ?

Also does anyone know the limit of games on main page without folders (2.20.14 version onward) so no c error on shutdown? 60 ok? How many saves each game?

Last edited by mrjamma,

Ceuse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to protect changes you made to zhe original games? Just had to recopy all my artwork to the original games after resyncing my games aT.T

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
what strange is here is we are on a forum to help,and when someone ask how they did get street fighter alpha 2 working,no answer,very strange.
i already change via ctrl-alt-e the preset id to 1065,garbled graphics,or do you change the id in command line?
got it working in retroarch.

Last edited by fille,

Dms_85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just hacked it and everything seems to be working however two things:

1: I installed retroarch mod by dragging it on screen and it says it installs it however retroarch doesn’t appear on my list of games like it did on the Nes mini. Any ideas?

2: the games work that I put on however when I shut down system it gives me a c8 error and will not go away. Only way to get rid of it and power down the system is by unplugging the power. What did I do wrong??

Please advise. Thanks

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hacked it and everything seems to be working however two things:

1: I installed retroarch mod by dragging it on screen and it says it installs it however retroarch doesn’t appear on my list of games like it did on the Nes mini. Any ideas?

2: the games work that I put on however when I shut down system it gives me a c8 error and will not go away. Only way to get rid of it and power down the system is by unplugging the power. What did I do wrong??

Please advise. Thanks

You probably have too many games per folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol