1. kalle82

kalle82 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    That's the point. Even if you use hakchis uninstall function:
    Yes, the kernel will look like untouched. And yes, maybe even all the other files and directories will be original again. And of course, the system will behave exactly as in its original state. That's what Cluster says and I believe him.
    But: There will be a lot of unused space in the (NAND) memory, as it is on every original device. And within this memory there will be traces of the contents of the former files - even if these have been deleted. It is a more than common technique in digital forensics to look at this. A very simple approach would be to scan the entire (unused) memory for the string "hakchi" since it is a foder name used by the mod.

It is a theoretical discussion, and most users won't (should) care. Even I don't expect Nintendo to do this. But it would be absolutely no problem for them to prove a mod in case they have a reason to do so.
    So anyone who cares should be aware that you will never get a 100% original state back unless you made a full NAND backup before your first mod which has been restored afterwards.

Last edited by kalle82, Oct 9, 2017
  2. mrjamma

mrjamma Member
    Newcomer

Hey guys

I obtained the Virtual Console version of Super Street Fighter 2 NTSC English. Extracted it and converted its ROM and PCM files with python back into an SMC file

I've uploaded it here:
    *snip*

Anyone want to test it on Canoe (native Mini Snes emulator)

I know a version works with a patch already, but that patch appears to alter some palettes in the game

Let me know if it works

Cheers

Update: Is the wii virtual console one different to the snes original release? seems like guiles sonic boom audio sounds different to normal when i test the rom in Snes9x?

Last edited by porkiewpyne, Oct 9, 2017
    tqhoang likes this.
  3. Th3one

Th3one Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I mean if you add the 21 games that's already using 80mb or so doing it like I did it uses 40mb out of like 300 or so. And I used to get it get the error c8 when shutting down that is because you have more then 60 games in a single place. Try doing custom folders. That solve my problem. And now I have my custom collection based on game type and there hacks too.

That way you know where all the games are.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Th3one, Oct 9, 2017
    ganons and NexXxus like this.
  4. bjaxx87

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Which of those details do you need?

1.png 2.png 3.png

NexXxus and the_gamer like this.
  5. MartU

MartU GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I used the USA rom of RNR Racing from a link given at a youtube video directing to Mega upload archive being over 2GB. And it worked instantly, did not alter anything.

2017-10-09-09-47-13.jpg

Hackcell likes this.
  6. wizball1973

wizball1973 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Senegal
    The in-game stuff is fine. Most people don't get the title screen and menus to display.

7. MartU

MartU GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Right I thought it gave a black screen while booting. Will test it later today, but did not notice anything missing at a first glance

2017-10-09-10-04-53.jpg

8. kongsnutz

kongsnutz WOT?!?

United States
    Here you go, unzip this and drag the retroborders.hmod into hakchi.

You will be able to use some of the borders (non-animated) in retroarch games with scanlines (CRT filter). - For SNESC

NOTE: If your screens aren't centered already, adjust and stretch them in retroarch, save configuration and exit retroarch from the menu to actually save it.

Attached Files:

Last edited by kongsnutz, Oct 9, 2017
  9. Smitchell6879

Smitchell6879 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I am completely new to the nes/snes hakchi stuff. I have the mod install and work great even added Mario kart 64 and overall it played it better then I expected. I am wondering is there a way to load the actually file system, I am would like to try to make a mod my self made change the background or something not sure yet. I see all the mod are .hmod is there anything I could reference to get started I have never really used .hmod file so I am don't understand how they work. I have moded kodi skins heavily and wrote my own python scrpits for that so I don't mind the challenge if someone can point me into the right direction. I would really appreciate your time.

10. Kumoashi

Kumoashi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That is definitely not how that should look. Here is what the title screen should look like.
    upload_2017-10-9_4-39-26.png

11. Bloodgoyle

Bloodgoyle Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    does this work with the border and crt filter Settings from the snesc menü or have i to set up border and crt filter in retroarch menü ?

12. jelmer

jelmer GBAtemp Fan

Bulgaria
    https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/wiki/Modifications-and-modules-guide

13. Baggins

Baggins GBAtemp Regular

United States
    But will it be possible to remove it from the 21? I'd hate to have to 'double' up roms.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The biggest issue I think is rewind feature is part of Canoe? So it can't be incorporated into Retroarch? Retroarch has rewind features of its own, but I think only in 1.54 or 1.55 versions...

There maybe a 1.54 or 1.55 core for ARM based Retroarch cores but it only functions well enough on Pi3 and I doubt anyone has tested on the NES or SNES mini? The main issue is that Pi3 is an A53 1.2 ghz, and SNES/NES minis use A9s IIRC (at 1 ghz).

https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroPie/comments/6pbnlv/reminder_optional_core_lrsnes9x_now_plays_nearly/

https://github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/blob/master/docs/changes.txt

14. splatool

splatool Member
    Newcomer

Barbados
    will have snes CD support fully soon as I am can obtain a copy of the canoe-shvc file.
    Within hours away anywy.

Last edited by splatool, Oct 9, 2017
  15. projections

projections Member
    Newcomer

Finland
    nevermind, I'm blind

16. MartU

MartU GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands

Sure u can haz :sp:

17. splatool

splatool Member
    Newcomer

Barbados
    no reason why not

18. PPlays

PPlays GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I think it was pcm720 or something like that. I've tried to find it on the sheet itself but I don't think It's on there.

19. keithelmcity

keithelmcity Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    how much space do i need to save for save slots ? right now im at 275 of 300 Is that enuff ?

20. Cluster

OP Cluster GBAtemp Fan

Serbia, Republic of
    Last edited by Cluster, Oct 9, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - hakchi2, simple,