Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

vanditr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't see why people can't wait a week for @Cluster to release something. He have spent slot of time and effort with the help of others creating this awsome program, now his thread has been hijacked with (no offence) all these quick hack jobs floating around thst could potentially brick your device. Wait for the real deal. You have 21 games to play already!

Dude you are a joke, enjoy your 21 games while the rest of us play with tons of other games

Reactions: PlasticK

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude you are a joke, enjoy your 21 games while the rest of us play with tons of other games

And yet a lot of people online have been bricking their systems by following incomplete tutorials, how's that working out? There needs to be a consolidated and concise tutorial, not something that's spread out of the past 15-20 pages. People should just wait and if not, at least a video tutorial of some kind. Having to change the bytes on the headers seems like a hassle.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
And yet a lot of people online have been bricking their systems by following incomplete tutorials, how's that working out? There needs to be a consolidated and concise tutorial, not something that's spread out of the past 15-20 pages.
Those people shouldn’t mess with it then, all the info is here. A video would only make things worse.

Reactions: vanditr

DarkAkuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to find anything, really. Header offset 0x14 should point straight to the footer. Everything after the footer is S-DD1 data.

Yea. I know. But the data at the offset I got from that was just gibberish. So before giving up completely I figured why not do a quick manual relative search on a line that starts with 0x3C and ends with 0x02. I found such a line near by to the gibberish footer and it even had a couple preset bytes that looked like a promising match to what I'd expect!

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those people shouldn’t mess with it then, all the info is here. A video would only make things worse.

At least a summary should be written on one response or a new thread with the OP showing all the steps. Right now it's scattered all through the pages and piecing them together would be a PITA. Someone should at least write down all the steps, what we need, to simplify it. The guide we have for Snes Classic ROM injection's bare bones AF.

Editing ROMs to remove/change headers sounds like too much work. There should be a script that does it, what's wrong with a written tutorial that's consolidated?

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
Yea. I know. But the data at the offset I got from that was just gibberish. So before giving up completely I figured why not do a quick manual relative search on a line that starts with 0x3C and ends with 0x02. I found such a line near by to the gibberish footer and it even had a couple preset bytes that looked like a promising match to what I'd expect!

I just jumped to an address in the offset, and the footer was there. Maybe you didn't remove the unneeded parts of the ELF before doing that?

Kasios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Cluster released hakchi which enables ftp and telnet access on nes & snes classics.

So you can convert majority of roms and play.

A lot of devs now trying work out preset headers to enable the tricky games to run.

Those that want wait for cluster should wsit and leave the other devs to try suss the presets. Which sure will only help in future updates

But yes thread is going very Random at times in old Bag End

The FTP mode gives many problems, gives so many problems that I can only access the console once, alone, now I can not, and I do not know the reason.:teach:

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The FTP mode gives many problems, gives so many problems that I can only access the console once, alone, now I can not, and I do not know the reason.:teach:

One shouldn't even have to use an FTP, people should be able to do it with Filezilla or some other FTP program on their own machine. Just saying. It should be something that's reliable.

DarkAkuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just jumped to an address in the offset, and the footer was there. Maybe you didn't remove the unneeded parts of the ELF before doing that?

It's possible. I got sick of searching for tools, and just loaded up the decompressed rpx in the hex editor, stripped away the data before the header.... and yea. Now that I think about it, I bet the size of that stripped away data is about the same distance as where this header is from the gibberish location I found before... lol

Well, at the very least, does that 0xDF10 preset id foot about match what you found already? If so, anything more I can do with it has probably been done by you.

Crazystato

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How am I a joke? I plan to hack my snes mini just as I hacked my nes mini. I simply stated that people should wait. I can safely assume that once the the updated program comes out people will re-mod their snes minis and start all over again..

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How am I a joke? I plan to hack my snes mini just as I hacked my nes mini. I simply stated that people should wait. I can safely assume that once the the updated program comes out people will re-mod their snes minis and start all over again..

With so many people bricking their Snes Classics with impatience, and no guarantee to being able to recover the kernel after flashing it, I'd rather wait.

Reactions: Crazystato

Rev2k7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dl my ver

1) Kernel -> Dump OG kernel
2)Flash custom -> kernel
3) install python 3.6
4) get dat script run it and conert smc and sfc to sfrom
5)get Sfrom
6) take said sfrom and use my ver and put in like you would for nes mini
7) push games to snes
8)play games

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

fake news where is the bricks

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dl my ver

1) Kernel -> Dump OG kernel
2)Flash custom -> kernel
3) install python 3.6
4) get dat script run it and conert smc and sfc to sfrom
5)get Sfrom
6) take said sfrom and use my ver and put in like you would for nes mini
7) push games to snes
8)play games

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

fake news where is the bricks

Where? Page 605, 600? Some links to the programs/scripts would be nice to download, because wading through several pages to find them is something that kinda dampens the experience. Changing ROM headers is also requires, sounds like a lot of work.:unsure:

Well, until there's some way to easily download what we need, it sounds like a hassle.:ph34r:

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forget it, it's too much trouble to scrounge for the scripts and apps buried in the thread.

How to pass the roms from the computer to the console ?, by FTP ?, does not work, neither Filezilla nor other FTP (at least me). Are there other ways?:unsure:

If there was a guide, this would be so much easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q