Hacking HackMii Installer v0.2 RELEASED!

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello!

Is that normal that I get a lot of error messages (f_lseek(the block number here) failed:2) during the verifying process after the NAND dump? But at the end is says verifying succeed.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
wiiwax said:
Installed this without any issues. Was wondering if anyone can confirm the following issue/bug after this beta2 install with the Homebrew BROWSER:

1. After beta2 install successfully reads 8gb SDHC HBC+apps
2. Launcher HB Browser, it initializes the network, but says it's unable to load the FAT subsystem on the SD card.
3. Returns to HBC all apps are gone, but a reboot of the Wii or re-inserting the SDHC card remedied the issue with the applications save Homebrew Browser (still fuxed).

applications need to be recompiled with the fixed libogc (or use a different IOS) to re-enable SDHC support
the problem is an incompatibility between IOS61 (which has native SDHC support and is now loaded by HBC since the two last versions) and the SDHC driver in libogc 1.7.1

wiiwax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
wiiwax said:
Installed this without any issues. Was wondering if anyone can confirm the following issue/bug after this beta2 install with the Homebrew BROWSER:

1. After beta2 install successfully reads 8gb SDHC HBC+apps
2. Launcher HB Browser, it initializes the network, but says it's unable to load the FAT subsystem on the SD card.
3. Returns to HBC all apps are gone, but a reboot of the Wii or re-inserting the SDHC card remedied the issue with the applications save Homebrew Browser (still fuxed).

applications need to be recompiled with the fixed libogc (or use a different IOS) to re-enable SDHC support
the problem is an incompatibility between IOS61 (which has native SDHC support and is now loaded by HBC since the two last versions) and the SDHC driver in libogc 1.7.1

Cool thanks for the response. I figured the apps would need to be updated/recompiled, so I guess I'll wait until the new versions are out over the next week or two and use my old non SD card which works fine until then. I guess it's likely possible if you have the source + the 1.7.1 libs to compile them yourself but I don't think I'm bold enough for that =). Pretty much any app that Thanks again for the explanation.

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been waiting to try BootMii but didn't install beta1 because I was waiting for a version with an uninstaller... just in case!

Could someone confirm whether you're able to install just BootMii from the HackMii installer? I'm assuming you don't have to install DVDX and/or HBC if you don't want to? I'll probably update HBC but I want to dump my NAND first. Cheers
smile.gif

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
richy said:
I've been waiting to try BootMii but didn't install beta1 because I was waiting for a version with an uninstaller... just in case!

Could someone confirm whether you're able to install just BootMii from the HackMii installer? I'm assuming you don't have to install DVDX and/or HBC if you don't want to? I'll probably update HBC but I want to dump my NAND first. Cheers
smile.gif
Ya, you don't have to install HBC and DVDX if you don't want to. You can just choose to install BootMii if you just want that and then install HBC and DVDX later on

rashef

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Poland
Installed w/o any problems over beta1 ... tho now for some reason SD card (2GB) that booted it fine on b1 refuses to find bootmii files in b2 and skips to system menu. On the other hand it boots fine (and a bit faster) on my other card (64 MB). Oh well ;]. Got to wait for beta3 to fix the SD issues I guess.

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
personager said:
richy said:

smile.gif
Ya, you don't have to install HBC and DVDX if you don't want to. You can just choose to install BootMii if you just want that and then install HBC and DVDX later on

Thanks for letting me know
smile.gif

Alvana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed my problem, it was some random IOS corruption due to other patch from non-verified sources that I tried. I can say that it works succesfully on LU64 console running menu system 4.0.

Shonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my 8gig sdhc to stop crashing (about 15 powerups no lockup)

Im not sure what fixed it

install over the top of old bootmii and i was getting lockups on the 8gig loads

uninstalled boo2 bootmii

rebooted

reinstalled boot2 bootmii 0.9
told it to copy files over to the 8gig

it doesnt boot into bootmii from the 8gig but it doesnt crash anymore
and boots in around 2 seconds

suits me fine as i didnt want bootmii running every boot anyway
as i can do that with another sd card

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Levente said:
Hello!

Is that normal that I get a lot of error messages (f_lseek(the block number here) failed:2) during the verifying process after the NAND dump? But at the end is says verifying succeed.

Someone else having same problems with the verifying process?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
orite everyone
smile.gif

i had bootmi beta 1 installed when it was first released and just installed bootmii beta 2.

great stuff, loads faster when the bootmii files are on the card, loads to system menu much quicker if they arent.

the only issue i have, is that with bootmii beta 1, my NAND dump process worked, and now after the update to beta 2, it seems to just freeze with all grey squares at the top... (you know? the blocks that turn green as they dump)

it says 'backupmii v0.6, NAND ID: addc8095.'

dont see why i should have a problem at all, i got a release day wii :S

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
is it just me or anyone noticed that with the latest dvdx we can't mount dvd on ftpii
installed back the old one and works like a charm

edit : looks like the new one mounts nand folder on ftpii

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
keyra said:
is it just me or anyone noticed that with the latest dvdx we can't mount dvd on ftpii
installed back the old one and works like a charm

edit : looks like the new one mounts nand folder on ftpii

The new DVDx or the new ftpii..??
huh.gif

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the new BootMii over the top of my old BootMii as boot2 and everything went perfectly. I also installed the new HBC over the top of the old HBC. All good there too. Backing up my NAND again now as I have changed my system menu screen and some other things and I like to keep current backups. It seems to be a bit faster. I did not get any new errors or anything. No issues at all. I am on 4.0u Sys Menu with a launch Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think