Hacking HackMii Installer v0.2 RELEASED!

killajackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Chemodile said:
wolffangalchemist said:
i think you mean, if your not running cioscorp use ios downgrader then install bootmii.
Nope, I'm using CIOSCORP and that's how I did it. I suppose you could just install an unmodified IOS36 instead of running downgrader, but downgrader is easier as long as your wii has a wifi connection.

The IOS Downgrader shouldn't do much as the cIOSCORP IOS files are already on the lowest setting. It's an error with the cIOS 36 in the pack that installs on IOS 36 (i.e. not Wan's cIOS 36 that installs on IOS 249). The cat dude had it right. I dunno what you did, but you may have errors with some things in the future.

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I try to install bootmii I get a black screen. I have d/l the beta2 and bannerbomb v8. I can load wad managers, but when I try to install bootmii I get a black screen. I am runnning an LU65 machine with sm 4..

Thanks,

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed BootMii as boot2 but how do I do a NAND backup? I don't see anything to specify it? I see,
BootMii menu
Install BootMii as boot2
Uninstall BootMii as boot2

Install BootMii as IOS

Prepare a SD card

Return to the main menu

I need help please? thanks

killajackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bnm81002 said:
I installed BootMii as boot2 but how do I do a NAND backup? I don't see anything to specify it? I see,
BootMii menu
Install BootMii as boot2

Install BootMii as IOS

Prepare a SD card

Return to the main menu

Turn off your Wii and turn it back on. If your sd card is it, you will get the Bootmii menu. From there you can go to the Wii menu, HBC, or the third option, which lets you backup your NAND or restore it or view credits. There are tutorials on youtube you can follow and more on a site that I can't mention here, but if you want it, PM me (they have AMAZING tutorials for everything Wii hacking, but they provide illegal files).

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
killajackson said:
bnm81002 said:
BootMii menu
Install BootMii as boot2

Install BootMii as IOS

Prepare a SD card

Return to the main menu

Turn off your Wii and turn it back on. If your sd card is it, you will get the Bootmii menu. From there you can go to the Wii menu, HBC, or the third option, which lets you backup your NAND or restore it or view credits. There are tutorials on youtube you can follow and more on a site that I can't mention here, but if you want it, PM me (they have AMAZING tutorials for everything Wii hacking, but they provide illegal files).

the problem was that the Wii never booted into a BootMii screen even though the blue light did flash quickly which meant BootMii is installed in the Wii, so I tried another SD card and voila it booted into a BootMii screen and I did a NAND backup, so my Patriot 2GB SD card works and my Kingston 8GB SDHC card didn't work, too bad I had to go nuts searching for a solution that I found at wiibrew(BootMii/SD Card Compatibility List), not even the BootMii site had the solution, go figure

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. Can i install BootMii Beta 2 onto Boot2, then change the files on the SD card so that it boots directly into a USB loader? Thanks.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had no bad blocks during the NAND backup, should I be worried about that? also, can I copy over my NAND backup to the SDHC card that didn't work with BootMii? thanks

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bnm81002 said:
I had no bad blocks during the NAND backup, should I be worried about that? whats bad about that?
also, can I copy over my NAND backup to the SDHC card that didn't work with BootMii? you can copy it everywhere, but you can only restore it with a bootmii compatible SD card
thanks

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what happens if I backup my one wii's nand that is an lu34 with sm4 on it and install bootmii2 on to my lu65 wii with sm4 and then try to install my backed up nand on to the lu65? Would it replace the ios files with the ones from my LU34.

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dun4cheap said:
So what happens if I backup my one wii's nand that is an lu34 with sm4 on it and install bootmii2 on to my lu65 wii with sm4 and then try to install my backed up nand on to the lu65? Would it replace the ios files with the ones from my LU34.

Won't work. A nand dump will only work for the wii you dumped it from.

teddystacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

I have read all this thread and some others , and cant seem to find a firm answer to this question I have , I would be very grateful of anyone could help me

I have a "newer" Wii (not a LU64+) , and could only install Bootmii as a ios (boot1)

Can I actually perform a NAND backup and restore? , I have got up the Bootmii menu (via the HBC) , but when I try and do the backup , its tells me to hot the "eject" button to start the NAND backup , but it does not seem to work , I have also tried with a GC controller connected , but no go?

If I can only install Bootmii as a IOS on boot 1 , is there anythinmg I can actually do with it at this time?

Thanks in advance..

Edit:

Sort of answered my own question here , with the GC controller I managed to create a NAND backup (using A button) , is the only way to restore this by going thru the HBC? , has anyone actually done a restore using this method?

Thanks

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
awsome
smile.gif
just installed it worked first time for me installed as boot2 backuped nand
smile.gif
also tried restoring... no problems at all
smile.gif
thanks for this guys

onneeye

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can bootmii be installed before softmodding the system. I wanted to make a backup of the nand and then softmod the wii just in case I bricked my friends wii?

MorPhiend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated HBC to 1.0.3 when it came out and it also installed BootMii and DVDX for me. BootMii never worked, but I didn't have time to look into it until today.

I have a summer 2007 Wii, 3.2U, Twilight hacked with HBC and WAD Manager installed. I have been using a workaround to use a 4GB SD card on my Wii. So I upgraded HBC a few weeks back and like I stated BootMii didn't work. I would just get a black screen on boot for 5-8 seconds and then the Wii Menu. So I figured it was my SD workaround. So I borrowed my roommate's 2GB SD card and prepared it using Hackmii Installer. I then Hard rebooted and the BootMii screen showed up right away. So I backed up my NAND. Went flawlessly.

My question(s) is (/are):

I have stayed on 3.2U all this time because I wanted to make sure it was safe before I went to 4.0U. Now I have BootMii working (with a compatible SD card), I have HBC, DVDX, WAD Manager 1.3 all working and I have a NAND back-up of this state. I've transferred the back-up and prepped SD root to two HDDs. Is it now safe to go to 4.0? Is there anything else I should get first? If I do go to 4.0, I have heard Strfall breaks. Does this mean I'll have to deal with the Health Screen and the Wii Menu BG music again? Thanks for any help out there.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starfall doesn't work on 4.0, but there's an app for 4.0 that does the same things that it did called StartPatch. Or you could use Preloader, but I don't see the point to that if you have BootMii/boot2

As for updating to 4.0 you can do it either through Nintendo or with Waninkoko's app, then install the patched IOS60 when you're done.

MorPhiend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Starfall doesn't work on 4.0, but there's an app for 4.0 that does the same things that it did called StartPatch. Or you could use Preloader, but I don't see the point to that if you have BootMii/boot2

As for updating to 4.0 you can do it either through Nintendo or with Waninkoko's app, then install the patched IOS60 when you're done.
Yes, I did install to boot2.

So I can just update from Nintendo and install IOS60? Or would it be better/safer to follow assassda's steps?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Thanks for the quick response! :)

EDIT: I did the full procedure (just to make sure) and all is working well! Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1