Hacking HackMii Installer v0.2 RELEASED!

emachine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so i need a separate sd card for my nand backup? how much disc space does the bootmii requires? i have a spare 16mb SD card, is it enough to be used as a boot card for bootmii? thanks

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your NAND backup will require 528MB of space, but you can use the same card that you use for everything else if you want to. Also, I don't think the Wii will even read a 16MB card.

LowKeyEnergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LowKeyEnergy said:
fst312 said:
if your sd card is an 8GB kingston class 4 your not going to be able to use it on anything but HBC for now inever was able to use mine till HBC 1.0.3 came out.other apps didn't work with it i think that is why hackmii.com has an twilight hack source code right now so coders could use it so the sd cards that work on HBC will work on their apps such as mplayer ce and emulators.well these are apps that don't work for me.and i haven't used a forwarder yet.i usually use hbc for apps.

thanks for the response .

its not kingston . it's sandisk , and it's working for everything except wadmanager now . all my forwarders are good , just had to find new ones compiled with proper sdhc support libs .

can anyone else shed some light on this problem ?

well , apparently there is already a wadmanager 1.4 out (i didn't notice because waninkoko swore that 1.3 would be the "final" version") and wouldn't you know it , SDHC works just fine with the new version .

just thought i'd through that out there in case anybody else was just about to pull out some hair .

OBI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Guys!?
smile.gif

i have a question - thank you for helping
wink.gif

after installing bootmii the wii shows a bluescreen for few seconds. 4.0, preloader, IOS60HK, cIOS rev10, cMIOS rev3 is installed - after that hackmii installer -> HBC, DVDx and BootMii as boot, not as IOS!
I dont know what I´ve done wrong... can anybody help me please?

Greetings from germany
rolleyes.gif

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emachine said:
so i need a separate sd card for my nand backup? how much disc space does the bootmii requires? i have a spare 16mb SD card, is it enough to be used as a boot card for bootmii? thanks

Do 16MB SD cards even exist? lol
laugh.gif
wacko.gif
moogle.gif

emachine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SublimeAndEtc said:
emachine said:

laugh.gif
wacko.gif
moogle.gif
hahahaha. it was just a free sd card from my treo before. is it possible to use just one sd card for my backup and my bootmii? if yes how will i do it?

veerain11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i just had some questions that i need help with.

1. It tells me to install the IOS BootMii compared to the other type of BootMii is it ok to install this one?

2. Can i use my main sd for Bootmii? The SD card contains my backup launcher and everything that a typical HBC sd card has.

3. Do i need to make any precautions before installing BootMii?

Thanks for your help!

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
@SublimeAndEtc

Heres my 16gb
407813.jpg
laugh.gif

I said 16MB, which is what the person mentioned before.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(veerain11 @ May 30 2009, 12:32 AM) Hey guys i just had some questions that i need help with.

1. It tells me to install the IOS BootMii compared to the other type of BootMii is it ok to install this one?

2. Can i use my main sd for Bootmii? The SD card contains my backup launcher and everything that a typical HBC sd card has.

3. Do i need to make any precautions before installing BootMii?

Thanks for your help!
1. It's fine. Not all Wii's can install it to boot2.
2. Yes you can. Just make sure you have 528MB free on it.
3. Not really... just don't do it during a storm, because a power outage could ruin you.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SublimeAndEtc said:
emachine said:

laugh.gif
wacko.gif
moogle.gif

lol, yep they do. I have a crappy canon one that came with my camera. haven;t used it since the day I got it, lol.

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
SublimeAndEtc said:
emachine said:

laugh.gif
wacko.gif
moogle.gif

lol, yep they do. I have a crappy canon one that came with my camera. haven;t used it since the day I got it, lol.
haha I was thinking maybe being included with an older camera is the only way one of them would be around. I figured 16MB was already nothing by the time SD came out.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
how should i add bootdelay?

can anyone tell me what exactly to write in the .ini? because it was working before but when i added bootdelay=2, bootmii ignores it.

and no, it doesnt have any "#"

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
you don't add anything, you just change the value to whatever you want (0 obviously means direct booting) and uncomment the line (remove the "#" as you did)
if the line wasn't here in the ini file, you fdin't completely update to Bootmii Beta2 (obviously, the files on SD need to be updated as well, including the .elf and .bin files, not just bootmii)
finally, you need to uncomment/change the AUTOBOOT value as well

it's incredible the number of recurent questions or "issues" regarding BootMii, I don't understand how people can have trouble using it, it's so simple if you follow the onscreen instructions and read the manual
blink.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
when i checked the file after updating to v2

it was just VIDEO=NTSCAUTOBOOT=SYSMENU(and a square thingy at the end)

that was the one included in the bootmii ini package found at the old bootmii thread

-----------

to update the files, do i choose "prepare an sd card " again?

yoitsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't get the boot delay feature to work. I uncommented both lines and it autoboots but it always takes 5 seconds even when I change the number.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
when i checked the file after updating to v2

it was just VIDEO=NTSCAUTOBOOT=SYSMENU(and a square thingy at the end)

that was the one included in the bootmii ini package found at the old bootmii thread

-----------

to update the files, do i choose "prepare an sd card " again?

Wondering the same thing.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
yoitsme said:
I still can't get the boot delay feature to work. I uncommented both lines and it autoboots but it always takes 5 seconds even when I change the number.

enter a blank line at the end of the file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!