zaita

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi all
Recently I got a 3.1J Wii which has been "hard" mod long before and I try to softmod it because the Wii cannot run the new game.
I try to used Hackmii, however I get stuck in Hackmii scam warning.
Here is the installer.log of Hackmii.

Code:
HackMii v1.2 installer starting up
PVR = 00087103
running under IOS 36 rev 0x412
95 titles are installed
Found IOS 36: revision: 0x412.
Found IOS 35: revision: 0x410.
Found IOS 34: revision: 0x40f.
Found IOS 33: revision: 0x410.
Found IOS 31: revision: 0x410.
Found IOS 30: revision: 0x410.
Found IOS 28: revision: 0x508.
Found IOS 22: revision: 0x304.
Found IOS 14: revision: 0x101.
Found IOS 21: revision: 0x202.
Found IOS 17: revision: 0x200.
Found IOS 20: revision: 0xc.
Found IOS 13: revision: 0xa.
Found IOS 12: revision: 0x6.
Found IOS 11: revision: 0xa.
Found IOS 10: revision: 0x206.
Found IOS 15: revision: 0x101.
Found IOS 2: revision: 0x100.
Found IOS 9: revision: 0x204.
Found IOS 4: revision: 0x3.
launching IOS 36 for the installer...

IOS launched...

IOS versions: Installer: 36, HBC: 0
starting preparations

1. I could not update my Wii through its official channel because I'm afraid that the update will brick my "hard-mod" Wii.
  2. I have not yet installed HBC into my Wii so I cannot install IOS58 :(
Is there any other way to Soft-mod my Wii?
ModWii has been problematic due to Bootmii server down, is there anyway I can skip the download progress and put hackwii back into the folder?

I really need help! Thanks a lot..

sad-baby-o.gif

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, You can Download Multi Mod Manager and boot that instead of hackmii (name it boot.elf and put it on your sdcard, then start the exploit). From here install IOS 58 (download the IOS 58.wad from NUS Downloader). After this retry hackmii

if this is al gabberish, just say and i'll explain in more detail

zaita

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Thank you ground! :lol:
I am a newbie in Wii soft-mod so I still have some question
sd_card.jpg

I have MMM in my apps folder, and I have replaced Hackmii's "boot.elf" with the boot.dol in MMM renaming as boot.elf in the sd card.
Also, I have downloaded IOS58-64-6176.WAD from NUS Downloader and put it inside my SD card.
I haven't patched the WAD, am I doing everything right?

Thank you once again for your help!

zaita

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have installed ios58 into my Wii. However, Hackmii still failed to work :(
Browse in the forum and find this...

FYI- Hackmii installer freezing at the scam screen is caused by ios30-v1040 - ios35-v1042 being installed on a wii that will not function with those ios. The hackmii installer tries to load ios30-ios36 and the ios crashes resulting in the freeze. Simple fix, install cios30-v6174 -ios36-updated and the issue is fixed, which is what you did with the wad install.

So any hackmii issue will be fixed by installing cios30-v6174 (or updated ios30-2576, no stubs), updated ios31-36, and ios58. That should fix all issues with it loading.

I discovered that I am using ios30-v1040, and I found ios30-64-v2576 in NUSDownloader and cios30-v6174-v3.6.wad in my Darkv1.1m folder.
However, I read another comment saying that installing ios30 other than v1040 in 3.1 will brick my Wii.
So.. any thoughts on that? :(

Thank you so much for everyone's help here!

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have installed ios58 into my Wii. However, Hackmii still failed to work :(
Browse in the forum and find this...

I discovered that I am using ios30-v1040, and I found ios30-64-v2576 in NUSDownloader and cios30-v6174-v3.6.wad in my Darkv1.1m folder.
However, I read another comment saying that installing ios30 other than v1040 in 3.1 will brick my Wii.
So.. any thoughts on that? :(

Thank you so much for everyone's help here!

When I had bad IOS or something worng on my Wii, I run Pimp My Wii and fix it!, but the difference is that your Wii is 3.1J and mine is 4.3U, but I think it will work.

zaita

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Thanks, goku junior!
I have consider pimp my wii but give up because it's otherwise known as brick my wii :(
I do not dare to do anything risky because it has been hard mod before,
It's hard to find someone who know how to fix it nowadays...
Anyway, thanks for your advice! :)

Still wonder if it will brick my wii if ciosv30-6174 is installed in 3.1J :/

zaita

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Guys, I have successfully softmod my Wii using ModWii + Multi Mod Manager + Hackmii!
Below are some of the things that I did:
Wii Version: V3.1J Hard-Mod before
Problem: Hackmii Freeze at scam warning
Reason:

FYI- Hackmii installer freezing at the scam screen is caused by ios30-v1040 - ios35-v1042 being installed on a wii that will not function with those ios. The hackmii installer tries to load ios30-ios36 and the ios crashes resulting in the freeze. Simple fix, install cios30-v6174 -ios36-updated and the issue is fixed, which is what you did with the wad install.

So any hackmii issue will be fixed by installing cios30-v6174 (or updated ios30-2576, no stubs), updated ios31-36, and ios58. That should fix all issues with it loading.

Solution:
1. Install and Use ModWii. To solve the problem of missing Hackmii file, learn from person66 in ModMii Official Support Topic:

The hackmii developers don't want that file mirrored, so I can't give you a link or anything, but the file you need is hackmii_installer_v1.2.zip (MD5: F26A64174DD37D6DBBE71D6E2044712E). If you can find that file, then put it the folder named "temp" in the modmii application directory (if the temp folder doesn't exist, create it).

Modmii also wont be able to get the bootmii sd files. I don't think they are necessary, as they should be generated on the sd card when you install bootmii. So to skip those files, close the wget window that opens in the background when modmii is downloading those files. Now tell modmii NOT to terminate the job, then do it again when it retries the download. After that modmii should skip those files and continue on normally.

2. As we need to install "cios30-v6174 (or updated ios30-2576, no stubs), updated ios31-36, and ios58", I have renamed the boot.elf from hackMii(which is the original file in the COPY_TO_SD) as 2_boot.elf, and rename the boot.dol in Multi Mod Manager to boot.elf, in order to boot from MMM instead.

3. From WAD Manager in MMM, I install the WAD/IOS30-35, 58.

4. Reboot from 2_boot.elf again, I just boot it up using MMM, just find the 2_boot.elf, press A, and it will start itself.

5. THE MIRACLE HAPPENS!!! The scam finally didnt freeze!!! Then just follow the instruction from MODWII.

Once again thanks a lottttt, guys!!! Finally I could play Just Dance 4 in my Wiiiiiii :-)))))))))))))))

Reactions: Madao64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, iirc she said she is non binary