Hacking hacking in dolphin

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The next step I would take is to File > Load the main.dol.

Doesn't list it in the place that I extracted it despite having the .img extension, unless I choose "show all files", I can't choose it, but when I do it crashes. The file is only 238 KB, but I did extract it from the ISO itself.

Edit: Can't find the main.dol

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Got the main.dol file, but gives me "Please insert the Super Smash Bros disc" error message.

I don't know where the apploader and main.dol files are supposed to be placed.
I would think that you could run them from where they are by default.

Anyway, if this whole thing doesn't pan out, you could always run hax through Gecko OS in Dolphin.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would think that you could run them from where they are by default.

Anyway, if this whole thing doesn't pan out, you could always run hax through Gecko OS in Dolphin.

Which you do by making an SD card image right? Do I extract them from Disc or Partition 0 or 1 under Filesystem?

BTW, there is no default location that they get extracted, you have to choose a location in Windows 7. I should note that when I extract the .dol, they call it "boot" and not "main".

This is frustrating, I think something broken in the most recent GIT revision when it comes to this feature; all I could extract were boot.dol and apploader, but nothing called main.dol.

dieblazin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I tried to use a cloud mod that was based on ike and placed it over dedede but it didnt work. Whats the problem? Or did you misunderstand what I was asking before?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Which you do by making an SD card image right? Do I extract them from Disc or Partition 0 or 1 under Filesystem?

BTW, there is no default location that they get extracted, you have to choose a location in Windows 7. I should note that when I extract the .dol, they call it "boot" and not "main".

This is frustrating, I think something broken in the most recent GIT revision when it comes to this feature; all I could extract were boot.dol and apploader, but nothing called main.dol.
It probably is boot.dol; all I could remember was from the Metroid Prime Trilogy threads years ago, back when we had to mess with DOLs.

Also, yeah, it is through an SD image. If you don't have an SD or don't want to mess with one, you could probably get away with packing the files into an ISO, mounting it, and pointing WinImage to that.

ok so I tried to use a cloud mod that was based on ike and placed it over dedede but it didnt work. Whats the problem? Or did you misunderstand what I was asking before?
How exactly did you replace it? Inside the ISO?
Also keep in mind FitIke is the actual character with attacks and such, while FitIke00, etc. are the models and textures.

dieblazin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya I replaced the entire dedede folder with the like folder in the iso then renamed the files to fitdededeXX and merged the mod so that it has all of the ike pieces in there but it crashes every time. Do I need to tweak the mods or something?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya I replaced the entire dedede folder with the like folder in the iso then renamed the files to fitdededeXX and merged the mod so that it has all of the ike pieces in there but it crashes every time. Do I need to tweak the mods or something?

Did you recompile the folders as an ISO image? If so that's why.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Any ideas?

Weird. As long the as the image is recompiled, it should work fine. Unfortunately, some mods crash the game due to being too big, corrupted, etc. Brawl is very specific on how big files can be, how many vertices/polygons in any given model, or how the texture compression was handled. I learned various things the hard way during my experience as a Brawl hacker. Have you tried the KC-MM or Brawl Vault forums?

dieblazin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. As long the as the image is recompiled, it should work fine. Unfortunately, some mods crash the game due to being too big, corrupted, etc. Brawl is very specific on how big files can be, how many vertices/polygons in any given model, or how the texture compression was handled. I learned various things the hard way during my experience as a Brawl hacker. Have you tried the KC-MM or Brawl Vault forums?
ya I get all of my stuff from there. Well I guess I'll keep trying

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same mod works fine in the ike folder but in the dedede folder it doesnt

There's the issue, character data files are not swappable/interchangeable. You can't use Dedede with Ike or place Ike hacks in Dedede. Only place Dedede hacks in the Dedede folder.

The game has to have structured folders and no mismatched data. You cannot swap folder data and place it somewhere else. Ike hacks go in the Ike folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool