Hacking GW 3.1 N3ds 8.1 problems!

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm starting to get things rolling on the n3ds but where is the GW symbol before the version number and where is the muitrom menu it doesn't pop up? I know how to do everything on gateway I been using it for a while now. The emunand tool doesn't work because its 2gb big

Please help

Just ran a test on the card (and this thing has LED'S!!) it passed

8.1 N3ds users warning! If you go into settings in emunand and change you NNID or Ds profile you Emunand will brick and will have BSOD! I took out the microsd card and it was working fine then I put the MicroSD back in launched Zelda Oot did the exploit then in the GW menu went to gateway mode screen flashed a BSOD again! Ok formatted microSD format emunand and update emunand again everything is fine deleted but fine. Just want everyone to know its best to stay away from settings altogether till gateway fixes the bugs and 8.1 support

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm starting to get things rolling on the n3ds but where is the GW symbol before the version number and where is the muitrom menu it doesn't pop up? I know how to do everything on gateway I been using it for a while now. The emunand tool doesn't work because its 2gb big

Please help

Just ran a test on the card (and this thing has LED'S!!) it passed

You can't just create a new emunand with the launcher.dat and then format the emunand?

anyone know if it is safe to update with no GW before the version number

DEFINITELY not. If there's no GW before the version number and you update, say bye bye to exploitable Sysnand.

Emunand is safe to update, but be careful not to update Sysnand by mistake.

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DEFINITELY not. If there's no GW before the version number and you update, say bye bye to exploitable Sysnand.

Emunand is safe to update, but be careful not to update Sysnand by mistake.
It is safe to update as in you can update if there is no GW as long as you are 100% sure you are on emunand. It's down to whether you feel confident in yourself that you're really in emunand.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
It is safe to update as in you can update if there is no GW as long as you are 100% sure you are on emunand. It's down to whether you feel confident in yourself that you're really in emunand.

ABSOLUTELY WRONG! GW appears before the version string in settings menu ONLY if you are on emunand. If you don't have emunand setup, it will not display GW and you will be updating sysnand if you start the update. Do NOT update unless you see the GW at the start of the version string!

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have to ask, you should probably wait until it gets fixed before you update.

First, make sure you have formatted and created a separate emunand. Make your sysnand have really big icons and your emunand have really small icons, then you can tell them apart at a glance. Once you go into emunand settings, don't back out of the settings and don't mess with anything else. Go straight to update system and start the update. Do it at your own risk.
ABSOLUTELY WRONG! GW appears before the version string in settings menu ONLY if you are on emunand. If you don't have emunand setup, it will not display GW and you will be updating sysnand if you start the update. Do NOT update unless you see the GW at the start of the version string!
That isn't correct. It's a bug that the GW doesn't appear. See the Gateway 3.1.0 N3DS known bugs thread.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
stop worrying, i made a thread about this already, other people have 8.1 too, it is not just me who fixed it too :)
yeah gw doesn't support 8.1 i guess, no problem, just update
i couldn't update via settings, maybe my connection is bad

so, just go to emunand, go to your homescreen close the 3ds, and the 9.5 update will download.
when it is finished, you will get a message on the home screen to update. update, and you will be on 9.5, it will be ok.

next time search :)

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have to ask, you should probably wait until it gets fixed before you update.

First, make sure you have formatted and created a separate emunand. Make your sysnand have really big icons and your emunand have really small icons, then you can tell them apart at a glance. Once you go into emunand settings, don't back out of the settings and don't mess with anything else. Go straight to update system and start the update. Do it at your own risk.
If I wait to long 9.6 will come out and I will be stuck

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stop worrying, i made a thread about this already, other people have 8.1 too, it is not just me who fixed it too :)
yeah gw doesn't support 8.1 i guess, no problem, just update
i couldn't update via settings, maybe my connection is bad

so, just go to emunand, go to your homescreen close the 3ds, and the 9.5 update will download.
when it is finished, you will get a message on the home screen to update. update, and you will be on 9.5, it will be ok.

next time search :)
Thank you

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i am not sure how long i had to wait for the update 'nag' to appear, but i left my 3ds alone for like an hour, maybe 30 minutes, but if you are NOT on 9.5, the update message will eventually appear.
it worked perfectly for me :) weird that 8.1 is not supported very well, annoying because we cannot install CIAs in sysnand easily... but whatever :)
i guess gw might update to fix 8.1 support, but it's good to update and use emunand anyway

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am not sure how long i had to wait for the update 'nag' to appear, but i left my 3ds alone for like an hour, maybe 30 minutes, but if you are NOT on 9.5, the update message will eventually appear.
it worked perfectly for me :) weird that 8.1 is not supported very well, annoying because we cannot install CIAs in sysnand easily... but whatever :)
i guess gw might update to fix 8.1 support, but it's good to update and use emunand anyway
I unlinked my sysnand and emunand so now when I exploited the system and went into gateway mode it was same it was before I formatted is this OK?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I unlinked my sysnand and emunand so now when I exploited the system and went into gateway mode it was same it was before I formatted is this OK?

i don't really understand that part in bold - if you are certain you are in emunand (do something easy like make the icons different sizes in sysnand and emunand)
also you can make sure you are in gw mode by seeing if your retail cart shows up on the home menu (because retail carts do not show up in gw mode)

if you are sure you are in emunand, just let the system sleep on the home screen until it downloads the update in the background for you, once that is done you will see an update message :)

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so everything went well on 9.5 emunand still no gw3d before the version number. OK so now I'm really confused my saves from 4.5 all of them work? Sound on homebrew? What's going on

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
OK so everything went well on 9.5 emunand still no gw3d before the version number. OK so now I'm really confused my saves from 4.5 all of them work? Sound on homebrew? What's going on

hmmm... there is only one way to find out, test it :)
but yeah i think it should work... wait, you mean 4.5 saves from another console? you will have to import them with savedatafiler right

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...