ROM Hack Guitar Hero On Tour - Custom songs?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
i just want a fall out boy/my chemical romance/linkin park remix

oh and add sweet child of mine to the list also

jared120120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cosmo2389 said:
QUOTE said:
Well, seeing as I know basically nothing about strings of data i'm just going to try to replace the .ogg files. I know it probablly won't work and the arm9 might reject it. But if it works just turn band down in options and guitar up and you have a song play by the wrong notes lol. Whatever. I'll hang around and see how this turns out.

Please share if this works! I just really want custom songs, the frets don't have to be right yet! This would definitely be a way of tiding us over while the guys continue working on what I know will be magic!

Sure, I'll do it right now. Probably won't since I need to use the other extraxtors which I guess I have too.

Somebody get a hacker over here from IRC. Sadly I can't help you there since I used up my free trial for softmodding my Xbox.
Anyways luck to us all!

EDIT: I have found an Mp3 to ogg converter now I just need to go back in discussion for .gob packer.
EDIT: I have finished converting to .oggs. Now matching the time best I can.
EDIT: Still need a gob packer

!!!@@@###$$$%%%^^^&&&***((()))___+++
yaynds.gif

Churros007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jared120120 said:
cosmo2389 said:
QUOTE said:
Well, seeing as I know basically nothing about strings of data i'm just going to try to replace the .ogg files. I know it probablly won't work and the arm9 might reject it. But if it works just turn band down in options and guitar up and you have a song play by the wrong notes lol. Whatever. I'll hang around and see how this turns out.

Please share if this works! I just really want custom songs, the frets don't have to be right yet! This would definitely be a way of tiding us over while the guys continue working on what I know will be magic!

Sure, I'll do it right now. Probably won't since I need to use the other extraxtors which I guess I have too.

Somebody get a hacker over here from IRC. Sadly I can't help you there since I used up my free trial for softmodding my Xbox.
Anyways luck to us all!

EDIT: I have found an Mp3 to ogg converter now I just need to go back in discussion for .gob packer.

yaynds.gif

What is the name of the mp3 to ogg converter? Is it the hifi one? One those might come in handy when i start making charts...

Chris265265

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This sounds like a good step forward to custom songs. Problem is though, if you added more songs on the game, wouldn't that mean that the game will be even bigger? Good luck though!

nitrodude150

Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
Churros007 said:
jared120120 said:
cosmo2389 said:
QUOTE said:

Anyways luck to us all!

yaynds.gif

What is the name of the mp3 to ogg converter? Is it the hifi one? One those might come in handy when i start making charts...
WoooW you people are getting WAYYY to ahead of yourselfs.......

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want to try the custom songs too, but I don't have a flash cart or anything much, and GnM doesnt support roms over 4 MB. I think Yamp or something like that was a mp3 to ogg converter, but only 100 songs for a free trial. And how will these be played, through a rom on a flashcart, or somehow saved in the game? just curious. great work!

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WTF! Guys, calm down, we are still miles away from custom songs! Give it another week at least.
Honestly, you guys jump in the thread and start making claims on custom songs before it's even possible. As a note, the MP3 to OGG converter is used for custom content in GH3 PC already, so the guy ain't a genius for working out how he does this tbh (no offence mate, just trying to put it into perspective).

So I repeat, STOP GETTING AHEAD OF YOURSELVES!

EDIT: YESH, 500th post! Aren't I awesome?

wazmo

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
Canada
yah i agree. give it AT LEAST another week. besides we dont even know if the charting works the same as the other guitar hero games so you cant even chart yet! speaking of charts , over at scorehero TheDave seems to have figured out the bytes to the notes. this is going really well! im betting on another week on being able to put in custom charts. keep up the great work!
yaynds.gif

jared120120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Churros007 said:
jared120120 said:
cosmo2389 said:
QUOTE said:

Anyways luck to us all!

yaynds.gif

4Musics MP3 to Ogg converter is the name. It takes like 15 secs to 1/2 a minute per song depending on size. I think you get it forever to for free. Hope it helps1

Geek72790

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want some Dragonforce, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Iron Maiden.

Helloween , and Stratovarius (Their latest stuff) would be nice too.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but it might not finish soon, I hope it does. Cheer from the sidelines! And maybe a guide if it's not too much work.

Churros007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrodude150 said:
Churros007 said:
jared120120 said:
cosmo2389 said:
QUOTE said:

Anyways luck to us all!

yaynds.gif

WoooW you people are getting WAYYY to ahead of yourselfs.......

yeah buti might be using it for other stuff too so chill your balls...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg