ROM Hack Guitar Hero On Tour - Custom songs?

popopola

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
at the moment, the people over at scorehero are trying to learn more about this .hwas file. Not much is known about it
I suggest everyone should look into it. If you want to help out, find as much as you can about .hwas files and post back here.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll try, I got the .chart file out of All Star, but wait, FoF uses mid/midi(forgot) right? I'll go try, hope it doesn't glitch up on me... again.

.hwas, well, let's find something to save as .hwas and speed it up like it is now. Audacity is free so use it!

Hey, it's worth a try!

EDIT: I played it on FoF w/o the band playing(just Guitar and Rhythm) on AllStar, it played a sped up version so it ended before the notes ended, I converted them to mid. It wasn't really HIGH pitched and squeaky, just kind of squeaky.
And when I search .hwas file extension it brings up this topic in the searches!

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Interesting, a guy's posted some charts for On Tour over at Score Hero. It's not worth celebrating yet, as the charts apparently don't work very well because of some kind of score bug and a weird ticking noise. However, at least we have something mildly playable and custom now.

EDIT:
Sorry, false alarm. He's just posted blank charts that are .mid files. So just music basically. I assume we'll be seeing customs in a few days if all goes well though.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried I Don't Wanna Stop, and some parts make your ears bleed(not really), the song ended before the notes again, about one minute before. We have some progress! I'll try and slow down the song and we'll be closer to custom songs! After that we need to recompress gob files and find out more on how to use the hwas file.

jared120120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anybody help me with the GHOT converter file I downloaded from score hero from that link on page 15. There's an error opening it, can't remember what ( on other comp) and a different error when I try and open it with the file that came with it in the same folder. I tried it in a folder and out. Little help please
THX

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jared, did you run it from command promt? you have to move all the files to a seperate folder and put the converter in there too and go to that directory in command promt. type "cd desktop" (w/o quotes) and then find your way to the directory, i suggest putting it on the desktop.
then type in there,

GHOTChartConvert (name of song)

then wait and you'll see the .chart file in the same folder, you can't open it directly yet, only though command promt

don't know how to get to command promt? (sigh) go to "run..." under the start menu and type "cmd" w/o quotes again

Swatkinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well sounds like every things going well, I am not understanding every thing, I hope when this is all done someone will make a "How To" on making custom songs. I'll look more into the .hwas file types and see what I get. By the way when you make a custom song dont you need music files that are split into "guitar", "vocals", and "band"? How do you get your hands on such files?

litium

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You just use the same ogg. Unfortunately, is really hard to split an MP3 in three different things. It's also one of the downsides on GH2 Cusoming.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mmhm... yeah, just use the same file! but is there a mp2 to hwas converter? i think its a sound file(okay, maybe thats obvious) but how do we get it?

Swatkinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, How do we get what? Lostsoul5673.
And yesterday I recruited someone from IRC, he sounds like he knows more about scripting then all of us, hope its true. He's going to join the form topic today, his username might be EmoKid, well thats his name on IRC, I am going to test some .ogg files I've made and see how well they work. I also am getting some people from DrunkenCoders, they wont be apart of the GBA Temp from, do to the fact they say the GBA Temp promotes piracy, but there ok with modifying .NDS files so hopefully they'll help.

I'm still on the look out for more info on the .hwas file

And can someone give me the name of the .BIN decompiler

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Why dont you just use the program built for 5 frets.. and shorten it to 4 frets? same colors. Just change the fret number on the same base and use it along with the ogg convertor.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I would, as said by unsteadycarrot, you can't recompile them yet. Once we find something to do that, or if one comes out, we can finally test it!

Swatkinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I am still trying to find more info on the hwas files and I'm on the search for a .gob compiler.
Hopefully the help I recruited well be of use.
So where exactly are the ogg files located, are they all in the mainUS.gob? and is it necessary to unpack the arm9.bin? Can some some please in detail just explain the steps to get at the .gob files and chart files....

Never mind I got all the song files and I am making charts now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You allrriiiight?