ROM Hack Guitar Hero On Tour - Custom songs?

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
In regards to the replacing of the .ogg files, I added my reply thinking that if the replacing worked or if it didn't work, either way it would be a step forward.

I mean, think about it, if the replacement works +1, if it doesn't then that will have to be another step that the hackers will have to figure out... Also, since this is an easier task someone not as experienced can do it saving the hackers some time.

So while you may have thought that I was jumping the gun, I actually was not and I'm sorry that it caused so many wishlists to pop up.

And great work guys! I know that custom songs are still a little way off, but everything you are doing now will be greatly appreciated in the end!

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
I want some good rock numbers !!!

offtopic: 300st post
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Swatkinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Customs songs list, well let me think,...mmmmhhhhhhh.... How about some intense Manowar! Manowar would be very channeling to make... and play! If you dont know who Manowar is search them up there the best metal group, and RATM is awesome too. If you wnat really guitar solos we should make MANOWAR, like Battle Hymn, Call to Arms and many more!

Can someone just post a list of all the programs used to do all the unpacking and converting and repacking please
smile.gif

I found on good MP3 to Ogg converter, http://www.4musics.com/mp3-ogg-converter.htm

Icey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Swatkinz said:
Customs songs list, well let me think,...mmmmhhhhhhh.... How about some intense Manowar! Manowar would be very channeling to make... and play! If you dont know who Manowar is search them up there the best metal group, and RATM is awesome too. If you wnat really guitar solos we should make MANOWAR, like Battle Hymn, Call to Arms and many more!

Can someone just post a list of all the programs used to do all the unpacking and converting and repacking please
smile.gif

I found on good MP3 to Ogg converter, http://www.4musics.com/mp3-ogg-converter.htm

You can just use Audacity (free program)
works great.

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
everyones still jumping the gun here...........theres PLENTY of songs already made over at fretsonfire.net and scorehero.com, were hoping you can just use these existing guitar hero charts for on tour customs, with slight adjustments due to the lack of the orange button.

right now all that can be done is chart extraction, there are NO programs/apps that can insert/replace a chart in the on tour rom.

there is NO program/app that can repack a .gob file.

and finally, the format used for the song (not the guitar/rhythm files) is in an unknown format called .hwas which is believed to be possibly a sound format in APDCM, as when imported into audacity as VOX APDCM and the speed adjusted, you can hear the song albeit shitty sounding and crackly.

so if anyone REALLY wants to help........the best thing now is to get onto cracking the .hwas format, as i believe gamezelda and tma over at scorehero have the chart and gob stuff under controll.

on a side note, this particular thread is for questioning the possibility of custom songs, NOT to spam it with annoying wish lists >.> theres THOUSANDS of songs already made and im pretty sure every band mentioned here so far already has a fair ammount of songs fretted, so as soon as project is finished you should be able to use them.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cosmo2389 said:
In regards to the replacing of the .ogg files, I added my reply thinking that if the replacing worked or if it didn't work, either way it would be a step forward.

I mean, think about it, if the replacement works +1, if it doesn't then that will have to be another step that the hackers will have to figure out... Also, since this is an easier task someone not as experienced can do it saving the hackers some time.
Soon as I have some time (maybe less then a week maybe not
laugh.gif
) I'll try that.

If we're going to get custom songs we need you to help! You don't need to be a pro hacker to try!

Swatkinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lostsoul5673 said:
So to contribute we get the ROM file and unpack it? with what? I'll google it.

We already have that done, we have unpacked the ROM and found the file types that construct the ROM, the search is now for a .gob repacker and find out more about the .hwas files

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yup, a whole tutorial. Easy enough to understand even for a low programmer.
HERE

EDIT:I'm going to try the hack with face butttons, cause GnM don't accept stuff over 4 MB, cept Smash Bros Rumble? wtf?

EDIT2: Hey can some1 tell me how to get the save data thing working on no$gba, i got the rom(with custom song, no chart yet), , but it tells me the sava data could not be accessed.

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright! So now we can create custom charts, but as for replacing the actual songs... How do we do that? I was reading on the ScoreHero forum and they had mentioned something about the not-so-well-known .hwas file and how they had yet to figure it out...

So are we able to actually put in custom songs yet? And if so, how?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah thedice, thanks but i got it a little while after i put that, but now we need to recompress the ExtratedData with what? And I want a good chart editor, they said TabIt is good but its not freeware, its shareware... ithink. and just replace the .ogg files for your music, and i'll look into the hwas. no$ is better than others, (they cant even read it without crashing) but slows down only at the songs, and no fret board showed.

Swatkinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds good, I understand most of the stuff you guys are talking about, So can someone answer this, what program are we using to make the charts? and is it easy to use?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...