ROM Hack Guitar Hero On Tour - Custom songs?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deufeufeu said:
just a quick follow up, I've extracted songs and charts, but seeing ccfman2004 post I think I'll stop working on it now that I know that there are other people to handle it. I don't want to race or anything like that...

I posted about the program in the hopes that someone could analyze the unknown files and figure out the stuff we don't know.

The more people working on this, the faster we'll figure this out.

Swatkinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
deufeufeu said:
just a quick follow up, I've extracted songs and charts, but seeing ccfman2004 post I think I'll stop working on it now that I know that there are other people to handle it. I don't want to race or anything like that...

Yeah, dont get down on the progress thats been had, If we keep looking and searching we will get the key info we need,

-The only limit to success is the willingness to succeed- Ouoted from Swatkinz

By the way did anyone check out that site I posted?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that was a lot of hard work! I'd like to help, but I don't know how. I want custom songs too, so tell me how I can help! I'd be glad to!

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Swatkinz said:
deufeufeu said:

Yeah, dont get down on the progress thats been had, If we keep looking and searching we will get the key info we need,

-The only limit to success is the willingness to succeed- Ouoted from Swatkinz

By the way did anyone check out that site I posted?
Zophar? Yes.
But no.
There isn't really much usefull up there.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seems the guy called 'tma' over at Score Hero has nearly got this nailed. He says he's 99% sure he's found the charts. Then he starts talking about strings of data in the ROM, which just confuses me.
wacko.gif

jared120120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, seeing as I know basically nothing about strings of data i'm just going to try to replace the .ogg files. I know it probablly won't work and the arm9 might reject it. But if it works just turn band down in options and guitar up and you have a song play by the wrong notes lol. Whatever. I'll hang around and see how this turns out.

Swatkinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So wait let me see if I get this, theres .gob files that contain the .ogg files that make up the sound? or the notes on the fret board? I dont really understand programming fully, although I make games on GM (I know thats not really scripting but it can be if you use variables and script code commands and I do). If you want to try one of my games go to my site http://www.mazcogaming.2ya.com some of the downloads dont work, just try Animal Hunt.

Anyway I am a fast learner and want to help so give me an assignment and ill move on it, I also am about to check IRC on the DSO channel and see if I can find some programmers or haxerz.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never did get that IRC on DS Organize working... I had a cheap Games n Music though.

ogg is a sound file right? have you listened to them, maybe swap it out, another song, but no chart yet.

nitrodude150

Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
Swatkinz said:
So wait let me see if I get this, theres .gob files that contain the .ogg files that make up the sound? or the notes on the fret board? I dont really understand programming fully, although I make games on GM (I know thats not really scripting but it can be if you use variables and script code commands and I do). If you want to try one of my games go to my site http://www.mazcogaming.2ya.com some of the downloads dont work, just try Animal Hunt.

Anyway I am a fast learner and want to help so give me an assignment and ill move on it, I also am about to check IRC on the DSO channel and see if I can find some programmers or haxerz.
Stop distracting us with your GAMES AHH!!!
yaynds.gif

nitrodude150

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Ok if you guys haven't already seen it yet, the chart extensions are .qgms

Here is a code quote from TMA at score hero:
"
Code:
tarragon@veritas:~/ghhacking/ghot/rom $ strings 2380-arm9.bin | grep '%s.*\.q' 
%s_camera.qcm 
%s_lightshow.qls 
%s.q 
%s_sections%s.qb 
%s_sections%s.qb 
%s_sections%s.qb 
%s_gems_med.qgm 
%s_gems_hard.qgm 
%s_gems_easy.qgm 
%s_gems_expert.qgm 
%s_gems_bass_med.qgm 
%s_gems_bass_easy.qgm 
%s_gems_bass_hard.qgm 
%s_gems_bass_expert.qgm 
%s_frets.qft 
%s_timesig.qsig 

tarragon@veritas:~/ghhacking/ghot/rom $ ./crc32string.pl '.\AllStar_gems_expert.qgm' 
0xf311d4b0

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, just get a flash cart, it's much easier mate! The Action Replay DS can only inject code into the game (I think), custom songs would require you to overwrite and delete songs (and text possibly) in the game.

Also, progress seems incredibly fast still.

D

Deleted User

Yeah, I'm impressed, and nitrodude gonna show us some songs by tomorrow, if he stays at this rate!
Keep up the good work!

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Well, seeing as I know basically nothing about strings of data i'm just going to try to replace the .ogg files. I know it probablly won't work and the arm9 might reject it. But if it works just turn band down in options and guitar up and you have a song play by the wrong notes lol. Whatever. I'll hang around and see how this turns out.

Please share if this works! I just really want custom songs, the frets don't have to be right yet! This would definitely be a way of tiding us over while the guys continue working on what I know will be magic!

Churros007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've read the whole thread, and it's very interesting....

Excellent work, hope you guys do well.

If you need anything just ask.

nitrodude150

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
AnimalCrossingX said:
Wait, how did this guy at ScoreHero find the charts when none of us found them after extracting every file?
You should check the score hero forum, he made his own program, tma and zelda have got this down dude!
yaynds.gif

Note: It's hard to admit, but I have done NOTHING!! I cannot and DID NOT take claim for TMA's and Zelda's Work! N'JOY!

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Should we start making custom songs wish list already....?
smile.gif

That's would be so cool to make GH with best songs from other GH games.
Can't wait...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof