Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DS1 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Fel said:
In another review someone said that the story of this game is mediocre at best, but it sounds really great from your review. So that means the story is actually brilliant, right? Something deep like Golden Sun?

I never really thought Golden Sun was deep. I honestly find the same goes for most RPGs, but that's just me.

The story itself isn't the best, but it's the atmosphere that really gets it. I'm sick as fuck of all RPGs being set in the same old places. Taking concepts from Greek mythology and representing them very well is what they did best here. You can go through all of ancient Greece, fighting mythical beasts as well as having a universe of gods and stuff.

Yeah, that's how I feel. The thing that really drove me through this game is that it wasn't the same-old fantasy world, and it stuck pretty close to some of the original myths.

I would like to play devil's advocate, though, and say that the game is obnoxiously long. The normal battle animations (albeit very nice looking), take way longer than they should, and though you don't have to grind, the frequency of random battles is unnerving towards the end.
QFT, the battle animations look lovely, but they're so long... You can, however, mash the A button and some actions won't show up anymore, they should've made that an option though.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice review, I picked up the game, and I'm currently hooked to it.
yay.gif

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Had this one on hold but started playing it after reading the review. Got to say it's definitely one of the better games I've played in a long time.
I basically agree with the review. The story is great, the graphics are simply stunning, and the combat system doesn't leave a lot to wish for. Oh, and i absolutely LOVE the dispatch ability, there's not many things that are more annoying in turnbased rpgs than a monster or two still standing with like 5 hp left in other games when the round is finished.

Btw, was quite sure Kraken was from the norse mythology, not the greek
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la