Hacking [GUIDE] Upgrading 8.1.0-0J to 9.2.0-20J

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo took down the 9.0.0-9.2.0 firmware files so to update to those versions, you will have to host your own copy on your own server.

Nintendo's soap servers are encrypted but the method outlined in the beginning of the thread changes the server that the 3ds is looking for soap to non https server. ie your own server

Thanks for all your help! I am going to try to go public with this this weekend if all goes well

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been known since the CDN was taken down that you could host your own, the problem was that nobody had saved the actual content.

pegasus21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks for all your help! I am going to try to go public with this this weekend if all goes well

You're welcome. It should go fine once you have everything set up properly and in the right place.

It's been known since the CDN was taken down that you could host your own, the problem was that nobody had saved the actual content.

Yes. That is the main issue. 5 days ago someone made a script to unpack the cia update files so it's possible to update to 9.1.0-20J

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome. It should go fine once you have everything set up properly and in the right place.

Yes. That is the main issue. 5 days ago someone made a script to unpack the cia update files so it's possible to update to 9.1.0-20J

sadly i had that scrypt for months and couldn't make this work..... im a happy ron now

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Nintendo took down the 9.0.0-9.2.0 firmware files so to update to those versions, you will have to host your own copy on your own server.
yeah i know that, i'm not talking about just fw files :) i'm not sure if that was what laramie meant. i was meaning the whole cdn stuff, like games and apps.

oh i think i have all the 9.2 and below fw files from when i made UpdateCDN... i thought 9.2 files would be shared somewhere... i'll check if i still have them :)

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: Ronhero

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
yeah i know that, i'm not talking about just fw files :) i'm not sure if that was what laramie meant. i was meaning the whole cdn stuff, like games and apps.

oh i think i have all the 9.2 and below fw files from when i made UpdateCDN... i thought 9.2 files would be shared somewhere... i'll check if i still have them :)

If only you got the 8.1 j browser.... I remember reading it was the only one your bot missed

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
If only you got the 8.1 j browser.... I remember reading it was the only one your bot missed
hmm i'm not sure, all my tool did was download every title in the fw csvs on yellows8's site, i don't see why it would miss out the browser, but sure i never actually tested that i think

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
hmm i'm not sure, all my tool did was download every title in the fw csvs on yellows8's site, i don't see why it would miss out the browser, but sure i never actually tested that i think

I remember reading it missed a FW between 8.1 and 9.0 for JPN and that was the browser update

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I remember reading it missed a FW between 8.1 and 9.0 for JPN and that was the browser update
hmm maybe there was a problem with the csv file or something (as in, nothing specific to my script, it just does as it is told lol)
but i'll keep it in mind

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know, I overlooked redirecting and changing encrypted functions aka soap to html duh.. Also if we really do need 1.x-9.x + I kinda have a 1.0 o3ds which I mean not to brag but I can just get the otp from it [emoji14]

plt2so6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can we simply extract the firmware of a 3ds in 9.2.0-20E with all tools we have now ? and reinject into 3ds in older firmware to update it(i'm understand that you search to trick the server to do this)?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I have all the 9.2j files downloaded with 3DSNUS before they were taken down... is this what people have been needing all along?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. That's exactly what is required to update to 9.2.0-20J. As it is, the set currently floating around is 9.1.0-20J.
Ah, okay. They're on my desktop and I'm away from home for a few days but I'll upload them to 'that site' when I get back for anyone who wants them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQOFpDdg5rQ