YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Praetor192 said:
4. Will I be able to redownload VC games that I have downloaded from the net from nintendo's shop channel (aka if I download a game from a site, put it on my wii, and then go to the shop, can I dl it again for free?)?

i tried this. i went onto the shop channel after deleting a few games (for the system memory so it didnt remove tickets) and the titels that i deleted came up as downloadable. i tried to download each one of them but it just said error, try again later or something like that

when i went to account activity and looked at my downloaded titles it showed none of the wad installed titles. in that case i dont think that you can download them from the shop channel...

wish ya could though, saves me all this intstalling and uninstalling crap. cant get lylat wars onto it though... never installs properly.

anyone else have that problem?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mugwhump said:
question: what do I need to do to install PAL VC titles on an NTSC wii?

get 'free the wads' program and use it basically. easy enough to use.

open command prompt, then drag freethewads.exe into the command box, then press space, then just drag the wad you want to play on ur console into it.

dont know much about the region setting. thats all i do and they work fine for me
smile.gif

(i'm using a PAL wii, not sure what the wads are though to be quite honest XD i patch them all anyways and they work fine)

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your responses, so can anyone answer this?
QUOTE said:
I accidentally overloaded games. When I booted up after the install, it said to make some room so I deleted some stuff (legit games and channels) until I had 400 blocks free. Will there still be any adverse effects?

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
1. Say I get the smash bros injected in to S&P: SotE, if I already have legit sin & punishment, what will happen to it?

I did for giggles and testing purposes delete a legit game (Mario Bros) and installed a WAD of it onto my Wii. This actually killed my record of it on the WiiStore (the titles downloaded list) - but oddly still has my purchase record, but I can't redownload it for free from the WiiStore, despite this.

Not quote the same thing, but just to warn you.

QUOTEI accidentally overloaded games. When I booted up after the install, it said to make some room so I deleted some stuff (legit games and channels) until I had 400 blocks free. Will there still be any adverse effects?

Well, legit games can be redownloaded laters anyways, since it doesn't kill tickets. But you might lose some free space, due to the partially installed WADs, but I'm not positive on this. You can try WAD uninstalling, but I don't know if it'll work or not.

mugwhump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^Whups.... hmmm, I overdownloaded twice (or was it three times?). So do I lose space from the Wii's half of the SD card, or from my half?

bmaster77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem... I might be retarded.

When I talk to the guy and it loads up all the codes....

Then in stays there in that page forever.

It says somthing like

FAT_ReadFile(boot.elf) failed with error -1
ss No elf image at address 980100000
Dol image detected?
loading binary file...

I followed every step correctly then i get this
frown.gif

please help

thanks

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
if your using SDcard in the Wii

Shove the boot.elf onto the root of your card and create 2 folders, one called wad and one called elf.

You can shove the Virtual console games in the wad folder.
The elf folder can be for like non channels ie snes9xgx.elf ect

If your using anything other than the twilight hack then you'll have to ask someone else

Alternately you can install the wad installation channel (wad file) and the wad uninstallation channel (wad) thus bypassing the Twilight Hack. (except to install those two)

bmaster77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone just upload what they put into their SD card so I can just copy it to the root of my SD card?

I think it would make it 10x easier

.:Kurda:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you need a modchip to do this?

Can you please give me the link to the guide on how to 'inject' roms or something?

Im sorry for the nooblet questions it's just i tuned out for a couple weeks on the Wii scene

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You could be forgiven for being newbie, but not for laziness. Look around.

No you do not need a modchip for this, all you need is
  • Wii
  • SD Card
  • Computer (mac or windows pc, not sure about linux)
  • Controllers
  • SD Reader/Writer
  • WAD files
  • Required files (Twilight Hack, WAD installer, etc)
Guides for injecting roms are around. Before I came here I got my VC stuff working without asking a single question, so please just look around rather than being lazy.

Also: google and accounts to private torrent sites are a definite plus for anyone wanting to get in on this.

I want PD, Majora's Mask, DK 64, smash bros and GoldenEye so much... too bad most of them either won't be here ever or for a while ;( (other than injection)

jourdy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone please help me with this?
I followed all the steps above, however, when I talk to the guy, the game freezes. I don't get the black screen with codes/numbers. I tried moving towards the camera as well, but same thing happened - the game just freezes on me.

baseline007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great guide... one question though.. will ffcc:mlaak us-vc work on my jap unit? installed it successfully but it gives me an error i dont understand.. short error in white text and black background.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jourdy said:
Can anyone please help me with this?
I followed all the steps above, however, when I talk to the guy, the game freezes. I don't get the black screen with codes/numbers. I tried moving towards the camera as well, but same thing happened - the game just freezes on me.

The only reasons why it shouldn't work:

1: You have to have played TP at least once before using the hack save.
2: You used the wrong save for your version of the game. The US has 2 different versions, so you need to use the proper one. Torrents are generally the 0 version, while if you own the game, look at the inner ring for a printed serial to tell you which one to use.

jourdy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried both the RZDE0 and the RZDE2 and both froze on me. I also have played the game before, I finished it months ago.

Everything works just fine except when I start talking to the guy. The game freezes with a loud buzzing sound. I checked the inner circle of the disc but I don't see the serial. The only thing I see is, "The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess NTSC L0"

wackedfoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've followed 3 different guides on how to do this and even tried on 2 different SD cards. i followed the instructions to a t. i always get stuck on the part where i look at the SD card memory and choose the loader. there's never anything on the card. can anyone give me any possible reason why this is happening? this is driving me insane =/

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure you changed the .bin file to data.bin ? are you 100% sure the file/folder structure is correct, and that the SD is formatted as FAT 16? just look for the small things like these, you probably just forgot something tiny. Make sure you view extensions and make all the names of everything match.

wackedfoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^wow, i guess it was. i named the folder "RZDE0" instead of "RZDE". i was pretty much trying to fix everything but that too. christ.

baseline007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive tried Pop VC on my jap unit.. i freedthewad before injecting it.. I can play the game on my semi-bricked wii (because of ssbb-u) but in japanese.. anyone have any idea? or similar experience?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: