Hacking Guide to: Converting PS1 games for PSP

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there a good alternative for MacOS X for the program used in the guide? I've found a few that could help me with changing stuff to .cso, but if someone has had any experience with them I'd be glad to hear from them. Otherwise I'll start trying to set things up on the Windows 7 part of the computer that I rarely use.. :/

-Qtis

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive looked and they all blow. Ive tried Darwine a few times too and they just blew up.

My solution is to duel boot my Mac with XP and do it from there, but now my XP side has a virus X(

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That compatibility list link doesn't work.

And since it doesn't work for me, I'm guessing Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden with the v0.95b Aeon Genesis translation pack does not work. Damn.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country

And since it doesn't work for me, I'm guessing Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden with the v0.95b Aeon Genesis translation pack does not work. Damn.

Well there's determination for you! Indications are that it works ok on 3.71 with minor graphic glitches.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well there's determination for you! Indications are that it works ok on 3.71 with minor graphic glitches.

Well I'm running 6.20 PRO-B10 and the converter didn't even convert it properly.

shadowdorothy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So a few questions. Haven't ripped anything yet but want to ask before I try. Can I play Japanese games on my Psp 2001 running firmware 6.60? Or do I have to add something to my root folder? I'm assuming from the first page of posts that Sony has included a built in emulator which will run most games.

Also can I convert save files from my original ps1 memory cards to psp save files?

edits:
Well I seem to have a problem. I can't get me dvd drive to recognize my ps1 discs. Do I need to install something on my PC besides Alcohol 52% to be able to rip discs?

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a few questions. Haven't ripped anything yet but want to ask before I try. Can I play Japanese games on my Psp 2001 running firmware 6.60? Or do I have to add something to my root folder? I'm assuming from the first page of posts that Sony has included a built in emulator which will run most games.

Also can I convert save files from my original ps1 memory cards to psp save files?

edits:
Well I seem to have a problem. I can't get me dvd drive to recognize my ps1 discs. Do I need to install something on my PC besides Alcohol 52% to be able to rip discs?

All you need is a burning software capable to rip disk and the physical copy of course... All you need to do is to tell the software to make a RAW/ISO of that disk....

And to answer the other question... PSPs can read PSX JP games so all is ok on that

shadowdorothy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK that's good. If I could rip the iso's that is. My DvD drive is not recognized by either alcohol 52% or magic rip. Neither of them know the drive is there. However I can put in a regular cd or DvD and it reads it just fine. Anyone know how to fix this? Do I need to install something to get it to recognize PS1 cds?

zekerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm trying to play the original MGS on my PSP, but I don't seem to work.
I softmodded my psp (firmware 6.60), it's a 3004-version.
When I start MGS, I see some text and then the PSOne logo. After this, the screen goes black and nothing happens.. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That's a classic indication that you need to run a more compatible pops version using popsloader. I'd suggest that you use the PSN version to avoid problems with the disc swap but if that's difficult try 3.72 pops.

zekerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's a classic indication that you need to run a more compatible pops version using popsloader. I'd suggest that you use the PSN version to avoid problems with the disc swap but if that's difficult try 3.72 pops.

I'm not quite sure what you suggest..
I can't find a pops version for 6.60 firmware (or am I looking at the wrong things), and do you mean the PSN version of Metal Gear Solid?
Maybe you have some more info or links? Thanks a lot!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
and do you mean the PSN version of Metal Gear Solid?

Yes the official US PSN version. That way you'll avoid any potential pitfalls you may otherwise run into as someone who's just starting out with PSX emulation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!