• Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

Rob Tree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently obtained a 3.51 Vita. Could one help a noob out?

First things first, I plan on updating to 3.60 but is there anything I might miss out on if I don't stay on 3.51? Such as PS1 isos, PSP homebrew, etc?

Next, could someone link me to the PS3 trick thing to activating my Vita, I know about PSN not working anymore. I do have a PS3 if that helps in anyway.

Once that's all settled, Adrenaline does something with PSP games I believe. I've done a little research on this, so I've obtained a small demo (Half-Minute Hero PSP) on my PS3. I'm just not quite sure what I'm supposed to do with that demo.

I assume the chronological order of doing things would be to: Update to 3.60 -> Activate PS Vita -> Henkaku -> Adrenaline with PSP demo from PS3.

I'm sorry for how noobish I am, but I do learn very quickly as I do have several other devices I've 'hacked' (3DS, Wii U, PSP). Thanks to anyone who helps!

Last edited by Rob Tree,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Recently obtained a 3.51 Vita. Could one help a noob out?

First things first, I plan on updating to 3.60 but is there anything I might miss out on if I don't stay on 3.51?

Next, could someone link me to the PS3 trick thing to activating my Vita, I know about PSN not working anymore. I do have a PS3 if that helps in anyway.

Once that's all settled, Adrenaline does something with PSP games I believe. I've done a little research on this, so I've obtained a small demo (Half-Minute Hero PSP) on my PS3. I'm just not quite sure what I'm supposed to do with that demo.

I assume the chronological order of doing things would be to: Update to 3.60 -> Activate PS Vita -> Henkaku -> Adrenaline with PSP demo from PS3.

I'm sorry for how noobish I am, but I do learn very quickly as I do have several other devices I've 'hacked' (3DS, Wii U, PSP). Thanks to anyone who helps!
3.60 is (currently) the only easily accessible native Vita hack, so you won't be missing anything at all on any lower firmware.

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head with the order, the only thing you need to change is Henkaku to taiHen by using beta.henkaku.xyz instead of the regular henkaku.xyz in order to install Adrenaline (it's required to install and run it).

The activation method with a PS3 is in the OP of this thread, just follow that nad it will work. Make sure your Vita is in airplane mode while you do it to avoid the "please update" nag.

To install Adrenaline, just follow the tutorial at the top of this link for Easy Adrenaline Installer.: http://gbatemp.net/threads/installing-adrenaline-6-61.449344/

Rob Tree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.60 is (currently) the only easily accessible native Vita hack, so you won't be missing anything at all on any lower firmware.

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head with the order, the only thing you need to change is Henkaku to taiHen by using beta.henkaku.xyz instead of the regular henkaku.xyz in order to install Adrenaline (it's required to install and run it).

The activation method with a PS3 is in the OP of this thread, just follow that nad it will work. Make sure your Vita is in airplane mode while you do it to avoid the "please update" nag.

To install Adrenaline, just follow the tutorial at the top of this link for Easy Adrenaline Installer.: http://gbatemp.net/threads/installing-adrenaline-6-61.449344/

I have a memory card coming in the mail tomorrow, does it matter if I activate the vita before I put in the card?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If you're getting a Slim Vita, yeah that's fine. If you're getting an OLED one, you'll need the memory card to activate the Vita as you have to transfer content from the PS3 in order for it to activate and the OLED Vita has no (usable) internal storage.

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Ok so I downgraded just fine and installed henkaku succesfully by the looks of things. Now I'm attempting to transfer some vpk files over to the console but I'm having trouble doing so.

I'm following the qcma offline method, I have the vpk file and the needed files but I don't seem to have anything located inside of the C:\Users\USER\PS Vita folder, (should be C:\Users\USER\PS Vita\SAVEDATA\RandomNumbers&Letters\).
I placed all the files directly inside of the PS Vita folder as so :C:\Users\USER\PS Vita\vhbl

When I refresh the database in qmca I get No PS Vita has been registered even though it showed Connected to user046 right before I tried doing so.

Do I need to activate it through a PS3? What benefits do I get by doing so?

Sorry for the noobish questions..

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I always found the save data method a bit outdated since Henkaku became a thing, try the video method instead.

Just rename the vpk to "whatever.vpk.mp4" and place it in QCMAs video location (wherever that may be). Once transferred, it'll be in ux0/video/randomfolder. Then just rename it back to whatever.vpk and install as normal.

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I always found the save data method a bit outdated since Henkaku became a thing, try the video method instead.

Just rename the vpk to "whatever.vpk.mp4" and place it in QCMAs video location (wherever that may be). Once transferred, it'll be in ux0/video/randomfolder. Then just rename it back to whatever.vpk and install as normal.
Thanks! I managed to get the transfer started but it's asking me to link the system with a PSN account. This is my first PS console so I don't have a PSN account yet. Is it necessary to create one? Can the account on the system be switched to another one without too much hassle?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It's not really "necessary", but if you want to do things like run Adrenaline or apparently transfer videos you'll need one.

If you don't have one already, unless you have a PS3 handy, you can't activate it while on 3.60 cuz PSN spoofing was fixed.

It's easy enough to switch accounts, but there's no real reason to at this point.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Main post should be updated with info about Adrenaline.
Also, I've seen posts from a few months ago about a standalone Vita activator homebrew. Does this still work on 3.60?
Apparently not, but can PS3's switch to a new account just for activating Vitas? I wouldn't want to risk my friends' active accounts being banned or anything, since I don't have a PS3.

Last edited by Fishaman P,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Main post should be updated with info about Adrenaline.
Also, I've seen posts from a few months ago about a standalone Vita activator homebrew. Does this still work on 3.60?
Once Sony fixed PSN spoofing, both activators stopped working. The only way to activate at this current moment is time is via the PS3 method.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

OP
While a dedicated a thread is nice, people linked here as the "end all be all" noob thread won't have a clue it exists.
Fair enough. I added some quick info and links to the second post (the one for HENkaku tuts). Satisfied yet?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough. I added some quick info and links to the second post (the one for HENkaku tuts). Satisfied yet?
Mostly. Just some other stuff that should be touched up to account for it.

- It is currently NOT possible to install an eCFW or play PSP games/backups on the PSP-side on 3.57 or higher.

D

Deleted User

OP
Mostly. Just some other stuff that should be touched up to account for it.
Fixed.

- It is currently NOT possible to install a PSP eCFW or play PSP backups on 3.61 or higher! However, if you have set up VHBL (PSP homebrew enabler ONLY) on 3.60 or lower, you can update to 3.61 or higher and still be able to access it.

Keep pointing out any other errors you see in the first and second posts.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Fixed.

- It is currently NOT possible to install a PSP eCFW or play PSP backups on 3.61 or higher! However, if you have set up VHBL (PSP homebrew enabler ONLY) on 3.60 or lower, you can update to 3.61 or higher and still be able to access it.

Keep pointing out any other errors you see in the first and second posts.
I'm a newcomer to the Vita myself, so I'm no expert here.
Just one thing left that's confusing me:
With news that Coldbird and TheFloW are working together to deliver an ARK eCFW solution for 3.60 in the upcoming months, this may not have to be worried about anymore, and 3.60 will become the absolute definitive firmware for Vita hacking.
This sounds like Adrenaline to me. Was there something even bigger planned? Or rather, any reason 3.60 wouldn't be the absolute definitive firmware right now?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm a newcomer to the Vita myself, so I'm no expert here.
Just one thing left that's confusing me:

This sounds like Adrenaline to me. Was there something even bigger planned? Or rather, any reason 3.60 wouldn't be the absolute definitive firmware right now?
Nope, that's Adrenaline. Originally Coldbird was supposed to be the one porting it, but he didn't have time so TheFloW took over.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
what is the latest fw version for new vita? does it still come with fw 3.60 or below?
currently thinking of purchasing a new one and this jap saga scarlet grace model (not released yet) got my interest. what is the chance of it coming with fw 3.60 or below?

5hiTfxT.jpg

http://hackinformer.com/2016/12/01/two-new-psvita-colors-hit-the-market/
So apparently new vita comes with 3.61
Big chance that the saga scarlet grace model will come with 3.61 as well then

nonosto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dear

I have PS Vita PCH-2016 in 3.55. I would like to install FW 3.60 with QCMA. It run 2 or 3 second and I have this error message:

files corrupt:

C3-11038-3

When I use recovery mode I have this message:

C3-3822-5

I try change region in xml, but same result.

Any idea please?

THX

NB: I dont know exactly my PS Vita region, I think UK or EU, I try combo for hidden menu for check but dont run.

D

Deleted User

OP
Dear

I have PS Vita PCH-2016 in 3.55. I would like to install FW 3.60 with QCMA. It run 2 or 3 second and I have this error message:

files corrupt:

C3-11038-3

When I use recovery mode I have this message:

C3-3822-5

I try change region in xml, but same result.

Any idea please?

THX

NB: I dont know exactly my PS Vita region, I think UK or EU, I try combo for hidden menu for check but dont run.
Have you tried redownloading the update file? Sounds like just what it says on the tin: the files are corrupt in some way, and it most-likely could be the update file.
Also make sure you are using the full 3.60 update PUP file (the one that is over 100MB in size) and not any of the smaller variants you can get online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.