Hacking [GUIDE] The Ultimate Noob PS Vita/PSTV Hacking Guide OP OUTDATED

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 700,965
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
It's only required for Adrenaline, all Vita-related backup games and homebrew don't require an activated Vita because they don't need "valid" license files.

It's required for Adrenaline because PSP-mode still needs valid license files to launch the game from the Vita's live screen. The only way to get a valid license file currently is by having an activated Vita.

Ahh, OK! Thanks for clearing that up. I just play PSP Remasters on my PS3, so it's not really necessary at this point. How do I know it's activated though?

Buster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys, i have one simple question:

Does Activated mean to be logged into PSN or just that the Vita is linked to a PSN account?

I had to format my MemoryCard, since then ive been logged out, but the vita is Still linked to my Acc.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, i have one simple question:

Does Activated mean to be logged into PSN or just that the Vita is linked to a PSN account?

I had to format my MemoryCard, since then ive been logged out, but the vita is Still linked to my Acc.
Activated means linked to PSN. Formatting the memory card won't wipe activation status, so as long as you downloaded something from PSN beforehand you're activated.

Buster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Activated means linked to PSN. Formatting the memory card won't wipe activation status, so as long as you downloaded something from PSN beforehand you're activated.

Wow that was quick. Thank you!

So ive got a PsVita on 3.60 which is activated ... henkaku and molekular already installed ... next step would be downloading a PSP Demo/Game via PS3 to install adrenaline in order to play PSP Isos.

Is it worth it? Do the Isos run perfectly? Or should I just buy an old PSP and mod it?

Is it possible to play pirated Vita games?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Wow that was quick. Thank you!

So ive got a PsVita on 3.60 which is activated ... henkaku and molekular already installed ... next step would be downloading a PSP Demo/Game via PS3 to install adrenaline in order to play PSP Isos.

Is it worth it? Do the Isos run perfectly? Or should I just buy an old PSP and mod it?

Is it possible to play pirated Vita games?
Most ISOs run as they would on a normal PSP. There are some exceptions, some games with cutscenes may have graphical glitches like Valkyrie Profile but in-game is fine.

Yes, you can play pirated Vita games with Henkaku.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Do i need to install a PSP game in order to play pirated vita games too? Could you point me to a tutorial?

Thank you for all the support!
No, the PSP game is only for Adrenaline and PSP ISOs. Vita games can just be installed using Molecular/Vita Shell or Maidump.

As for tutorials, go to the second post in this thread for info on that.

Buster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Perfect, it all worked out, only problem is that i have a tiny 4gb memorystick. Does the old psvita have internal storage i could use? Or does it only work with the memorystick?

Edit:

4gb arw pretty useless it seems, all the good games are too big :/ i tryed installing one piece burning blood, but it says at least 1.5 gb more space is needed, the game is 2.48 gb big and the 4gb are completely empty :/

Problem is, here in germany those memory sticks arent sold anymore.

Last edited by Buster,

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Perfect, it all worked out, only problem is that i have a tiny 4gb memorystick. Does the old psvita have internal storage i could use? Or does it only work with the memorystick?

Edit:

4gb arw pretty useless it seems, all the good games are too big :/ i tryed installing one piece burning blood, but it says at least 1.5 gb more space is needed, the game is 2.48 gb big and the 4gb are completely empty :/

Problem is, here in germany those memory sticks arent sold anymore.

I have the same issue. Almost 4 GB free, but I can't transfer a 1.5 GB game because Content Manager says I need 2.98 GB more. WTF?

Anyway, have you looked on Amazon? They ship worldwide, I believe.

Buster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ive found a great solution for all people with 4gb Memorycards!

- Download a game of your choice to your pc

- open it with a programm like winrar or 7zip

- copy out only the biggest folder (usually called "data" i guess) and leave everything else in the vpk!

- send the vpk to your psp via ftp and install

- now take that big folder you extracted out of the vpk and transfer it to the folder vitashell installed to (should be in the directory "app")

That worked perfectly, now i have one piece burning blood (2.5gb) installed and working perfectly :D

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Ive found a great solution for all people with 4gb Memorycards!

- Download a game of your choice to your pc

- open it with a programm like winrar or 7zip

- copy out only the biggest folder (usually called "data" i guess) and leave everything else in the vpk!

- send the vpk to your psp via ftp and install

- now take that big folder you extracted out of the vpk and transfer it to the folder vitashell installed to (should be in the directory "app")

That worked perfectly, now i have one piece burning blood (2.5gb) installed and working perfectly :D

Interesting.... Have you tested this on other games? What about mai dumps?

Skorch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So by being unable to register a psn account, am I missing out on anything else besides watching videos and installing adrenaline on the vita? And adrenaline is just used to play ps1 games, correct?

Also where can I buy a new vita? I haven't seen any in stores, and they are awfully overpriced (over $400) on amazon.ca.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So by being unable to register a psn account, am I missing out on anything else besides watching videos and installing adrenaline on the vita? And adrenaline is just used to play ps1 games, correct?

Also where can I buy a new vita? I haven't seen any in stores, and they are awfully overpriced (over $400) on amazon.ca.
Adrenaline is used for PSP games, not PS1 games. Other than that, not really missing much at this point.

And best I can say is various online stores, maybe try EBGames or something.

Skorch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Adrenaline is used for PSP games, not PS1 games. Other than that, not really missing much at this point.

And best I can say is various online stores, maybe try EBGames or something.

Thank you.

EB's site says they are all sold out. But I have found a couple used ones in stores. I guess there's always amazon.com or ebay if I can't find it anywhere else.

Subishi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is there anyway to hack Vita on 3.63 Software? Are ISO games playable for Vita? I was looking for it in 2012, but that time weren't any hacks and now I miss Henkaku and upragded to 3.63 :sad:

Sorry for my bad English:wink:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to hack Vita on 3.63 Software? Are ISO games playable for Vita? I was looking for it in 2012, but that time weren't any hacks and now I miss Henkaku and upragded to 3.63 :sad:

Sorry for my bad English:wink:
No, 3.63 is not hackable. 3.60 is required, and is currently the only firmware that can be hacked.

Games are playable, but only with Henkaku or the extremely expensive Blackfin Cobra (which is sort of like a flash card, except it requires constant internet connection).

You're better off selling your Vita and buying another one with 3.60. Any brand new Vita will have it sans a couple of very new JP console colors.

Reactions: Subishi

Subishi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, 3.63 is not hackable. 3.60 is required, and is currently the only firmware that can be hacked.

Games are playable, but only with Henkaku or the extremely expensive Blackfin Cobra (which is sort of like a flash card, except it requires constant internet connection).

You're better off selling your Vita and buying another one with 3.60. Any brand new Vita will have it sans a couple of very new JP console colors.
Ok... Thanks.
Recently I heard about chip with system 3.60 instead of 3.63, Is this a safe option?
I've never opened Vita before...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto