Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well you're in luck, @yifan_lu created an update server which will select the correct version for you.

http://wololo.net/2016/12/03/henkaku-update-server-easy-way-update-ps-vita-fw-3-60/ Follow the instructions here, you should have no problems.

Reactions: nonosto

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope, right now using a PS3 is the only way.

So I can just create a new account, log into it on my PS3 and quickly activate it?
Or I can borrow my friend's extra PS3 and do it.

EDIT: Can I play any region games on the Vita? Or is it region-locked?

Last edited by GuyInDogSuit,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So I can just create a new account, log into it on my PS3 and quickly activate it?
Or I can borrow my friend's extra PS3 and do it.

EDIT: Can I play any region games on the Vita? Or is it region-locked?
You can use any PS3 so long as you have thr same account on it and the Vita. You can add multiple accounts to a PS3, so you can add yours to your friends PS3, download a demo and transfer it that way.

And the Vita isn't region locked, you can play any region game backup.

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You can use any PS3 so long as you have thr same account on it and the Vita. You can add multiple accounts to a PS3, so you can add yours to your friends PS3, download a demo and transfer it that way.

And the Vita isn't region locked, you can play any region game backup.

Sweet, thanks!

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to do the activation part, and I've gotten to the bit where I'm supposed to connect the Vita to my PC and run QCMA and wait for an error message. I'm confused about this step.

I connected it, and the message "Connecting" comes up, then says it could not connect, and lists "Suggested actions" for PS3 and PC, and the OK button. I unplug it, and that error goes away. What do?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. I had to open Content Manager, and select "Copy data" and unplug it.

Unfortunately, I can't use MY PS3 to activate it because the console is banned.

Last edited by GuyInDogSuit,

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
1) Download this VHBL savedata (I took out all the unimportant files...)

2) Unpack the savedata to your configured QCMA Savedata directory (Default dir is C:\Users\USER\PS Vita\SAVEDATA\RandomNumbers&Letters\)

3) Place any files, be it VPK files or any other file types, into the "vhbl" folder in the unpacked savedata folder. (I took the liberty of placing a file telling you where to place your files anyway if you're still unsure.)

4) Refresh the Database of your QCMA program (or open it if you haven't already) and then transfer the VHBL savedata from the PC to your Vita via USB cable. (This also works over wifi)

5) You should now be able to view/move/manage your transferred files at ux0:Pspemu/PSP/SAVEDATA/VHBL0123X/vhbl/*.*

Now you can transfer all of your files with ease, fully offline, if you still don't have FTP up and running! (Trust me; it's really faster!)

I'm confused, do I use Content Manager on the Vita to do this? Because it's not detecting that stuff.

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Correct, only some PSP demos/games are compatible with the Vita (mostly for licensing reasons, but whatevs). If you can't see anything to transfer, it's because it's not supported by the Vita.

So I should download Locoroco on the PS3 and activate with that? I didn't see any PSP games on the store.

Speaking of which.... I got a PSN error 80029724 when trying to download a free game on the PS3, to activate the Vita with. What does that mean?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Looks like my Vita is already activated (?). It's not asking me to sign into PSN when I try to transfer stuff. Managed to figure out the files with the VHBL save thing, too. Finally got Mai Dump Tool installed. Gonna try a game next.
It won't ask you to sign in at all because the account should have already been linked to the Vita on setup. Activating isn't adding an account, it's like...validating that account with Sony.

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
It won't ask you to sign in at all because the account should have already been linked to the Vita on setup. Activating isn't adding an account, it's like...validating that account with Sony.

Which is why I'm not even sure what it does, or why it's necessary. Unless it's required to access the PSN Store?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Which is why I'm not even sure what it does, or why it's necessary.
It's only required for Adrenaline, all Vita-related backup games and homebrew don't require an activated Vita because they don't need "valid" license files.

It's required for Adrenaline because PSP-mode still needs valid license files to launch the game from the Vita's live screen. The only way to get a valid license file currently is by having an activated Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto