Hacking [Guide] Replace Zelda SS Textures and Models

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember that file name, I think it's somewhere near the bottom of ObjectPack. Something like Sky___.arc. Second bottom or something. I know this because I edited the statues face in Skyloft with Charlie Sheen's face. LOL

I think you misunderstood what I ment, or maybe I was just very unclear.
I mean the actual location of that texture in-game. What object it belongs to, where its located (in game) etc.

Errorjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember that file name, I think it's somewhere near the bottom of ObjectPack. Something like Sky___.arc. Second bottom or something. I know this because I edited the statues face in Skyloft with Charlie Sheen's face. LOL

I think you misunderstood what I ment, or maybe I was just very unclear.
I mean the actual location of that texture in-game. What object it belongs to, where its located (in game) etc.

Oh, then I have no clue. Try making it bright red and find where

Soda_zer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just curious.

the full ObjectPack file is just about 8.66 Mb big
I allready played around with model ripping when Twighlight Princess came out
I guess the file strukture in this Iso was diffrent.

I don't remember the exact file structure nether the name of the file containing all objects of the game
But I have this one folde here... extracted in many .arc files.

its about 124 Mb big.

All Objects of the Skyword sword compressed into 8.66 MB???
Really?

I was searching for the models of the many fancy characters and enemies...
Did anyone encounter them already?

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
ObjectPack doesnt contain everything. But it does contain all the items you can aquire (swords, shield, beetle, etc etc), some smaller structures, the important models (Link, Zelda, Fi, Ghiramin, Groose).

Everything else is baked into the Stages folder. And I guess all the enemies are there somewhere as well (I havnt looked into it).
The Stage folder is around 600MB compressed. (I cant say for certain as I got every file uncompressed in the same dir as well).

But everything, EVERYTHING, is split into smaller files, and finding something is a bloody nightmare. The textures for Skyloft for example, is spread out across at least 3 files in different locations (objectpack,arc and 2 different stage files)

benito5555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HACK TEXT SCRIPT IN ZELDA SS

Hi, I just read your post guide to replace Zelda SS textures. What I need to edit is all the game text to translate it to another language.

I found the text files in root/US/Object/en_US/0-Common.arc

Extracted this ARC file and then I get all this MSBF and MSBT files. Do you have any idea how to edit these or what program to use?

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Replaced the those climbing vines now:
121anti.jpg

Before to the left, after to the right, if you cant tell :O

I tried taking the images from the same angle, but failed a bit.

Oh, and the method I used to replace the leafs SUCKED. I basicly replaced 1 leaf at a time >_

Soda_zer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ObjectPack doesnt contain everything. But it does contain all the items you can aquire (swords, shield, beetle, etc etc), some smaller structures, the important models (Link, Zelda, Fi, Ghiramin, Groose).

Everything else is baked into the Stages folder. And I guess all the enemies are there somewhere as well (I havnt looked into it).
The Stage folder is around 600MB compressed. (I cant say for certain as I got every file uncompressed in the same dir as well).

But everything, EVERYTHING, is split into smaller files, and finding something is a bloody nightmare. The textures for Skyloft for example, is spread out across at least 3 files in different locations (objectpack,arc and 2 different stage files)

Thank you very much.
for your fast reply.

Well looks like I am going on a long long long frustrating travel

LookItsLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to export the model in T-stance?

All exporters export in T-stance, thats the default pose. But incase you got some weird exporter, use brres viewer.

I got all the tools mentioned in the topic. I've exported the pieces of Link's model as .obj but when viewed in 3ds Max, they look like jumbled models. I can view the T-stanced model with BrawlBox, but I want to get it into 3ds Max.

Edit: Got it.

Errorjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Some monster are held inside the ObjectPack such as the Bokos, Deku Babas and few others I forgot.

PauloHenrique

Trophies
XP
Waiting for the model fix :lol:

And about you guys trying to make the game "HIGH-RESO", there is no problem with the game, the wii hardware is the main problem, the machine has only 22mb of video memory, there is no way to put 1024x1024 textures and yet play the game.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HACK TEXT SCRIPT IN ZELDA SS

Hi, I just read your post guide to replace Zelda SS textures. What I need to edit is all the game text to translate it to another language.

I found the text files in root/US/Object/en_US/0-Common.arc

Extracted this ARC file and then I get all this MSBF and MSBT files. Do you have any idea how to edit these or what program to use?
MSBT files can just be read and edited in a HEX editor. Try changing just one word and checking in game to see if it makes it crash or not before spending a lot of time to edit many things.

Replaced the those climbing vines now:
[snip]
That looks awesome! Looks like a lot of tedious work. Patch?

I got all the tools mentioned in the topic. I've exported the pieces of Link's model as .obj but when viewed in 3ds Max, they look like jumbled models. I can view the T-stanced model with BrawlBox, but I want to get it into 3ds Max.

Mind sharing how you exported as .obj and imported into 3ds Max properly?

I noticed your compress.bat only works for ObjectPack.arc, so I made this:
http://www.mediafire...is/compress.zip

It will work on any file that you drag onto it as input.
Thanks! Wasn't expecting to need to compress more than the ObjectPack.arc when we first started haha. Updated in the first post.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I noticed your compress.bat only works for ObjectPack.arc, so I made this:
http://www.mediafire...is/compress.zip

It will work on any file that you drag onto it as input.
Thanks! Wasn't expecting to need to compress more than the ObjectPack.arc when we first started haha. Updated in the first post.
No problem. I'll make any more batch files you want. If you open them up with a text editor and use it as a template, you can probably figure out how to make your own too.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. I'll make any more batch files you want. If you open them up with a text editor and use it as a template, you can probably figure out how to make your own too.
Yeah, I've made a few batch files back in my Guitar Hero hacking days; Just got pretty lazy with the (lack of) variables for LOZ. As soon as I figure out how to get these models exported properly to open in 3DS Max (and back) I think it would be fairly easy to make a nice little program using some of Wiimm's command line tools.

LookItsLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mind sharing how you exported as .obj and imported into 3ds Max properly?

Newer version of BrawlBox that allows export as .dae

http://www.mediafire.com/?bheevaw9m63zxhl

I
'm actually a Brawl hacker looking to replace Link in Brawl with Skyward Sword Link. :ninja:
Got his T-stanced model with sword and shield in place, now just working on vertex weights.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan