Tutorial Guide: Recover from Frankenfirmware w/o upgrading to 10.3 or higher

If you tried this on your 3DS, did it work?

• Total voters

DNS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm in a bad spot right now and I could use some help.

I have a Japanese New3DS XL version 9.9.

After a while of trying to get the downgrade working, it started but then "an error occurred" halfway through.
Thankfully I'm not hard bricked and it still boots up. System settings and the browser still work,
and even browser hax works and I was able to get into the homebrew channel.

System Settings says 9.1 so I'm wondering what I should do to fix this problem.
It's new out of the box so I really don't want to brick it.

My downgrade check log should be attached.
Many things are wrong like NATIVE FIRM, and a bunch of other mismatched stuff.

The downgrade pack I used is from that iso site. I've also posted there in case anybody else tries to downgrade using the 9.2 J N3ds pack.

Attachments

• check.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 345
Last edited by DNS,

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I'm in a bad spot right now and I could use some help. I have a N3ds xl J version 9.9. After a while of trying to get the downgrade working, it started but then "an error occurred" halfway through. Thankfully I'm not hard bricked and it still boots up. System settings and the browser still work, and even browser hax works and I was able to get into the homebrew channel. System Settings says 9.1 so I'm wondering what I should do to fix this problem. Its new out of the box so I really don't want to brick it. My downgrade check log should be attached. Many things are wrong like NATIVE FIRM, and a bunch of other mismatched stuff. The downgrade pack I used is from that iso site. I've also posted there in case anybody else tries to downgrade using the 9.2 J N3ds pack. SORRY FOR LACK OF FORMATTING, using a tab
Try re-running sysupdater from *hax of your choice

DNS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try re-running sysupdater from *hax of your choice
So, just try to finish the downgrade? I've tried updating to 10.7 thru regular system settings update, but that doesn't work. So I guess I'm gonna have to finish it. Thanks for replying as well.

Last edited by DNS,

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
So, just try to finish the downgrade? I've tried updating to 10.7 thru regular system settings update, but that doesn't work. So I guess I'm gonna have to finish it. Thanks for replying as well.
I had to do the same thing, it worked 2nd time round, only seemed to install the ones it failed to last time, but hey, it worked :P.

DNS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to do the same thing, it worked 2nd time round, only seemed to install the ones it failed to last time, but hey, it worked :P.
All right. Well thanks for the info. Hope I'm as lucky as you are. I'll report later with the results

DNS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Finishing the downgrade worked, and I am now on 9.1, with two mismatched titles and a wrong amiibo settings.
Otherwise, everything worked. In case anyone else runs into the same problem just do the above mentioned things.
Thank you @TheDuckMan64 and @infinete for your help.
Its been a few days so that makes it ok for me to double post.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright. Finishing the downgrade worked, and I am now on 9.1, with two mismatched titles and a wrong amiibo settings.
Otherwise, everything worked. In case anyone else runs into the same problem just do the above mentioned things.
Thank you @TheDuckMan64 and @infinete for your help.
Its been a few days so that makes it ok for me to double post.
You can look the title ID's up on the wiki and find out what they are, then delete the mismatched titles and install the 9.1 one's with FBI / title manager of your choice if you want. It doesn't really matter though :D

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I posted this a while ago in a thread of its own but I didn't get any real answers.

A friend of mine got scammed and bought an O3DS with a frankenfirmware. It crashes as soon as the settings are accessed and also randomly while playing games or using the menu.
The first step would be identifying the firmware I suppose, as all the exploits are usually firmware specific.
I tried the newly released soundhax on it, but it won't work. That probably means that the system's firmware is under 9.0.0. Also, when the power button is pressed while it's turned on, an option for going into standby mode appears.
20170109_173352.jpg
I can get my hands on any hardware needed for an entrypoint exploit if needed.
I understand that the spider exploit used by the gateway should work on lower firmwares but the only problem with that is that it needs an internet connection and well.. I can't access the settings.

Does anyone have any idea how this system could be saved?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20170109_173352.jpg
    20170109_173352.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 215

dinoson631

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anything i can do on frankenfirmware 6.0 where i can't boot anything off the menu, not even carts. everything that gets selected crashes.

Xoo00o0o0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anything i can do on frankenfirmware 6.0 where i can't boot anything off the menu, not even carts. everything that gets selected crashes.

If you have access to another 3DS with CFW and a compatible flashcart, you can use the recently released NTRBoothax to boot Godmode9 and perform a CTRTransfer. I haven't really kept up with anything in the 3DS scene since B9S was released, so looking at the NTRBoothax thread is probably your best bet. As for remedying your current situation with this guide, I don't believe there would be a way to fix this since all apps and games crash the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1