Hacking [Guide] Install a9lh without buying anything in 11.2

Did you get a9lh from 11.2 following this guide?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plailect

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Plailect People are ultimately using my guide.

Hahaha, looks like someone got a bit full of themselves.

I know that a few dozen thousand views must've gone to your head quickly, but to claim that they're "ultimately" just using your slapped together instructions is laughable.

If you're wondering, the reason you got any views whatsoever is because I do not just throw untested beta software into a highly complex set of instructions that has to account for many intracasies. I waited a bit first, and the user's, lacking any tested method, went for their only available option which happened to be your garbage fire of a "guide".

Before getting so cocky about your 63,143 views in 9 days, you should give a little bit of respect to the 1,301,047 that I got in the same time.

hI9BZ2R.jpg

drops mic

(meant to reply to this earlier, but totally forgot about it until now tbh)

Last edited by Plailect,

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I know that a few dozen thousand views must've gone to your head quickly, but to claim that they're "ultimately" just using your slapped together instructions is laughable.

If you're wondering, the reason you got any views whatsoever is because I do not just throw untested beta software into a highly complex set of instructions that has to account for many intracasies. I waited a bit first, and the user's, lacking any tested method, went for their only available option which happened to be your garbage fire of a "guide".

Before getting so cocky about your 63,143 views in 9 days, you should give a little bit of respect to the 1,301,047 that I got in the same time.

hI9BZ2R.jpg

drops mic

Back then, people weren't using your guide for 11.2 because it wasn't udpated yet. So at the time of the post, it was true.

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

potatoes828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hI9BZ2R.jpg

drops mic

Back then, people weren't using your guide for 11.2 because it wasn't udpated yet. So at the time of the post, it was true.

Chill guys. We like both your guides. They have their own pros and cons.
Personally, I like Hyoretsu's guide better but every time someone asks, I tell them to check 3ds.guide first and if they find it difficult, to follow this one.

kingdruid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thelowridergame.com
XP
Country
United States
Mine is all done.

Without SD card it boots to 11.2 with FBI. With SD card it boots to 9.2 with Title Manager.

I did have one question. I wanted to unlink the nand, is that still required to prevent it from upgrading my real sysnand? If I should, then I believe I will lose title manager after I am done, how would I get that back?

rafaeloz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Hyoretsu I made it with your guide last week...I have to update something.?
Luma is off in autoupdate...so I'm a little confused.

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

chirramy0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I just insert another clean, new SD card (with more space) to install .CIA or would I have to follow all of these steps again to get CFW? I used the original one that came with my 2DS during the installation because for some reason 3DS Sound would crash and I couldn't get past that step.

Last edited by chirramy0,

newkai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my friend pressed start on step 10 and now every time he turns his 3DS on, it's a black screen. Is there a way to fix this or is the 3DS completely bricked?

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hI9BZ2R.jpg

drops mic

LOL!!!! I wish I could like this 10000000 times.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
So my friend pressed start on step 10 and now every time he turns his 3DS on, it's a black screen. Is there a way to fix this or is the 3DS completely bricked?
if you've followed the guide you should have a /arm9loaderhax.bin file on the sdcard

To check for a brick; what happens when the sdcard is out?

Last edited by HyperT,

potatoes828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I just insert another clean, new SD card (with more space) to install .CIA or would I have to follow all of these steps again to get CFW? I used the original one that came with my 2DS during the installation because for some reason 3DS Sound would crash and I couldn't get past that step.

Copy all the files from your old sd card to your new SD card. If 64gb, make sure you format it to FAT32

kingdruid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thelowridergame.com
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to unlink the nand, is that still required to prevent it from upgrading my real sysnand? If I should, then I believe I will lose title manager after I am done, how would I get that back?

chirramy0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy all the files from your old sd card to your new SD card. If 64gb, make sure you format it to FAT32

Hey I just inserted the new SD card without copying over the files. I can still install CIAs and it still says sys 11.2.0-35. Was it crucial for me to copy over the files?

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey I just inserted the new SD card without copying over the files. I can still install CIAs and it still says sys 11.2.0-35. Was it crucial for me to copy over the files?
You would have to re-download your games and re-start your saves if you don't copy over.

potatoes828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can you check if you can boot to decrypt9 or hourglass9 with the new SDcard?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why not just use OTPless a9lh? It has a 3% brick rate but saves hours.

A lot of people can't afford to risk that 3%.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hyoretsu I love how you STILL haven't added a disclaimer letting people know if they update a N3DS from 2.1 they will brick. It's only been brought to your attention numerous times, in numerous threads. I really feel like your ignorance of constructive criticism is arrogant. Not to mention the main troubleshooting step to your guide is to use @Plailect guide anyway, but I digress. I'm going to report the thread if you neglect to add this very important disclaimer since it's pretty risky not to tell people when their first recourse on a blackscreen is safemode+update.

EDIT: You also need to mention that formatting a 2DS with 2.1 will result in a softbrick that needs a hardmod. (Or any 3DS CRTNAND transfer files) Since the 2DS lacks a 3D slider, you'll never be able to get through the initial startup.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Why not just use OTPless a9lh? It has a 3% brick rate but saves hours.

So every 33th 3DS bricks, and you'd take that chance to save few hours? Man must be nice rolling in money if few hours are THAT precious to you ..

Even if this hack took a month - a "superomgkillmenowslowhax" with a 0% brick rate, I'd still do that over a 3% brick rate. Others would, too.

I don't see why pressing Start would brick the console. Doesn't Start cause the console to shut off/reboot? Why not try doing rest of the steps? As per the guide you're supposed to delete some files off your SD card and what have you.

Hyoretsu I made it with your guide last week...I have to update something.?
Luma is off in autoupdate...so I'm a little confused.

Why do you ask? I've hacked my 3DS couple months ago and I haven't updated Luma3DS since. There's no reason to, unless you have some issues with it. You can update it if you want to but you also could just not. You should update Luma3DS when/if Nintendo releases 11.3 though.

Last edited by Distrance,

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use this guide will my 3ds be the same as when I started as in hacked but all games and saves everything still the same and functional? Would it be like if you didn't know I done it you never would unless I told you.

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I use this guide will my 3ds be the same as when I started as in hacked but all games and saves everything still the same and functional? Would it be like if you didn't know I done it you never would unless I told you.
If you make a backup in step 9, yes. To best hide it from others, use Kecleon's patch for Luma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y