Hacking [Guide] Install a9lh without buying anything in 11.2

Did you get a9lh from 11.2 following this guide?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might I recommend an edit to the guide and the files provided? Instead of having FBI injected into H&S, why not include the latest FBI.3dsx file, and have the users run that, installing FBI from there to the system?

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Might I recommend an edit to the guide and the files provided? Instead of having FBI injected into H&S, why not include the latest FBI.3dsx file, and have the users run that, installing FBI from there to the system?
I think that the only entrypoint that works after installing Luma is Homebrew Launcher Loader, which needs FBI installed already.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust me, it's not. I know because I actually used it on my last to mods in place of doing the injection. The H&S icon didn't always restore when the app was, and I didn't know about the deletion of FBI before to restore H&S, as mentioned in the guide.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Hahaha, looks like someone got a bit full of themselves.

I know that a few dozen thousand views must've gone to your head quickly, but to claim that they're "ultimately" just using your slapped together instructions is laughable.

If you're wondering, the reason you got any views whatsoever is because I do not just throw untested beta software into a highly complex set of instructions that has to account for many intracasies. I waited a bit first, and the user's, lacking any tested method, went for their only available option which happened to be your garbage fire of a "guide".

Before getting so cocky about your 63,143 views in 9 days, you should give a little bit of respect to the 1,301,047 that I got in the same time.

hI9BZ2R.jpg

drops mic

(meant to reply to this earlier, but totally forgot about it until now tbh)
Personally I've always preffered Plai's guide, because it's noob proof, and funnily enough, I've never EVER come across this guide before. I only really ever see Plai's guide being used, bearing in mind I've researched and googled about CFW for some time (maybe a week) before actually coming round to installing.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think that the only entrypoint that works after installing Luma is Homebrew Launcher Loader, which needs FBI installed already.

Well you can access Soundhax after installing Luma so really, it's not. Some people seem to have trouble with the hs.app injection too though I'm pretty sure it's just because they're incapable of actually comprehending the guide. I guess it comes down to a preference .. Whether you want to do dump/inject method, or access Soundhax, run fasthax again, then run FBI to install FBI and all the other jazz. I really don't understand why this guide tells you to delete FBI (which is H&S) and then perform a system update though .. I mean yeah, you can do that. But you also could not. Injecting hs.app back takes way less time.

@Dimensional the hs app icon is irrelevant and does not affect anything. Once H&S is restored it really doesn't matter if it still appears as FBI cuz when you open it, it's actually Health and Safety. There's a way to fix that too but it's just an aesthetic error .. and I mean who even keeps H&S on their main menu? I've hidden all of that useless Nintendo-app junk away.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you can access Soundhax after installing Luma so really, it's not. Some people seem to have trouble with the hs.app injection too though I'm pretty sure it's just because they're incapable of actually comprehending the guide. I guess it comes down to a preference .. Whether you want to do dump/inject method, or access Soundhax, run fasthax again, then run FBI to install FBI and all the other jazz. I really don't understand why this guide tells you to delete FBI (which is H&S) and then perform a system update though .. I mean yeah, you can do that. But you also could not. Injecting hs.app back takes way less time.

@Dimensional the hs app icon is irrelevant and does not affect anything. Once H&S is restored it really doesn't matter if it still appears as FBI cuz when you open it, it's actually Health and Safety. There's a way to fix that too but it's just an aesthetic error .. and I mean who even keeps H&S on their main menu? I've hidden all of that useless Nintendo-app junk away.
It actually has something to do with things like competitions? If they have people looking at your 3DS to see if there are hax, that FBI icon is a dead giveaway. I doubt many folks would actually go to those with hax installed, but still, there is something to say about aesthetics.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It actually has something to do with things like competitions? If they have people looking at your 3DS to see if there are hax, that FBI icon is a dead giveaway. I doubt many folks would actually go to those with hax installed, but still, there is something to say about aesthetics.

Well I wouldn't be surprised if people who play Pokemon competitively actually have atleast Homebrew installed in order to gen mons. So you're right there, but the icon can be fixed though.. Yes, by deleting the app and updating system but there was also a software to fix it but the name escapes my mind.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then just use something like Cthulhu. It clears the home menu icon cache (among other things) and will reset the icon to the actual installed programs icon. In short, it will fix any icon/program mismatches that may exist.

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use a 2nd (or 1st) emunand :P

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why did 39 people say they weren't able to do this? Now I'm afraid to try it.
The poll asks who did it with this guide. You could've installed it with another guide, or maybe you tried to follow this when the cart fix was unknown, etc.
Just use the official guide https://3ds.guide
It may be the most famous and recommended, but it's not official. For a guide to be official, it would have to be made by AuroraWright, because we're using her tools (Mostly), a9lh fork and CFW or by Nintendo, but that's not gonna happen (Nintendo). Even if she recommended his, it still wouldn't be official, but recommended by the author, like some very select fanfics.

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The poll asks who did it with this guide. You could've installed it with another guide, or maybe you tried to follow this when the cart fix was unknown, etc.

It may be the most famous and recommended, but it's not official. For a guide to be official, it would have to be made by AuroraWright, because we're using her tools (Mostly), a9lh fork and CFW or by Nintendo, but that's not gonna happen (Nintendo). Even if she recommended his, it still wouldn't be official, but recommended by the author, like some very select fanfics.
Sounds like someone is jealous.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe your guide is just as good i didn't use it so i don't know. What's the benefit of using this guide vs plailects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: