Hacking [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)

LOTG

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
KilroyWH said:
Hi everybody...

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the problem I have for the first step...
My wii is softmodded already (3.4) and now I need to delete the IOS249 first...
I have all the files as the description says but I cant find the file for step two... "Extract try this 1st.rar"
And I also can't find the file: "boot.dol" from step 3... (But I think it's in the "try this 1st.rar"-file...)

I also need to know.. My wii is Pal from euope... Do I need to make the files reagon free or not??? Or doesn't it matter???

Can anyone help me?

KilroyWH

Same problem, I don't have the boot.dol, and I don't know where to get it. I have 4.1 and would like to upgrade to 4.2.

afterburnais

Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
hi.my wii still uses the 2.1e system menu and everything i try just freezes on the SD card menu.i dont have access to other discs to update the system menu and don't have internet access on the wii.will i still be able to softmod and upgrade system menu,is there an offline solution?thanks

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not for system menu 2.1e I don't think the only way is internet update or update via disk can you not just rent or borrow a game with a higher firmware update

user0002

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Alright I'm a noob at softmodding but I followed this guide and got through the IOS36 part, and watched the youtube link and since I don't have internet connection for my wii, I got wad files provided in the link provided in the description of that video. Now that I have a patched IOS my Homebrew channel is upside down and I don't think it was a good idea patching. I read from hbc.hackmii.com FAQs this part:

"Huh, my Homebrew Channel is upside down. The hell?
It's also mirrored. Your either replaced the IOS version used by The Homebrew Channel with a "failpack" (see installer section above), or you tried to modify the installation. Don't do that."

Now how do I get back the unpatched original IOS36?? Advice plz...

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
user0002 said:
Alright I'm a noob at softmodding but I followed this guide and got through the IOS36 part, and watched the youtube link and since I don't have internet connection for my wii, I got wad files provided in the link provided in the description of that video. Now that I have a patched IOS my Homebrew channel is upside down and I don't think it was a good idea patching. I read from hbc.hackmii.com FAQs this part:

It's also mirrored. Your either replaced the IOS version used by The Homebrew Channel with a "failpack" (see installer section above), or you tried to modify the installation. Don't do that."

here you go

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/fix-hbc

user0002

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
longtom1 said:
user0002 said:

here you go

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/fix-hbc

I ran into another problem. I followed the next step of the guide 'Installing preloader and new cios" and I was able install the preloader but it doesn't do anything more.
It shows a black screen with this:
Systemmenu
Homebrew Channel
Installed File

Load/Install File
Systemmenu Hacks
Settings

And in the downleft corner reads "IOS v50 Systemmenu v386" and in the down right corner reads "preloader v0.29"

And now the problem is that when I choose systemmenu it says Files are corrupted, go to manual troubleshooting part. And Homebrew channel can't be opened, Choosing 'installed file' says "Error autobooting file, try reinstalling! Couldn't open file". Choosing load/install files says "couldn't find any executable files in the root of the SD Card". Choosing systemmenu Hacks says couldn't find any. Choosing settings shows:

autoboot: disabled
Return to: preloader
Shutdown to: off
Stop disc: off
Show beta updates: off
Light slot on error: off
Ignore standby setting: off
System Menu IOS: 50

Now it seems I bricked my Wii because nothing works anymore. How do I restore the original NAND that I have on my computer????

EDIT:

Now it seems I can install something here, I can get the homebrew channel and i installed bootmii and I have the nand.bin and keys.bin on my sd card

And I'm able to start the bootmii recovery as shown in this youtube video and it says RestoreMii will first run in simulation mode but it says: "RestoreMii, NAND ID ecdc1095 Checking boot2....
BootMii not found, too dangerous to continue! If your SD is corrupt or restore is interrupted, you will be unable to boot to fix it. If you're SURE you want to do this, press A+B+X+Y. Otherwise, press any key to exit"

So is there any guide as how to restore the NAND? Has anyone done this without boot2 found? I'm stuck at this point because it didn't found boot2 and if I continue this and it goes wrong then the wii is probably completely totalled. Also, I don't have a GameCube controller so how do I even press that a+b+x+y with wii? Advice is is greatly appreciated..

EDIT: I forgot to add the youtube link where the recovery process is shown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBZPl-ZtSaU

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@user0002
put the dol of the newest priiloader on the root of your SD and go into load that through preloader and you should be able to boot into HBC i had this happen to my wii aswell

user0002

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
boof222 said:
@user0002
put the dol of the newest priiloader on the root of your SD and go into load that through preloader and you should be able to boot into HBC i had this happen to my wii aswell

The situation is this now:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=198135

Can I still fix it with just put the dol file to the root of SD and doing what you say? I put some screenshot links there too. What should the system menu version be or is it safe for any system menu version?

EDIT: Also, in the guide on the first page of this topic it said that create Preload folder into the apps folder and put the preloader boot.dol in there, and that's what I did. And before trying to install the Preloader and cIOS the version in the HBC said 1.06 IOS36 v12.22 and now it says 1.06 IOS35 v12.16.

jonnythan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the steps for getting Homebrew and BootMii (Wii is 4.2U with D2A drive and Wiikey v1). I made a NAND backup. When I launch NeoGamma R7 from HBC, all I get is a black screen and disconnected Wiimote. What am I missing? Could the Wiikey be interfering?

okman4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i'm currently running cios 249 r7, i've got the #002 fix and everything and even installed the neogamma loader r8 beta 15. it gives me a warning before running the loader that the version is ment to work for a cios r14, and when i run new super mario bros i get a green screen. how do i go about upgrading my wii to fix the green screen?

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
hello a couple of question:today i try to softmod my new friend's wii which have lu72 serial and was at 4.1u, are the dvd drive that come with this the ones that cant play backups?
Also when i try to plug my IDE HD to his wii it didnt recognize at all(i know is fine cuz i try after in mine and was detected), even using Uloader with the IOS 222 Rev4d wasnt recognize ? is that normal? i don wanna my friend ask me for all my retails game. Please some help

waichai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I need some help. I did everything up this part (Installing PreLoader and new cIOS). I did this too Load PreLoader and press 1 when instructed and PreLoader will install (Files Installed). Then I try to load the HBC back but it says error autobooting HBC, maybe title not installed? Then stupid me, i installed the boot.elf file from Preloader menu. Now everytime i turn on my wii, it just go right into Preloader menu NOT Wii Menu (still able go to Wii Menu if i choose Systemmenu). I try to restore the NAND file, but it ask me to press A+B+X+Y since i don't have GC controller. I want it boot up into Wii Menu when i turn on my Wii. Anyway that i can do that?

user0002

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
waichai said:
Hi everyone,

I need some help. I did everything up this part (Installing PreLoader and new cIOS). I did this too Load PreLoader and press 1 when instructed and PreLoader will install (Files Installed). Then I try to load the HBC back but it says error autobooting HBC, maybe title not installed? Then stupid me, i installed the boot.elf file from Preloader menu. Now everytime i turn on my wii, it just go right into Preloader menu NOT Wii Menu (still able go to Wii Menu if i choose Systemmenu). I try to restore the NAND file, but it ask me to press A+B+X+Y since i don't have GC controller. I want it boot up into Wii Menu when i turn on my Wii. Anyway that i can do that?

The same thing happened to me and I was panicking that I bricked the wii.. If you take a look at preloader settings it probably shows "Autoboot: disabled" and "Return to: Preloader". Set both to System Menu and Wii should start normally, but if it doesn't you can go back to preloader screen by holding wii's reset button down when turning power on.

waichai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this section: Backup Launcher

Which step should i choose 2a or 2b, which one is better. Can I install 2a and 2b?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol