Hacking [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)

natisfynest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I used this guide for my hack I got bootmii and homebrew butI skipped to far and didnt install the cios I went straight to the backup launcher. When I went back to install the cios I got an error. I cant remember the error of the top of my head as I had to leave to go to work.

I am just wondering if I need to do anything like remove neogamma and then install the cios or I just did something wrong and thats why I got the error.

Also can I use something besides neogamma(IE usb loader gx,wiiflow ect...)

Thanks in advance for any help
wink.gif

natisfynest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
go back and do the steps you missed and then you'll be able to install a cIOS

But in the bootmii step it says if all you want to do is play back ups to skip to the cios and backup launcher steps. Now I;m not saying your wrong but I just dont wanna get more involved in this than that I dont need my wii to do anything besides play back ups off of my hard drive I bought for it

So do I even need the Cios

wellhole

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for this guide. I have successfully softmodded wiikey'ed 3.2U wii in 3 hours with HBC, bootmii w/ boot2, cios38 r16, neogamma r8 b15, wad manager 1.5. Not so bad for my first time. Anyway, NSMB (with .wip patches) and FFCB are both working now.

With help from other guides I've also successfully softmodded non-chipped 3.4 wii in 4 hours with HBC, bootmii w/ ios, ios36 patch, preloader .30, cios38 r16, neogamma r8 b15, wad manager 1.5, cios 222-mload, cfg usb loader 50c. This was tough! ----- I definitely had to watch the video for the ios36 TBR patch. It also screwed over the HBC (flipped upside down) so I had to reinstall. The usb loader was tough as well because the install guides have lots of info, but don't explain very well how to install and setup the usb drive especially with the new releases that have new features.

mytsmoov

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
sorry if this is a repeat, there are a million post, I went through them but may have missed it. Has anyone seen this vital upgrade from 2.9 to 3.0 on the preloader. Is this something we need to do, it's taking forever! Like 30 minutes now it says "downloading changelog" anyone else see this?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mytsmoov said:
sorry if this is a repeat, there are a million post, I went through them but may have missed it. Has anyone seen this vital upgrade from 2.9 to 3.0 on the preloader. Is this something we need to do, it's taking forever! Like 30 minutes now it says "downloading changelog" anyone else see this?
update function doesn't work in preloader

TRSYouQuit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the guide. I bricked my Wii at somepoint along the way (user error ftw) with no NAND Backup, but eventually usied Dop-IOS MOD to redownload 4.2. Backing up my NAND now
laugh.gif

I think it had something to do with the fact that I didn't remove IOS 249, but what do I know.

Anyway thanks for the guide, it's been awesome.

Halosblack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When downgrading using Truscha I receive an error when it gets to Step 1 to Set the Revision to 0 I get an error Es_AddTitleStart return negative 1035. Downgrade failed maybe you need an updaated down grader cannot set the revision to 0 Does anyone know how to fix this.
I have version 4.2
Thanku in advanced.

giorgosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is there a way to have usb loader run automatically when my Wii boots? Or at least to automatically load to Homebrew channel? all my games are ran from usb drive and i find it a waste of time so many click till i reach usb loader..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.