Hacking [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)

mrdavie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys followed the guide and got as far as the "installing preloader and new cios" stage.

When I load the cIOS38 rev14 it mounts the sd and then I get error! (ret = -1)

Any ideas?

hondacity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can skip the entire 36 downgrade on older Wiis, but on newer models, if you don't patch 36.. you'll brick your Wii with a cIOS. And preloader won't work either.

By the way-- walkeroftheday.. I'm working on adding some steps to upgrade safely to v4.0. Thanks for the advice on making it better.
[/qHi there I am trying to install Cios38rev14 my wii is 3.2 v and I have already installed hbc,backup launcher and usbloader now i want to install neo gamma and cios38rev14 when i am trying to install cios38rev14 through HBC I am using iso36 which was already installed to my wii i am getting reading ios38-64-v3610.wad,please wait then error (ret = -1)

what i am doing wrong? can you please help me.

hondacity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
looks like you don't have the ios38-64-v3610.wad on the root of your sd card you could try network install if you have wifi

how can i do that..please tell me the steps. My wifi is working but you can put the light on the steps that will be great help

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it asks you which IOS to use and then asks you if you want to do a wad or network just press right or left on the d-pad on your wiimote to change and A to install

hondacity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious as I have not installed the bootmii of this guide.. I used this guide to install cios38rev14 and with that i have installed preloader now every time i start my wii I get this preloader screen and when i select system menu i get this message hacks.ini not found on your fat or nand. that's why i want to uninstall or how can i get this hacks.ini?

DigidragonZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you know when i softmodded my wii i didn't use bootmii, NAND, or preloader i think i just used luck!
but it kame good anyway.

XD and ime stil updating things like cIOS and IOS XD

(sorry for my bad english.. go ahead and say that its wrong... ive got Dyslexia ... i just copied that from wiki XD...)

nim.whit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. i "accidentaly" updated to 4.2. i got the cboot2 file. but where do i get the trythis 1st or 2nd rar? all i need is the boot.dol file.

ZonMachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigidragonZX said:
you know when i softmodded my wii i didn't use bootmii, NAND, or preloader i think i just used luck!
but it kame good anyway.

XD and ime stil updating things like cIOS and IOS XD

(sorry for my bad english.. go ahead and say that its wrong... ive got Dyslexia ... i just copied that from wiki XD...)
All those 3 things you listed are for backing up your Wii so in case you failed causing a brick it would be fixable. Go and install bootmii as boot2 nao if you can D: and back up your NAND (takes up 500mb?) - Common Sense is advised in case my advice fails

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
razorback78 said:
HSLimMic said:
Hi fellow forumers,

I have a Korean fully moded to english language Wii with the version of 3.2U. I would like to ask, how do I upgrade it to the 4.1U? I read most of the guides here are softmodding a fresh virgin Wii. If I follow the steps will it crashes? I have a homebrew channel of 1.0.3 IOS55 v18.25.

Thank you in advance

Regards
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/korea
Don't act too soon
The korean guide is for Korean wiis with Korean region
If it is region changed use the normal Trucha guide
wink.gif

(note: do NOT follow the 4.2 one, ONLY the 4.1 and lower one !)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.