Hacking [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry. 'tis the end of the semester and wrapping up with a million* tests/projects and now I've been studying for finals. Getting A's is top priority on my list at the moment..

*Slight exaggeration.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's good!

At least you responded and didn't leave me to ponder
biggrin.gif

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you don't have bootmii installed I would suggest starting from the beginning but if you have bootmii installed and a nand backup just start from the trucha bug restorer step

markkk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have bootmii installed as an ISO but no back-up. Shall I discard my old SD card, insert one loaded with contents available with the guide you directed me to and start by backing up the Nand and continue from there?

markkk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

markkk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
markkk said:
I have bootmii installed as an ISO but no back-up. Shall I discard my old SD card, insert one loaded with contents available with the guide you directed me to and start by backing up the Nand and continue from there?

QUOTE(longtom1 @ Nov 28 2009, 11:24 PM) sounds right

Ok, I did this but when I tried to launch bootmii via the Homebrew channel the screen just went black and the blue LED around the disc drive on the Wii started pulsating. Will I be better off just starting from scratch. My Wii was updated to 4.2 before I knew I was going to mod it. Thanks.

Elect

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
markkk said:
Thanks.

One small concern I have is that I didn't follow this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 to upgrade my Wii to 4.2e. Nintendo kindly did this when I first connected it to the internet.

Part of the Trucha bug restorer section says I need to downgrade IOS15 but this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168489 seems to imply that downgrading ISO's could brick it. Please help.

Thanks

I have the same problem. The tutorial says it's available for all Wii's, but downgrading shouldn't be done on new Wii's?

Can anyone clearify this? Wil of will it not brick my Boot2v4 wii?

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elect said:
markkk said:
Thanks.

One small concern I have is that I didn't follow this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 to upgrade my Wii to 4.2e. Nintendo kindly did this when I first connected it to the internet.

Part of the Trucha bug restorer section says I need to downgrade IOS15 but this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168489 seems to imply that downgrading ISO's could brick it. Please help.

Thanks

I have the same problem. The tutorial says it's available for all Wii's, but downgrading shouldn't be done on new Wii's?

Can anyone clearify this? Wil of will it not brick my Boot2v4 wii?
It does sound kind of contradictory, but IOS15 needs to be downgraded so you can install the trucha bug restorer. The main thing is if you get stuck not to uninstall something your not sure of (system IOS's) haste makes waste (brick) It's good at least you did some reading. That is why it says in the tutorial, All Wii's in big green letters.
XZXERO is well aware of the boot2v4 wii. Follow the directions to a tee.(my bad wrong tut, time to get some sleep).

sillas999

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello folks.

I don't know exactly if I needed to post my problem here or in a new topic, but maybe here is enough. Not long ago I had the 3.4U system (it's not a new system, bought it in the beggining of 2008) and wanted to play backups via backup loaders, although I have a modchip. So I tried to follow this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890
Everything went ok until the NUND backup, I already had HBC installed and updated. Then (I don't quite know if I had to do this) I updated my system to 4.0 and then to 4.1 using waninkoko updater (I tried to install 4.1 first but got an error). So, following the guide, I tried to patch the IOS 36 with the Trucha bug restorer and apparently made it, I followed the video and it went ok (during the video, I realize his IOS 36 version is 1042, mine is 3351), except that my HBC went upside down, I fixed it using DOP-IOS MOD. However, when I tried to install the PreLoader, I got this error: "failed to get root, ios(36) has fakesign bug fixed". I didn't want PreLoader that much, so I left it this way. Then I tried to install the cIOS via wad and download, and I keep getting an error both ways. So I did a research and I'm almost sure I have to install the original IOS 36 (1042) to solve all my problems, so I found it and tried to install with Wad manager 1.5, but I also get an error in this one. Now I'm stuck, I can't install the cIOS and can't change my IOS 36 to a not fixed one. I tried the IOS Downgrader, but ir requires a cIOS, which I can't install.

Now I'm asking your help, because via research I got no more options. Thanks a LOT!

Raikiri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I gave this guide to a friend of mine who wanted to mod her wii but seems she ran into some problems, and since i'm not all knowing about softmodding (have a soft+hardmodded wii myself) i thought you tempers might know a solution to her problem, so i asked her to write down everything she did to most details so we can find the problem the fastest... hope any of you can help
smile.gif

I have a black PAL Wii with version 4.2E on it. ( the 'so-called' limited edition they're selling right now )
(Came in at 4.1 but i system upgrated to 4.2)
I decided to use the guide to softmod a Wii (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890)

I started at the "Getting Homebrew and Bootmii" section.
This all went well, and homebrew was installed.

Then i went to "Installing PreLoader and cIOS38".
This didnt work because IOS36 needed patching.
So I went to that section.

When I run TBR v1.0 and followed the instruction, at the end i got an error.
The program told me I probably needed a newer version of TBR.
I got the latest version TBR v1.1 and put that on the SD card the same way as instructed on the 1.0 version.
This all went well and I got to complete the program.

Then I went to install PreLoader. This went successfully, and I got a menu.
But when I tried to load HBC from there it gave an error:
"Error autobooting HBC. maybe title not installed?"

So I tried Systemmenu. and I got a wierd looking screen, so I had to reset.
Then I got back into the same PreLoader menu, and I went to Installed File.
This brought me back to the Hackmii installer.I choose the "Install Homebrew Channel" option.
Then I exited. And I came back to the HBC.

Since I wasnt done with all the steps I tried to install cIOS38_rev14
When I run this it gave an error and said I needed latest version, so I got version 15.
When I tried to install here (via network) the downloading went well, the adding contents went well,
but the installing of custom IOS gave the following error:
Instal ERROR! (ret = -1035)

I still cant launch the Wii menu, I am able however to come back to HBC.
How to fix this problem?

soo seems she's bricked her wii but thanks to bootmi yay! \o/ she can still get into HBC
thanks in advance!

sillas999

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I solved my problem stated a couple of posts ago, instead of patching the IOS 36, I needed to do it with IOS 249, for it to be created. Thanks.

sillas999

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm kinda newbie here too, but I think you should use waninkoko updater 4.0/4.1 (I used it and couldn't update to 4.1 straight, I had to go 4.0 and then 4.1)

Agent_99X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I am a noob but I really could use some help. Can someone please tell me what I have done wrong.... This is what I followed.

1) unpack the rar file SD
2)now copy this to the root of your sd card
3)put sd card in your wii and goto sd card menu bannerbomb should start automaticly
4)it should ask if you want to load boot.dol or boot.elf just click yes
5)this should bring up the hackmii installer
6)ok now install the homebrew channel
7)next install bootmii(as boot2 if possible)
8)next install bootmii ios
9)now install dvdx
10)when your done exit the installer hbc should now start
IF YOUR WII FREEZES HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON THEN SWITCH BACK ON
11)now put your sd card back in your pc and unpack rar file SD2
12)copy this to the root of the sd card
13)rename boot.elf to boothackmii.elf
14)rename boot_wadmanager.dol to boot.dol
15)ok now put your sd card back in your wii
16)whilst in the homebrew channel click home on the wimote
17)click load bootmii
18)ok now cboot2 should load and after a while you should see wadmanager 1.5
19) press a to continue
20)choose wii sd slot
21)highlight IOS249.wad
22)press a to continue
23)press left arrow on wiimote
24)select uninstall wad
25)press a to uninstall IOS249.wad
26)when your done press home to return to wii system menu
27)ok now put sd card back in your pc
28)rename boot.dol to boot_wadmanager.dol
29)rename cIOS38_rev-14Installer.dol to boot.dol
30)ok now put the sd card back in the wii
31)start hbc again and click home button when your there
32)then click load bootmii 1 more time
33)ok at the next screen choose do not reload ios go all the way to the left to find this
34)then choose disable
35)now choose network install
36)ok cios38rev14 should now be installed
37)ok now click home and go back to hbc
38)ok now select dop-ios and click load
39)press right untill you see IOS53
40)press a to select yes to install sig and hash check
41)ok now select IOS55
42)press a to select yes to install sig and hash check
43)ok now select IOS70
44)press a to select yes ti install and sig hash check
45)ok now we need to install hermes cIOS
46)start hbc again
47)start anytitle deleter
48)ignore the error you get and press 1 if needed
49)go to system titles
50) delete IOS222 and IOS223
51)exit the app now
52)on the hbc select the top application
53)select IOS249 for install
54)install custom IOS222
55)use IOS38(recomended)
56)no restart this application
57)install custom IOS223
58)use IOS38 merged with IOS37
59)ok now its time to install backup and usb launcher
60)ok boot to hbc
61)start wad manager 1.5
62)select IOS249
63)if asked here select disable
64)choose wii sd slot
65)hilight neo gamma r7.wad and install it
66)hilight usb loader and install it
67)when done click home button on wiimote

I get all the way to Step 62 then it never asks me to disable... I choose wii sd slot then when trying to put in Neo Gamma r7 and EVERYTIME I get and error -2011. I went back and put in Wad Manager 1.5 (because it was actually wad manager 1.4 that was in the files) and that lets me in but then freezes the Wii Remote there. I have backed up everything I have done so I'm able to go back. Also, I have tried going back to Wad Manager 1.3 but that won't even load. So basically my question is .... Is there anything I can do to fix this? Or did I not do something that I didn't know should have been in this guide? Please let me know.
I know it doesn't matter but it is a 4.2U. And again. I am a noob so I kinda need step by step. Thanks in advance.

exar khun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried patching my IOS36 as per the guide posted and following the video but whenever i go to STEP "use 15 to patch 36" i get the following error, "net_init failed: -116; error reading IOS into memory".
what am i doing wrong?
i have a 4.0 NTSC wii with wiikey r.1...with hbc and neogamma 7...

i need to install cios30 rev14 as cios249 rev14 so i do need to patch cios36 using truncha bug restorer, right?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HSLimMic said:
Hi fellow forumers,

I have a Korean fully moded to english language Wii with the version of 3.2U. I would like to ask, how do I upgrade it to the 4.1U? I read most of the guides here are softmodding a fresh virgin Wii. If I follow the steps will it crashes? I have a homebrew channel of 1.0.3 IOS55 v18.25.

Thank you in advance

Regards
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/korea

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: