Hacking [Guide] Change emuNAND Region

Louch 雪 Daishiteru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm, I did come across an issue when using Bu2d85's guide on an o3DS, but it worked fine on my n3DS.
I'd say to start on 9.2U, then get all the o3DS update files (4.2-10.3), mix the files together, delete the files stated by Bu2d85.
Then just try using sysUpdater, don't forget to delete the system apps prior to doing that though.
Hmm, looks like a good idea! i'll try it.
EDIT: Nah, it didn't work. T-T

Last edited by Louch 雪 Daishiteru,

Gil_PL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone help me!:cry:

I changed my emunand JPN to USA (new3ds non-xl), I did steps following this tutorial
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-region-change-japanese-n3ds-not-xl-ll-emunand.411006. but I create folder in
homemenu and try to rename it, just give me a black screen error before appearing keyboard.

before changing emunand region did work without any issue.

my new3ds = sysnand 9.1 JPN (downgraded) - emunand 9.2 USA

Note: I did test installing 9.2 USA cia pack without applying secureinfo_A. emunand initializing without issues, and keyboard worked fine to rename folders. but my region emunand continues JPN with duplicate system apps.

I tested cleaning duplicate apps using FBI following @cearp tool comparelist.py and tested without deleting anything. in both cases still continue with the same issue.

(sorry for my bad english :sad:)

Louch 雪 Daishiteru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What results did you get?
I get always the same result. The emuNAND works just fine, but when i close an applet it freezes trying to load the Home menu. Also, none of my DSi Ware titles work, but this doesn't bother me much.
I already deleted every app that has an 'unique id' from the USA NAND, but it didn't work either. I asked myself if the applet isn't trying to load the old Home Menu, but even leaving the old USA Home Menu installed, i had the same result.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get always the same result. The emuNAND works just fine, but when i close an applet it freezes trying to load the Home menu. Also, none of my DSi Ware titles work, but this doesn't bother me much.
I already deleted every app that has an 'unique id' from the USA NAND, but it didn't work either. I asked myself if the applet isn't trying to load the old Home Menu, but even leaving the old USA Home Menu installed, i had the same result.
Did you try formatting, then updating after you changed your emuNAND?

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I changed my emunand JPN to USA (new3ds non-xl), I did steps following this tutorial
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-region-change-japanese-n3ds-not-xl-ll-emunand.411006. but I create folder in
homemenu and try to rename it, just give me a black screen error before appearing keyboard.

Note: I did test installing 9.2 USA cia pack without applying secureinfo_A. emunand initializing without issues, and keyboard worked fine to rename folders. but my region emunand continues JPN with duplicate system apps.

I tested cleaning duplicate apps using FBI following @cearp tool comparelist.py and tested without deleting anything. in both cases still continue with the same issue.

I have the same issue. I already deleted all titles ending in J, formated sysnand and reinstalled mset, jumped back into emunand wih gateway and updated to USA 10.5 emunand, still continue to have the same issue. :(

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried updating, yes. I didn't tried formatting because i think that the old saves would not work in a emunand with a different id in the 'Nintendo 3DS' folder.
But worth trying, i think.
Yeah, it's recommended to format your emuNAND when changing the region for it immediately.

Louch 雪 Daishiteru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I formatted my emuNAND before changing the region (while on 9.2U), then formatted my emuNAND when I changed the region. After I formatted, I updated it to 10.5J, and everything seemed to work.
Thats a problem, i can't format the console with an id from a different region, it gives me an error, meaning that i would need a brand new japanese NNID or no NNID at all.
I'll try that, if it works, i'll consider this option.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And yes, do you know any options to backup my saves and then inject them back in the new emunand?

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats a problem, i can't format the console with an id from a different region, it gives me an error, meaning that i would need a brand new japanese NNID or no NNID at all.
I'll try that, if it works, i'll consider this option.
What do you mean? There isn't really a point in having a NNID on the Japanese emuNAND as you won't be able to access the eShop anyways. The only things you can use the NNID for is pretty much Miiverse. Anyways, this is why you would want to format prior to changing the region as well, it unlinks your NNID from your American emuNAND.

And yes, do you know any options to backup my saves and then inject them back in the new emunand?
I know it's possible, but I personally don't know how.

Louch 雪 Daishiteru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What do you mean? There isn't really a point in having a NNID on the Japanese emuNAND as you won't be able to access the eShop anyways. The only things you can use the NNID for is pretty much Miiverse. Anyways, this is why you would want to format prior to changing the region as well, it unlinks your NNID from your American emuNAND.

I know it's possible, but I personally don't know how.
Well, i could be wrong, but i think that the friend list and the online content in games depends on the account (like on smash bros).

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i could be wrong, but i think that the friend list and the online content in games depends on the account (like on smash bros).
The friends list doesn't require a NNID, as for Smash Bros, I'm not too sure. Although you can easily make another one. I made a Japanese NNID, isn't that difficult.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Try to give this a try:

Excuse me for bumping this thread again, but finally figured out the 'crash' problem.
Realizing it is caused by keyboard (not the problem of Streetpass Mii Plaza), I studied the 3dbrew title list.
Found some ?? under 0004009B - System Data Archives, and knowing there are 4 keyboard languages in USA console (1 in JPN console), I downloaded the v0 titles from NUS and installed as CIA:
0004009B00011402
0004009B00011602
0004009B00011D02
0004009B00011E02
Volia! My Streetpass Mii Plaza is working again! Also the folder rename, etc...

P.S. Somehow the 'firmware CIA pack' I downloaded did not contain these titles. Hmmm...

--edit--
I just installed this one 0004009B00011402 and it worked fine, I am able to rename folders just fine now.

--edit---

By the way, does anyone know the list of cias matching the system apps? USA region... somehow I no longer have miimaker and miiplaza and stuff like that

---Edit---

Nvm I worked around it.

Last edited by Pecrow,
Reactions: Gil_PL

Gil_PL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have changed my emunand region from 9.1J to 9.1U and then updated to 10.4U. Everything works fine except eshop of course but that a SecureInfo_A issue.

@Nazosan and I were working on this a week or so ago. You can't just install 9.1U over 9.1J. Too many things are missing and your emunand will be incomplete causing most of the errors you see(keyboard and things). Here's what you need to do.

1. Get all of the updates for the system region you want to switch to starting from the lowest you can find (4.2) to whatever your emunand is now (9.2). If you are using a N3DS get the O3DS updates up to 8.1 and then get the N3DS updates from 9.0 and up.

2. Merge all of the update cia's into a single folder overwriting older versions with newer versions (add 4.2 cia's to the folder then 4.5 cia's then 5.0 etc..) when you are done there should be around 170 files.

3. Delete all cia's starting with 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130, 00040138, and 00048005. These will prevent the emunand from loading.

4. Place all of these cia's in a folder named updates on the root of your sd card.

5. Use FBI to uninstall the main system titles from your emunand (system settings, mii maker, miiverse, camera, etc...). If you region change before deleting the system titles it will cause your emunand to freeze randomly and block you from entering the system settings app.

6. Use sysupdater in emunand to install all of the cia's in your update folder. When this is done your system will reset.

7. Use decrypt9 or rxtools to inject the SecureInfo_A for your new region into emunand. My system was weird in that I had a SecureInfo_B instead of A so rxtools would not work but decrypt9 did.

8. Congrats!! You have a region changed system. Now format it and update however you like. I updated with a cart to 9.4U first and then updated through system settings to 10.4U.

The eshop will not work unless you had a SecureInfo_A from a system that never connected to the internet.

OMG! this worked well. you are my hero!! :bow:
Thanks so much for the help!:yay3ds:

Louch 雪 Daishiteru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now the emuNAND works fine, i can't say that for the DSi Ware titles though, since i don't have my eShop account i can't test it. The problem now is that the NNID settings crashes in the loading screen, giving me the "an error has occurred forcing the software to close" screen. :C

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now the emuNAND works fine, i can't say that for the DSi Ware titles though, since i don't have my eShop account i can't test it. The problem now is that the NNID settings crashes in the loading screen, giving me the "an error has occurred forcing the software to close" screen. :C
Hmm, try creating a new NNID through the Miiverse app. (Also, the eShop won't work anyways, unless you have a SecureInfo_a file from a 3DS that has never connected to the internet, or if you try pulling off some trickery with a certain guide on this site.)

Also, quick update. You can't change the region for a 2DS, that seems to be the issue I have. It worked fine on my n3DS, but not my 2DS.

Louch 雪 Daishiteru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm, try creating a new NNID through the Miiverse app. (Also, the eShop won't work anyways, unless you have a SecureInfo_a file from a 3DS that has never connected to the internet, or if you try pulling off some trickery with a certain guide on this site.)

Also, quick update. You can't change the region for a 2DS, that seems to be the issue I have. It worked fine on my n3DS, but not my 2DS.
The Miiverse app tells me to create a new account in the settings. T.T
I think i'll have to try to reinstall the NNID Settings Cia with sysUpdater...
EDIT: I tried to go from 9.2U to 9.2J, then formatting and updating, thankfully it worked fine!

Last edited by Louch 雪 Daishiteru,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch