Hacking [Guide] Change emuNAND Region

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
hello people! i just changed my Japanese Emunand on a 10.5 New 3DS to a US Emunand and i had a question regarding installing Pokemon Omega Ruby. everytime i install it via FBI it still comes up in Japanese while ingame. the icon for the game itself is in english. any way to have it fully english ingame too? thanks in advance for the help!
The game itself is set to that, independent of region. I read that you have to delete your save if you accidentally selected Japanese as your main language.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, still no dice. It'll stay on a black screen when trying to boot into my emuNAND. It worked fine on my n3DS though, and people claim it also works on the o3DS, so I assume it's a 2DS issue.
No, the person that swapped with their 2DS.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So does anyone else here have problems booting smash or monster hunter on different regions emunand or is it just me?

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good news everyone, I did a system format on my emunand 10.5 through the system setting and reinstalled super smash, and now it works. eshop is still broken, i givtes me a 007-2001 error.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Getting eshop by following those steps looks brutal. It took me a long ass time to get usa emunand on a jap 3ds, I rather not have eshop than risk messing it up and redoing it again lol.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting eshop by following those steps looks brutal. It took me a long ass time to get usa emunand on a jap 3ds, I rather not have eshop than risk messing it up and redoing it again lol.
You wouldn't have to start all over if you backup your USA emuNAND, and leaving one copy untouched. If you do fail to get the US eShop working and mess something up, you can restore your US emuNAND backup, and be back to where you are now, a working US emuNAND with no eShop access.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, i'll take it in consideration and try it out. I'll make a .img backup of my whole sd card. Also has anyone here got the eshop successfully working? Any youtube tutorials?

Ketchup901

Trophies
XP
Country
I have changed my emunand region from 9.1J to 9.1U and then updated to 10.4U. Everything works fine except eshop of course but that a SecureInfo_A issue.

@Nazosan and I were working on this a week or so ago. You can't just install 9.1U over 9.1J. Too many things are missing and your emunand will be incomplete causing most of the errors you see(keyboard and things). Here's what you need to do.

1. Get all of the updates for the system region you want to switch to starting from the lowest you can find (4.2) to whatever your emunand is now (9.2). If you are using a N3DS get the O3DS updates up to 8.1 and then get the N3DS updates from 9.0 and up.

2. Merge all of the update cia's into a single folder overwriting older versions with newer versions (add 4.2 cia's to the folder then 4.5 cia's then 5.0 etc..) when you are done there should be around 170 files.

3. Delete all cia's starting with 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130, 00040138, and 00048005. These will prevent the emunand from loading.

4. Place all of these cia's in a folder named updates on the root of your sd card.

5. Use FBI to uninstall the main system titles from your emunand (system settings, mii maker, miiverse, camera, etc...). If you region change before deleting the system titles it will cause your emunand to freeze randomly and block you from entering the system settings app.

6. Use sysupdater in emunand to install all of the cia's in your update folder. When this is done your system will reset.

7. Use decrypt9 or rxtools to inject the SecureInfo_A for your new region into emunand. My system was weird in that I had a SecureInfo_B instead of A so rxtools would not work but decrypt9 did.

8. Congrats!! You have a region changed system. Now format it and update however you like. I updated with a cart to 9.4U first and then updated through system settings to 10.4U.

The eshop will not work unless you had a SecureInfo_A from a system that never connected to the internet.
You're not supposed to delete home menu, right?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not supposed to delete home menu, right?
No, compare the system titles from the region you are on and the region you are going to on 3dbrew.org. If the unique id is notthe same delete it. There should only be 8 or so things you have to delete.

TomJinWoo95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi everyone. Yesterday I successfully changed my 9.1.0J new3DS's emunand to 10.5.0U according to the guide.

However a lot of titles are missing like the USA version of Nintendo 3DS Sound. I know this will happen because some programs have not been updated for a long time. So when I change region directly from 9.X this will happen. Luckily I looked up for some information according to these two websites:

http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php
https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list

They really helped a lot. I installed most of the missing system CIAs and deleted the unneeded ones using devmenu and FBI.

However there's still one last problem when I am trying to change names of the folders I created for Home menu. It went to a black screen that told me to turn of the console. Same things happen when I was trying to type the words I want to say in Streetpass Mii Plaza.

At first I thought there was something with my software keyboard. But I found nothing but titles correctly being installed using fbi (both US version safe mode and regular keyboard). Also, when I type a name of a mii, website address, name of the user, there's nothing wrong.

So I am wondering whether some titles are still missing, but I looked up for those two websites for a long time but no answers found. Can anyone help or just a hint would be OK.

Update: I have a new discovery that the system crashes when using a keyboard that uses dictionary prediction. Now I have to find out.

Thanks~

Last edited by TomJinWoo95,

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
When going from jpn to usa there's like 18 files missing from the iso site that you need to find.

One of them is the us keyboard and it's why your folders are crashing

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
My emunand Internet settings don't work.
Before I changed regions, they worked fine. I didn't use this guide, someone on Reddit said I could just install the update pack over my US NAND (I converted to JP)
Half of my NAND apps are gone and the ONLY thing that Internet works on is Connection Settings. eShop, and Internet Browser don't work. I've injected a JP SecureInfo_A.

Ketchup901

Trophies
XP
Country
No, compare the system titles from the region you are on and the region you are going to on 3dbrew.org. If the unique id is notthe same delete it. There should only be 8 or so things you have to delete.
I deleted everything that didn't match, except home menu and Health & Safety (because I had injected FBI into that), took a few tries but it worked in the end :D

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. Yesterday I successfully changed my 9.1.0J new3DS's emunand to 10.5.0U according to the guide.

However a lot of titles are missing like the USA version of Nintendo 3DS Sound. I know this will happen because some programs have not been updated for a long time. So when I change region directly from 9.X this will happen. Luckily I looked up for some information according to these two websites:

http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php
https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list

They really helped a lot. I installed most of the missing system CIAs and deleted the unneeded ones using devmenu and FBI.

However there's still one last problem when I am trying to change names of the folders I created for Home menu. It went to a black screen that told me to turn of the console. Same things happen when I was trying to type the words I want to say in Streetpass Mii Plaza.

At first I thought there was something with my software keyboard. But I found nothing but titles correctly being installed using fbi (both US version safe mode and regular keyboard). Also, when I type a name of a mii, website address, name of the user, there's nothing wrong.

So I am wondering whether some titles are still missing, but I looked up for those two websites for a long time but no answers found. Can anyone help or just a hint would be OK.

Update: I have a new discovery that the system crashes when using a keyboard that uses dictionary prediction. Now I have to find out.

Thanks~

You didn't merge the old updates with the new. Any title that has not been updated after 9.2 will not show up if you do not install the old updates. Follow the instructions below to solve this and your keyboard issue. I am not a fan of the guide in the op, too many people are having the same issue with the keyboard.

1. Get all of the updates for the system region you want to switch to starting from the lowest you can find (4.2) to whatever your emunand is now (9.2). If you are using a N3DS get the O3DS updates up to 8.1 and then get the N3DS updates from 9.0 and up.

2. Merge all of the update cia's into a single folder overwriting older versions with newer versions (add 4.2 cia's to the folder then 4.5 cia's then 5.0 etc..) when you are done there should be around 170 files.

3. Delete all cia's starting with 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130, 00040138, and 00048005. These will prevent the emunand from loading.

4. Place all of these cia's in a folder named updates on the root of your sd card.

5. Use FBI to uninstall the main system titles from your emunand (system settings, mii maker, miiverse, camera, etc...). If you region change before deleting the system titles it will cause your emunand to freeze randomly and block you from entering the system settings app. (Compare the system titles of the region you are on with the region you are going to on 3dbrew.org. Delete system title with unique id's that do not match.)

6. Use sysupdater in emunand to install all of the cia's in your update folder. When this is done your system will reset.

7. Use decrypt9 or rxtools to inject the SecureInfo_A for your new region into emunand. My system was weird in that I had a SecureInfo_B instead of A so rxtools would not work but decrypt9 did.

8. Congrats!! You have a region changed system. Now format it and update however you like. I updated with a cart to 9.4U first and then updated through system settings to 10.4U.

The eshop will not work unless you had a SecureInfo_A from a system that never connected to the internet.

TomJinWoo95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You didn't merge the old updates with the new. Any title that has not been updated after 9.2 will not show up if you do not install the old updates. Follow the instructions below to solve this and your keyboard issue. I am not a fan of the guide in the op, too many people are having the same issue with the keyboard.

5. Use FBI to uninstall the main system titles from your emunand (system settings, mii maker, miiverse, camera, etc...). If you region change before deleting the system titles it will cause your emunand to freeze randomly and block you from entering the system settings app. (Compare the system titles of the region you are on with the region you are going to on 3dbrew.org. Delete system title with unique id's that do not match.)

Oh, thanks for helping. I will try this new method to see if this works. I think this will be a great help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night