Hacking [Guide] Change emuNAND Region

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I've successfully did region change before, with no issues, but I've got a question in mind:

Let's say if I were to change the Letter in the Secure info, the U or J or E to K,
would it change my connection to Korean?

Or is there more encrypted data in the remainder of the secureinfo that is used to validate the connection?

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Downgrade them from that iso site (and it's 9.2.0-20,not 22)
do you mean download maybe.. however, i looked around but i found only usa firm cia.

edit: found everything. thanks ;)

edit2: managed to change region, but 3d is flickering.

edit3: solved, just close the lid and open it and the 3d turn normal.

Last edited by omegart,

veggietales4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i'm having a bit of a problem.

i'm on the step where i'm about to make "emuNAND.fat16.out"
i double click 2.xor-emunand-fat16.bat to make it, it doesn't generate anything
what should i do?

when i click xor-emunand-fat16.bat it actually says "error opening input file 2"

Last edited by veggietales4ever,

Skelanimal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i'm having a bit of a problem.

i'm on the step where i'm about to make "emuNAND.fat16.out"
i double click 2.xor-emunand-fat16.bat to make it, it doesn't generate anything
what should i do?

when i click xor-emunand-fat16.bat it actually says "error opening input file 2"

I had the same issue and I couldn't figure out how to stop that as a result. Here is what I did to get around that (sorry if this is worded poorly. it is very late and I was literally about to turn in for bed, but saw a notification on my dash) :

Instead of step 3 of this region change guide, follow this process here, then proceed to step 4 as you would normally.

1. Run smealum's cubic ninja exploit so that you may get to the homebrew menu. You will have to run this version of decrypt ( https://gbatemp.net/attachments/bootstrap-arm9-kernel-decrypt9-3dsx-zip.17646/ ). Upon running this, select NAND pandgen (may not be the exact spelling. can't remember at this hour.) This will take a decent amount of time, so go read a book, take a bath, or write a letter to someone. Afterwards, you will have a file titled fat16.xorpad in your micro sd card. drag this sucker to your desktop, because we will be using this in a wee bit.

2. download the secureinfo_a tool made by this beautiful person in this beautiful thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-nand-secureinfo-tool-for-region-change.383792/ this will be used for later.

3. use the emunand tool provided in this thread to extract your emunand now. upon extracting, keep that nand.bin somewhere handy. we now have all our ingredients to get your emunand working again.

4. open the secureinfo_a tool that you downloaded in step 2. click 'inject secureinfo_a.'
-First: select the nand.bin that you obtained in step 3.
-Second: select the fat16.xorpad you extracted in step 1.
-Third: select the Secureinfo_a that you will be using. Once this is done, you may close down the secureinfo_a tool.

5. almost done, so hang in there. using the emunand tool, click the 'inject nand to emunand' option. select the nand.bin that you used in step 4.

aaand with that, you SHOULD be done with this part of the process. if it all worked out, you can successfully move on to the next step in the region change guide! (that would be step 4)

In case i wasn't clear enough or i missed a step (i am very tired after all), just write back in here or send me a message. good luck :yay:

Reactions: kiwiis

veggietales4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, thanks for all the help.

i just went from there and put the SD card back in and it worked!!
thank you very much

after it all worked, i formatted the emunand after starting it in 9.5.0-23U.

my only problem is now i can't delete the duplicate programs, or rename folders.

do i have to delete the duplicate programs in order for anything to work?
almost everything gives me "an error has occurred forcing the software to close"
or black screen error and tells me to power off

I know you have to use FBI, but when i use FBI, none of the system titles show up.

Skelanimal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, thanks for all the help.

i just went from there and put the SD card back in and it worked!!
thank you very much

after it all worked, i formatted the emunand after starting it in 9.5.0-23U.

my only problem is now i can't delete the duplicate programs, or rename folders.

do i have to delete the duplicate programs in order for anything to work?
almost everything gives me "an error has occurred forcing the software to close"
or black screen error and tells me to power off

I know you have to use FBI, but when i use FBI, none of the system titles show up.

Yeah, the same happened to me when I followed this guide, so I had to do things a different way. I can write up a guide here on what to do, buuut, I hate to tell you this, you will need to start from the beginning again if you would like to do it the way I did it. I can, however, guarantee that everything will function correctly, (yes, amiibo, renaming folders, and applications as well c: ) except for the eshop and system transfer(for obvious reasons.) I can also guarantee it will be as simple as the guide here, things just need to be done differently.

Edit: Actually, I am going to create and post a video guide later today, if you can wait that long. I will probably get it posted some time in the early evening (6pm-7pm EST)

Last edited by Skelanimal,
Reactions: ColdCoffee

veggietales4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the same happened to me when I followed this guide, so I had to do things a different way. I can write up a guide here on what to do, buuut, I hate to tell you this, you will need to start from the beginning again if you would like to do it the way I did it. I can, however, guarantee that everything will function correctly, (yes, amiibo, renaming folders, and applications as well c: ) except for the eshop and system transfer(for obvious reasons.) I can also guarantee it will be as simple as the guide here, things just need to be done differently.

Edit: Actually, I am going to create and post a video guide later today, if you can wait that long. I will probably get it posted some time in the early evening (6pm-7pm EST)

no worries, I can definitely wait for the video. thank you, you're a huge help!

Skelanimal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no worries, I can definitely wait for the video. thank you, you're a huge help!

Hey. The good news is: I finished recording and everything worked out and is easy to follow.

The bad news is: I had to run out before I could piece the video together. Working on a project for comic con coming up later this week. I should have it uploaded in 3 hours or so.

Skelanimal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no worries! life happens. thank you again

FINALLY. I apologize again. I am the absolute worst with time, if you have not caught on to that yet. The video is finally finished and is currently being uploaded to youtube. It looks like it is going to take about 30 minutes to an hour to upload. Depends on how fast it converts. I will link you as soon as it hits youtube. :yay:

Last edited by Skelanimal,

veggietales4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hated doing this. way too time consuming =_____=

here is the link!

the video is still processing, i think... but it you will be able to view it from the link above once it is done!

sorry ! will definitely check it out soon.
again thank you haha!

edit: finally got to it, it went very smoothly. the way i was doing it was way different haha.
thanks for the video, and get some rest!!

Reactions: Skelanimal

Skelanimal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry ! will definitely check it out soon.
again thank you haha!

edit: finally got to it, it went very smoothly. the way i was doing it was way different haha.
thanks for the video, and get some rest!!

Hahaha way ahead of you on the rest part. Really glad it worked out for you. Enjoy, dude!

ScareCrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have sucessfully change my 3ds emunand . But now i have problem with updating system . I don't know why the message : an error has occured ... which doesn't happen to my last japanese emunand . Someone helps please . Thanks

Kingofknights

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i have a question: The guide said that i need a cubic ninja to change region for n3ds. Can i just use the cia version of the game? Sr im still new

vhaines

Trophies
XP
Country
how about accessing my sysnand thru rxtools and formatting it, does left over titles files will be gone? any easy method on getting of the duplicate files thanks

Skelanimal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link to the region change toolkit is unavailable. Can anyone share or reup please. Thanks

hey, the video i posted a little further up has a download link with everything you would need, but i use a different method, so not all the files for the method in this thread are present. i recommend giving the video a look. it's a little long, but i've gotten only positive feedback on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ