[Release] 3DS NAND SecureInfo Tool (For region change)

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Riku, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Riku
    OP

Riku GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2009
    United States
    Here's simple program I made for easy 'SecureInfo_A' extraction/injection I want to share. With it you don't need to worry about cutting/XORing whole FAT16 partition every time, just select untouched encrypted 'NAND.BIN' along with corresponding 'nand.fat16.xorpad' and in few seconds job is done.

SecureInfo used for system region changing (JP/US/EU etc). Basically, you install few system CIA files for your target region (3DNUS/UpdateCDN), extract and inject new SecureInfo_A to emuNAND from target region donor, write emuNAND back and 'Format System Memory' in System Settings.

Region Changing Steps:
    1) Downgrade to 4.x FW and prepare 4.x emuNAND with DevMenu/BigBlueMenu

2) Download and install following system CIAs using 3DNUS for desired region:
    4.5.0-10J
    4.5.0-10E
    4.5.0-10U
    3) Extract your emuNAND from SD card, inject into emuNAND target region 'SecureInfo_A' from donor system, insert emuNAND back to SD

4) Load emuNAND and perform 'Format System Memory/本体の初期化' in System Settings

Attached Files:

2. ChrisX930

ChrisX930 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Wait... Can I switch to a JPN-Firmware, download a japanese eShop Game, dump it and switch back to my EUR-Firmware?
    (Yes, I have a Nand-Mod)

And if this really works...
    How to do it exactly?
    Can I do this without any Flashcard (only CFW for example)?
    I've a Nand-Dump of 4.5 (OFW and CFW) and one 9.5 Nand-Dump and a european 3DS.

3. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    Great job, thanks so much!

All that's left is for me to figure out how to do the other steps

4. ChrisX930

ChrisX930 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    OKay, downloaded all System-Cias (JPN) from 2.0.0 up to 9.0.0
    I've dumped my NAND.bin (4.5), created the xorpad file and extracted the SecurityInfo_A and replaced the "02" with "00" in 0x100 to switch from EUR to JPN.
    I've not reinsterted the SecurityInfo yet.

How can I switch the region without a Flashcard? Can I install the .cia's with Palantine CFW?

Need a small explaination pls.

5. Riku
    OP

Riku GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2009
    United States
    Yes, you can use 4.5 CFW for installing system CIAs. You still need target region SecureInfo_A file though (from Japanese system in your case).

6. ChrisX930

ChrisX930 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    So it will work if I do this?
    - Download System Cias with UpdateCDN (done)
    - Dump NAND.bin + xorpad / extracting SecurityInfo_A / replaced "02" with "00" in 0x100 to change EUR to JPN (done)
    - Install Sys-cias with CFW
    - Dump modded NAND.bin from RedNAND (CFW)
    - insert SecurityInfo_A
    - Format System Memory
    - Update to latest Firmware with Nintendo Update?

Will this work?
    Can I install all System Cias (JPN) or which of them do I need exactly?

7. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    nice tool riku, i thought it was a 3ds tool to inject and dump the file (the one i made is very unstable lol and only works on 4.5 -- that way you don't need to dump or flash your nand at all), but it just makes it a bit easier to get the file out of the nand from your computer, still nice to have i guess :)

finish the rune factory 4 undub and i will give you a japanese secureinfo_a file that will let you change to jpn region (offer not valid for anyone else)
    lol

Riku - you might like this i hope - http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...is-safe-to-delete-after-region-change.383796/ :) i did it ages ago but figured now would be a good time to share, i kept forgetting

boyjkp, r5xscn, DjoeN and 1 other person like this.
  8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Afaik none of the public cfw/gateway methods have the signature checks on the secureinfo file disabled, so to do this you would need a actual donor secureinfo file from a actual Japanese system....not just editing your own secureinfo file

9. ChrisX930
    This message by ChrisX930 has been removed from public view by Cyan, Mar 15, 2015, Reason: Do not ask illegal file sharing.
    Mar 14, 2015
  10. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i told you how to get one, finish the rf4 undub guide
    and yes, i had a whole thread about region changing like 2 months ago, it works

11. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah you need a secure info from another system unless you have your own private cfw with signature checks disabled....but then it wont work with sysnand.

12. ChrisX930
    This message by ChrisX930 has been removed from public view by Cyan, Mar 15, 2015, Reason: Do not ask illegal file sharing.
    Mar 14, 2015
  13. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    I remember reading around that there was a method without having to have a donor console for the SecureInfo_A?

Or did I read wrong?
    I am interested in doing this, just need to get my head round how to do it.

14. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    i doubt you will find anyone really willing to just hand out their unique console serial etc, which could be abused and posted publicly and promptly banned from ever accessing any online features again.....buuuuutt on the other hand if you have a EU secureinfo_A file you dont plan to use any more i did see someone looking to swap a SecureInfo_A JPN for a SecureInfo_A EU/US in one of the threads....couldn't tell you which one but in sure some searching would help, you would probably be better off looking for a dumped cia of whatever it is you need from the JPN eshop

15. Shadowtrance

Shadowtrance GBAtemp Addict

May 9, 2014
    Hervey Bay, Queensland
    There is... but as it has been said, stuff has to be patched for it to work.

As mentioned here "the RSA sig-check for this to be patched out(specifically, VerifyRsaSha256: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Process_Services_PXI)."

CrispyYoshi likes this.
  16. ChrisX930

ChrisX930 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Germany

I don't want to swap the Region forever.
    I only want to use the JPN-Firmware temporary to buy some eShop-Games from the JPN eShop

Arkansaw likes this.
  17. Plasma Shadow

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    Ah right, thank you.
    Now I don't have a JPN Secure_InfoA, but I can get a US one ill never use haha, maybe someone could swap?:P

18. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah unless someone is really trusting i doubt there will be any takers :P
    in which case if you never intend to use the US one hunt down the guy who needed a US/EU one in exchange for a JPN one and both of you will be happy

19. Plasma Shadow

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    Was he on this forum? ;-;

20. ChrisX930

ChrisX930 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    So there's no way to change the region without exchange the SecureInfo_A with a jpn-console to use the JPN-eShoP?-.-

21. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah i forget what thread though....just try searching stuff like "trade secureinfo_A"...shouldn't be too hard to find it was only a few days ago

22. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i did give someone my eur secureinfo_z, but in return in got the 4 missing regions i did not have... :) so now i have a complete set ;)
    eventually someone will patch out the check and release publicly in their cfw or whatever so we won't be relying on other people's files anyway, just be patient
    it has been possible even since we could decrypt nand, there is no sudden rush to do it now :)

gamesquest1 likes this.