OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right,

It seems again I was too stoned to write a guide that's meant for people who are not stoned.

I'm gonna re-mod my own Wii and will re-create the whole guide on this sunday.

First post will be added with following for now as I don't have time to update the guide till sunday

-Warning to switch page 8 and 9
-Wad Manager 1.5 link
-NeoGamma autoboot link

Amarok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
nknave said:
Hmmmm, It just came to mind, but has anyone tried the following?

Instead of using cBoot2 with different boot.dol files like 3 times, just use it once with WAD Manager.

How, well after uninstalling IOS249 Stub, either install cIOS36-rev7.wad or LU64Fix.wad (both install as IOS249) for your hardware type, and than, just reboot Wii, and use HBC to install the rest.

Simple?

I'm gonna try to see what this comes out to.

That doesn't give you a very compatible cIOS for Neogamma, which means you'll have lower game compatibility with it.

markolo25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys so do i still have hope ok here hack mii wont let me install it because something about the ios. i cant fix this because i dont have homebrew channel so what do i do

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
nknave said:
ust reboot Wii, and use HBC to install the rest.

Simple?

I'm gonna try to see what this comes out to.

QUOTE(Amarok @ Oct 3 2009, 01:49 AM) That doesn't give you a very compatible cIOS for Neogamma, which means you'll have lower game compatibility with it.

That's why I mention to install the rest, and by that I mean use the current IOS249 (not so compatible) to install the latest cIOS38 Rev14.

My recomendation is to minimize the times we have to run cBoot2 with different boot.dol in place (removing SD Card for new files everytime).

The rest we can install.
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Here's another find to compliment this Guide.

You don't need to install the HAXX to JODI.wad and the boot.dol (that loads this HBC)

All you do is unpack HAXX to JODI.wad, use 00000001.app, rename to HBC.dol and install with preloader and that's it.

Cheers.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Amarok said:
Right,

It seems again I was too stoned to write a guide that's meant for people who are not stoned.

I'm gonna re-mod my own Wii and will re-create the whole guide on this sunday.

First post will be added with following for now as I don't have time to update the guide till sunday

-Warning to switch page 8 and 9
-Wad Manager 1.5 link
-NeoGamma autoboot link
for now people should just follow my guide, it basically allows you to get back all you cIOS's and trucha back in your system.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, here's the simple Guide I came up with and maybe can be implemented some guide:
(I didn't make a new thread cause there is so many guides out there!!, this is more like a recomendation.

I won't be so specific but here's how it works.

>Load BannerBomb v2>HackMiiInstaller 0.5>Install all (BootMii as IOS, keeping in mind this Wii now had a Boot2v4).

>Switch SD Card with cBoot2 that loads Patched WadManager 1.4, using LU64Fix.wad (on any Wii, even if it's not a LU64 Serial Number) Uninstall first, and Than Install.

After this You'll have a Wii with a Glitchy IOS249 that is cIOS, HBC, BootMii as IOS and what not.

Using HBC, install cIOS38 Rev14 and select IOS249 as your Installer WAD.

TADA!!!
From here, you just simply load what ever apps you need and/or install stuff like: use TBR to install IOS36 patched, Preloader, WAD Channels, BackupLoader, etc., cIOSCorp if you Wish.

I can also confirm that cIOSCorp works on SM 4.2 in the following way:

Preloader>will automaticly choose IOS60 as SM, install cIOSCorp 3.4 and your done.

Happy Modding.

djthrill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. So i am on a virgin 4.2 . I have boot mii installed as an ios. I have HBC installed as well as dvdx. I fallowed the guide to the t but when I load cboot2 it says ios installed, then i get an ERROR "Boot.dol could not be loaded from front sd card reader. Rev()=1" Any ideas cause im stumped???? I am using wad manager 1.4 but have tried 1.5 as well with no luck

johanbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello amarokz,

Great work you've done but is there any way to print out the manual cause iam running my ass off trying to get everithing done

Respect

Johanbobo

Enumo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, Nice guide!
Im a guy from holland who has hacked a few Wii's all via de guides on this site.
Respect!!!! (Y)

Anyway back to the issue.
I was trying to softmod a 3.2 wii but it failed, it could not load a cIOS...
I didn't knew that v 4.2 was released yet so i updated the wii... it then became 4.2.. BUMMER!
After update HBC was still available but all things i tried it would hang...

So i followed your guide to the letter.. but i get errors..
Youve updated this guide with a few things but how do i start all over again?
So ho do i undo your modding.. so that it is a virging 4.2 and try again?

Any help would be great!

Thnx!

Enumo

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
ok, regarding the iso249 stub, i have followed the guide but when i select to unistall the iso249 in wad manager 1.4 i get a error messages, 4100, 106 & 106 for each of the stages. Does this mean i got have ISO249 installed?

Also in the guide it says to push the home button in the HBC and select load bootmii, mine doesnt have bootmii in the home button menu, i have to turn the wii off and then on again so it loads up wad manager why is this?

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Maisto said:
try:

delete IOS249
install cIOS249
run DOP-IOS
install wathever with Wad Manager

Hang on the step before DOP-IOS in the guide is to remove ISO249 not install it?? This guide seems to have many mistakes and some info completely missing, for instance, the Hermes ISO part, under what ISO version are you surpossed to remove ISO222 & 223????

mikeh91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please help me i have been trying for hours to get this 2 work 4 me...first wen i send an email 2 the address to get cboot2 it replied by sending me dead links...wat am i to do?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mikeh91 said:
can someone please help me i have been trying for hours to get this 2 work 4 me...first wen i send an email 2 the address to get cboot2 it replied by sending me dead links...wat am i to do?
folloow my guide.

shepe

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice guide worked 100% for me with a wii updated to 4.2 through official nintendo update, the only one thing that didnt work was getting hold of cboot2 by emailing that address I just didnt get a reply so I used wiigators one from this site other than that it worked fine
gbasp.gif

Simo75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
After upgrade to 4.2E..i having IOS202 (for USB 2.0 support on MPlayer CE) have been able to trucha-bug IOS70 (thanks to Dop-IOS MOD v6.0), install cIOS 249 rev14 installer by Waninkoko over 249 stub.
Long-life to IOS202!!!
biggrin.gif

karl10247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me if im being stupid here but my little bro updated his modded wii to 4.2 despite my warnings and now none of his NTSC games will work on his PAL wii. I've read the guide posted here but that only looks like its for virgin wii's on the 4.2 firmware. Is there any work around to re-enable his wii to play out of region games?

aneurysm1

Trophies
XP
Country
I followed this guide and everything went smooth and fine. BUT I can't play any games - neogamma says "dvd read error (1027)". Maybe my wii can't play backups? (i've read this somewhere else)

I bought it 2 days ago, fw 4.1J (originally), then my wife came, configured the internet and updated to 4.2J. Now i have the HBC+bootmii, can launch homebrew (emulators work fine) but playing backups is a no-no. any ideas on how to fix this?

taekwon

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all i am new to this forum but i really need your expert help please.
i updated my wii using Waninkoko's Firmware 4.2 updater i updated hbc first and the dvdx all went ok after update still have hbc but here is my problem after i updated i can play my bought games but cannot play the backups i made of them as my loaders do not boot up anymore (gamma loader,neo gamma and so on), could someone please help me to get them or at least one of them working again or tell me if i have missed something also my system menu still say's i am on 3.4 has this anything to do with it, i hope someone can help me with this please... also can i install cIOSCORP_v3.4 and would this help..thanks

usererror

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed Amarok's guide and had everything working fine. I already had HBC installed from a year ago using the TP hack, and I updated it (HBC) before I updated to 4.2U the other day, so I didn't need to mess with the bannerbomb or hackmii install sections. I stopped at the hermes cIOS page (as in I didn't install that part) as I didn't think it was necessary.

So everything worked great. But then I shut down the wii to move it to the other room as I didn't need to go back and forth to the computer anymore to mess with my SD card. And then when I accessed the usb loader app from HBC, I got an error about no cios being found anymore. Does 4.2 automatically replace cIOS each time you start the wii? How can I workaround this so I won't have to reapply all of the mods each time I want to access the usb loader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...