Hacking GUI USB Loader

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
@all I got an idea to how solve your guys 6 IDs / 3 IDs delemma. How about we make it check for 6 IDs if none found check for 3 IDs and if none found load the standard!

This way you can have 1 Boxart for each game and if you want a custom Guitar Hero or whatever boxart you can just give it a 6 ID name which is also displayed under the Cover
wink.gif

I would make it for BOTH covers and disc images!

What do you think of this idea?
OK done in the new SVN its being checked first for 6 ID images if none found checking for 3 ID images and if none found take the standard. Hopefully now are all happy. And dont worry this doesnt make the programm slower (at least you wont even notice it, maybe with a computer who stops time lol)

I made this for both discimages and covers.

pretender13

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@dimok - sounds great
smile.gif

any chance of getting a .dol of it for those who can't compile there own ?
TIA
smile.gif

@JussiPik - not sure if i like the grey, but im sure others will like it.

Golup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thank you guys for all that you've done! That's brilliant!

But I really don't understand why you changed the name of the covers into 3-digit IDs.
I think that will cause the loader being unable to show the covers from different regions. For some games it would be fine, but sometimes the cover for the same game of different regions can be totally different.
For example, the game "Broken Sword"
This is the cover of the European version
RSJP41.png

Here's the one for the US market
RSJE41.png

I think it's easy to see the difference.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone post the link for the svn? I searched google code and up to 15 pages backwards and only found "svn updated" posts.

Golup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
dimok said:
@Golup I changed it to 6 ID check if none found 3 ID check if none found standard (nocover or nodiscimage image). Its in the newest rev.

That would be great!

BTW, is the GUI loader based on 1.4 or 1.5?
And I also wonder if you guys are going to add the function of saving ocarina, video, language and VIDTV settings on the SD card?
I don't know what you people think of it, but that's really convenient for me.

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It should be better if the color of "Install a game?" and "Return to Wii Menu" could be changed.

EDIT : fixed in r77? Has anyone a link for compiled r82? Thanks
smile.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dimok said:
Sure, here you go. Is anyone else having trouble with the scrollbar? If so i am going to try to change it to the snes9x version.
Yes, the scrollbar needs some work. It would be awesome if you could make it like the latest Snes9xGX 4.0.1.

Any chance for incorporating the titles.txt and saving of the settings?

Golup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
dimok said:
Sure, here you go. Is anyone else having trouble with the scrollbar? If so i am going to try to change it to the snes9x version.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?eyixjfhdjnv
I've tried the loader and found some little things that I think need to be improved.

I can use the Cross button and the A button to open the launch screen of the selected game, but cannot quit the screen unless using the wiimote to point at the "Cancel" button. I think adding the function of pressing B button to quit the launch screen is necessary.

The other one is about the composition. The "Power" button on the right bottom of the screen is too close to the "Wii" button. I think you may should keep them apart just as the "+" button and "setting" button do.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golup said:
dimok said:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?eyixjfhdjnv
I've tried the loader and found some little things that I think need to be improved.

I can use the Cross button and the A button to open the launch screen of the selected game, but cannot quit the screen unless using the wiimote to point at the "Cancel" button. I think adding the function of pressing B button to quit the launch screen is necessary.

The other one is about the composition. The "Power" button on the right bottom of the screen is too close to the "Wii" button. I think you may should keep them apart just as the "+" button and "setting" button do.

This can be done easyly. I'll try keep that in mind for the next time i look into the code. Today i dont have any time to code since i have to prepare a presentation for college for tommorow.

cyrex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Golup said:

Yep, you are right... they aren't aligned correctly... but don't worry because we ... or basically nIxxx and dimok
tongue.gif
will align them correctly. It just takes some time because the functionality and the graphics improve at the same time
smile.gif
... after all ... it will be fixed
smile.gif

Golup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I've just found another problem when I open the loader without plug in the HDD.
While the loader is waiting for the HDD, there is nothing i can except plug in the HDD or wait for 30s.

So What I suggest is adding a cancel or exit button on the waiting screen.
Adding a 30s countdown will also make the interface better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo