Hacking GUI USB Loader

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Really nice.

But IMHO it takes to long for a gamecover to show up, compared to any other loader I tested.

Scrolling through the list you never get to see a cover, and choosing a game + starting it is faster then the cover shows up.

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've been following this project and I must say, this is my favorite GUI yet, and I really appreciate the time and effort put into this. I just wanna say that I will help out in anyway I can (images, music, no coding yet as I'm still learning) and I also have a few suggestions. How about you make the style/colors optional? Maybe set up a "Themes" option in the settings menu and contain iterations on it from different members? I like the black and blue one for instance, but others like the Wii colors, why not make it an option? Oh, and is there any way to maybe make it play the games disc loader animation instead of box covers, I think this would be much better as you wouldn't need to keep all those dang images on your SD card that eats up 2 VC games worth of space easy.

Adriench

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone!
Since dimok is not going to code anymore today, I'm wondering if someone could share a r83 dol for testing, that would be awesome!
I really s*cks a C++
wacko.gif

Thanks!

(Sorry for my shitty english...)

cyrex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Golup said:
I've just found another problem when I open the loader without plug in the HDD.
While the loader is waiting for the HDD, there is nothing i can except plug in the HDD or wait for 30s.
So What I suggest is adding a cancel or exit button on the waiting screen.
Adding a 30s countdown will also make the interface better.
Good idea... thanks for it

SpaceJump said:
I noticed that all versions here don't have a title like "USB Loader". It's a small detail but missing imo
wink.gif

But you know that you load an usbisoloader when you start it
tongue.gif
. Title will appear in the credits for sure. But i tried my design to be as wii-like as it could be. So when you when you start the wii it doesn't like "hey you are on the main menu now
tongue.gif
". Maybe i'll find a nice place for a title later
smile.gif
. I'll keep that in mind.

PNo4 said:
But IMHO it takes to long for a gamecover to show up, compared to any other loader I tested.
Scrolling through the list you never get to see a cover, and choosing a game + starting it is faster then the cover shows up.
Noticed that too... maybe dimok and nIxxx can do something about it.

QUOTE(Chaos Punk @ Apr 19 2009, 01:36 PM) How about you make the style/colors optional? Maybe set up a "Themes" option in the settings menu and contain iterations on it from different members? I like the black and blue one for instance, but others like the Wii colors, why not make it an option?
Nice idea but i think it's way more easy to compile it with your favorite graphics than set up a menu for themes. Also it would make the dol file so big because you would have to compile all graphics into it. Maybe there is another way i don't know about
smile.gif

QUOTE(Chaos Punk @ Apr 19 2009, 01:36 PM)
Oh, and is there any way to maybe make it play the games disc loader animation instead of box covers, I think this would be much better as you wouldn't need to keep all those dang images on your SD card that eats up 2 VC games worth of space easy.
Possible to use the animation but hard to code.

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
This really is the best looking USB loader... and has a natural "Wii look" And is working quite well so far. Thanks to all those who are making this possible.
yaypsp.gif

emjayes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
A kid safe mode would be nice.

-Remove install/remove game functionality
-Save settings for Imports so you don't have to remember to force PAL/NTSC before launching a game.
-Maybe a parental PIN for anything but launching a game.

B

Bladeforce

Actually in response to emjayes post what about a parental pin for "mature" games? I really dont want my 5 year old booting up manhunt or overkill
wink.gif

Kikoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to have the first post, Edited everytime there is a new version out? Its a bitch literaly to browse from Page to Page just to be able to "Try" and get the latest version. Unless there is a site which keeps up with the updates and i dont know about it lol

zeromission80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladeforce said:
Actually in response to emjayes post what about a parental pin for "mature" games? I really dont want my 5 year old booting up manhunt or overkill
wink.gif

I really don't think teaching him piracy is good either...just saying
lecture.gif

zeromission80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladeforce said:
wink.gif

I really don't think teaching him piracy is good either...just saying
lecture.gif

emjayes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Saving your priced originals from the hands of little devils is not piracy.

Downloading the isos from the net if you don't have the original is. This is not what we are discussing here is it?

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Im loving this loader. Looks and works great.

The only problem i have is that excite truck wont load, just goes to a black screen (pal).

I know this was a problem with the ultimate usbloader but this got fixed somehow.
Dont know if this fix could be implemented into this loader.

The other very slight thing is that when the loader is ran from a forwarder wad it takes longer to load then through the Hbc
Thanks.

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France

nindim

Trophies
XP
Country
dimok said:
Sure, here you go. Is anyone else having trouble with the scrollbar? If so i am going to try to change it to the snes9x version.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?eyixjfhdjnv

I'm having trouble with the scroll bar, it's weird how it moves when i hover over the titles with the cursor. Also, when I grab it to pull it, I can't traverse the entire list and it seems offset from the pointer.

cyrex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, updating the first post would be good for all added features and know bugs on a todo list. But since trottolo started the topic we would have to make a new thread where we would keep you up to date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill