Hacking GUI USB Loader

forbore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nIxx said:
Nope for now mine can only read the Hardrive and show the games in the a List but i´m working on the rest and i´m making progress (was really much work to get this compiledthe right way
frown.gif
).
I can´t really say how far mousex is.

I like this idea from alfatreze
wiiusbloader.jpg

and should be easy to make with libwiigui.
I mean have you guys seen the new Snes9x 4.0
smile.gif
So far, thats the nicest GUI. Hope someone will make it. It should be really easy to do as the longest part is done(graphics).

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes "should" be
wink.gif

At least libwiigui makes it easier i tried today many many different ways to make a GUI like this with many libraries out there (GRRLIB, Only with PNGU and some others) but this would be to complicated.
So libwiigui is the best for something like this

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you're getting there
smile.gif

Just love you pros!

Your doing the real job. But I'll keep you the noobs away
biggrin.gif

Very very great progress.
thanks for working on it.

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
forbore said:
nIxx said:
Nope for now mine can only read the Hardrive and show the games in the a List but i´m working on the rest and i´m making progress (was really much work to get this compiledthe right way
frown.gif
).
I can´t really say how far mousex is.

I like this idea from alfatreze
wiiusbloader.jpg

and should be easy to make with libwiigui.
I mean have you guys seen the new Snes9x 4.0
smile.gif
So far, thats the nicest GUI. Hope someone will make it. It should be really easy to do as the longest part is done(graphics).

Very nice too! Why not having a Background image for each game? Here we have a SMG Background "atmosphere" ^^

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A background image for each game so reminds me of PS3. Hey maybe we can even have music for each game. That will really remind me of PS3.

smile.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
mousex said:
If he wants coverflow he should make it. Period.
Waninkoko's loader is open-source, so there is no problem with it.
I want my point and click menu and so I make it and I don't care if others like it or not
smile.gif

Nevertheless here is an update on my lame point and click menu (by the way, I'm coding it alone and not with the other guys from this thread
tongue.gif
).

Nothing selected:

Cursor over a game (MP3 in this case):

Game menu:

EDIT: The text under the cursor reads "Back"
tongue.gif

Hey, nice how far you've come...haven't heard something from you for a while
wink.gif
. Anyways, Looks nice and clean...and like always massive progress (Back-Button..FINALY
tongue.gif
). Keep it going!!!
grog.gif

QUOTE(nIxx @ Apr 10 2009, 01:40 AM) Do you got my PM mousex

Edit: Okay here is what i´ve done so far
That's also nice...and very close to Kenneys Idea...he had also one with Buttons and no Thumbnails...there's progress, and I'm happy about it...I'll say in one week we should have a stable GUI, maybe also one that looks like Kenneys one (still my favourite), if all continues to work so hard and fast...Thanks at all again
smile.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what i don't understand is why non of the gui coders are working together.

create a concept, like the one kenney had and delegate modules to each coder. i think that could/would speed up the dev process and quality.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Screemer said:

create a concept, like the one kenney had and delegate modules to each coder. i think that could/would speed up the dev process and quality.
My words...A google-Code Page would also help, I think...right now, they're more working against then together...please, do something there
smile.gif

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Davedom said:
Expanding on previous suggestions:

For the cover art would it be possible to have nested if statements where it tries to load from the SD card then if its not their from a web source(or just download the image)?
Would be possible but I guess initialising the Wifi connection would slow down the loaders start time, didn't test it yet but as I see from other apps the time to get a connection is fairly long.

purechaos996 said:
do we have one that works yet? sorry i dont have time right now to read every post, But what i have read looks good guys keep it up
My current source lists/starts/delets games, reads coverart and formats empty hard drives. Installing/dumping games doesn't work yet.

Screemer said:

QUOTE(Blue-K @ Apr 10 2009, 12:19 PM)
My words...A google-Code Page would also help, I think...right now, they're more working against then together...please, do something there
smile.gif
I'll try to have a chat with nIxx, he's using libwiigui also, the others try to make a own gui from scratch but I won't go away from libwiigui
tongue.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sounds good. if you and nixx and maybe others who are interested would work together on a libwiigui based interface could lead to something pretty good. i think libwiigui is very powerful. looking at snes9x gx 4.0.0 shows what could be done with it. looking forward to it.

dgtor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone tried this loader? ---> Uloader v1.0B by HERMES

uLoader is a work based on the YAL Kwiirk and usbloader of Waninkoko who has tried to support the work of both customs IOS (cIOS222 and cIOS249) to launch backups from USB storage devices and a graphical style channels Wii.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-596jAJ9ug

Features:

- Display screen 16 games, displaying an icon that can be inserted into the disk itself, using that review wbfs_win.exe attachment (see below "Notes on wbfs_win).

- It has a screen favorite games (16 games) programmable

- Allows you to select the services to use between 222 and CIOs CIOs 249.

- Texts in English and Spanish (auto)

- Ready for use from a GH3 guitar controller

Link: http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/wii/uloader_v1.0B.rar

Note:If this is not the right place delete all

Davedom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to get the source for this???
The gui is a nice start but with all the stuff i've seen on this forum it could be much improved

Also anbody actually try it to see how well it works?

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
sdbinwiiexe said:
It would probably work best if they just inplemented the homebrew browser's gui, but instead of looking for folders in the apps folder, it would just look for files in a wbfs partition. Also, the person could post a certain sized picture (box art) as is done by the icon.png implementatin by the HBB and HBC. Also, having a folder system set up could make organization easier, like organization for the HBC vs random dol files on the root.

Here's an example of what I mean:
Code:
USBDRIVE --,
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |--Partition 1 (FAT)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |--Partition 2 (WBFS)----,
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ|----Game 1--,
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |--Game.iso
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |--BoxArt.png
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ|----Game 2--,
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ|----Game 3--,

It would load the WBFS partition, and display the BoxArt.png file and, when the boxart's clicked, it would load the iso. Also, a xml info file wouldn't be a bad idea other, or it could just display the name of the iso as the name of the game. Example, for Donkey_Kong.iso it would display:

Great idea! But I think this will be hard to make such a thing...
What is awesome in this idea is that we would be able to make the loader as a WAD without having to use a forwarder or something and we could implement an ini file for each game in which the loader could write the playtime, title of the game (though it can be loaded straight from isos), region of the game (also could be read from the isos)...
We would also need a new WBFSGUI for the PC which would allow for transfering ini and png file with the iso.

As for the graphics, here is what I can do:
background.png

PM me if you think I can help in making a nice GUI!

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
dgtor said:
Has anyone tried this loader? ---> Uloader v1.0B by HERMES

uLoader is a work based on the YAL Kwiirk and usbloader of Waninkoko who has tried to support the work of both customs IOS (cIOS222 and cIOS249) to launch backups from USB storage devices and a graphical style channels Wii.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-596jAJ9ug

Features:

- Display screen 16 games, displaying an icon that can be inserted into the disk itself, using that review wbfs_win.exe attachment (see below "Notes on wbfs_win).

- It has a screen favorite games (16 games) programmable

- Allows you to select the services to use between 222 and CIOs CIOs 249.

- Texts in English and Spanish (auto)

- Ready for use from a GH3 guitar controller

Link: http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/wii/uloader_v1.0B.rar

Note:If this is not the right place delete all

Non offense, but i think this uloader is the Wrong way to have a real GUI-Loader with Itunes Touch
unsure.gif
because we are copying the Wii menu so no need (just create link channels on Wii menu...)!

I mean we need something very FLOWING like Itunes (Images with Magnet effect on a Black cristral baground) would give more pleasure to use
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    +2
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The big leap in all things tech is when carbon based chips start hitting.
    Longer battery life cooler temps and faster! What's not to like lol (probably expensive as hell)
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [checks my dildo(s) batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol not even for sale yet to public, and already sold out. I'd like to get one but ill wait for the hype to calm down.
    +1
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    I'm pretty sure I wasn't on GBAtemp at all yesterday, whenever I tried to go onto the website I got an unexpected database error
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all teamed together and decided you needed a day off, so we blocked you.
    +1
    No one expects the database errors!!!
    +1
    Hey a thought occurred to me... If they are unexpected database errors, are there expected database errors?
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hey a thought occurred to me... If they are unexpected database errors, are there expected... +1