Hacking GUI USB Loader

bluebird12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vetta, u sure. I got the sorg version and now all my pal games work. I dont have to use WiiPower's force NTSC.

If it doesn't work for u guys, once the source is released, i can patch it so it forces-NTSC like WiiPower's.

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Well, nice done
smile.gif
. It's a little sad that there are so many GUI-Projects, all spreaded everywhere, but hey...contribution isn't bad, right
tongue.gif
? I would prefer that all merge together...bu yeah, don't looks like this is going to happen...The best method and hardest method would to work on the WBFS-System, so that we would also be possible to save the Images there...more Speed, faster loading of Images...but not realy necessary, I think. Oh, and maybe you can ask niXX, where he downloads the cover for his Windows-Application...a small change, and you would be able to download the Images via the Wii...no searching required...that would also be awesome
smile.gif
. HBB and other Apps (Code downloader) may be a good idea giver..
wink.gif

EDIT: Damm, WiiShizzza offered you his Graphics
blink.gif
...now all the other GUIs will look bad, in comparison with that one
tongue.gif
. Let the race begin, again
tongue.gif

I 100% agree with you. There are too many WBFS GUIs and too many USBLoader versions floating around for me to try them all.

When I tried nIxx's gui yesterday it looked like it was downloading every game image from nintendo and I would have to manually find the game image by looking for the picture. It did throw an error when I loaded the app, so maybe it wasn't functioning correctly - not sure. I think the problem is that someone has to come up with a list that matches the internal diskId with nintendo's image ids for it to work properly. Or maybe someone figured it out already.

fabi280

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiShizzza said:
if I get the GUI source, I'll add it to the sorg version of the USB Loader.
So we benefit of display more then 6 titles.

It isnt that hard to do that
sorg's version are just some tweaks.
If i am modding my Windows (like showing the Version on Desktop (uuhhh very hard to do)) its not the Fabi280 version. Its still a Windows
(hint: menu.c; line 18; original waninkoko 1.1)
Code:
#define ENTRIES_PER_PAGEÂÂÂÂ6

Console size can be done here (usb-loader.c; line 13-16; original waninkoko 1.1)
CODE#define CONSOLE_XCOORDÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ260
#define CONSOLE_YCOORDÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ115
#define CONSOLE_WIDTHÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ340
#define CONSOLE_HEIGHTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ218

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usptactical said:
[I started playing around with that menu gui code, but I decided I wanted something quick-and-dirty instead of coding every night for the next couple weeks.
biggrin.gif

If you are talking about the libwiigui, I started yesterday evening with this code and now it reads/boots and deletes games (Screenshots Blue-K showed), after maybe an hour yesterday and an hour today. libwiigui is very easy to use (if you know how to install libraries, not like the gui how submitted the first bug report on GoogleCode
biggrin.gif
)
Blue-K said:
now all the other GUIs will look bad, in comparison with that one
tongue.gif
. Let the race begin, again
tongue.gif
I'm out of the race
tongue.gif
I'm just coding what I want to use
wink.gif

QUOTE(fabi280 @ Apr 7 2009, 10:02 PM)
It isnt that hard to do that
sorg's version are just some tweaks.
If i am modding my Windows (like showing the Version on Desktop (uuhhh very hard to do)) its not the Fabi280 version. Its still a Windows
Totally agree. If I change "USB-Loader v1.1" in the menu.c to "mouseX-Loader v1.8" it's not the mouseX version
biggrin.gif

alfatreze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I really like where this is going, I've been wanting one ever since I saw USB loader.

Just a quick 5mn hack in illustrator to visualize a couple of ideas that popped into my mind.

wiiusbloader.jpg

I'd mainly like to see some easy ways to categorize/filter items, I have a favorites button (wich will naturally only show favs)
A methos could be used type search using an osd keyboard and auto-filtering relevant entries, very good method for large libs

Another interesting idea is to hide elements when not needed, illustrated here with the tags that would only show when focusing the cover, you could then tag as a fav or go into options, the cover would flip around showing you more data on the game and more action to acomplish
A similar method can be applied to lists to show relevant options to focused items only, makes the ui cleaner as you don't need buttons showing all the time, and will always keep them close tho the pointer or even selecting with dir keys.

An idea taken from xmbc would be to use walpapers specific to the game when selected.

Some interesting ideas would be:
- Game wall - Big wallpaper mosaic composed with all the game covers, youg could grag and pan it around to search for stuff.
- Dynamic/elastic scrolling - you can press b and drag the list, and the farther you drag the faster it scrolls
- Particle cursor - mostly cosmetic, but would be a cool touch as you could play around with it and the trails, could have easter eggs when drawing specific shapes with the wiimote
smile.gif

- Game categories - I have a mixed feeling about these, but well implemented is always nice, either download them and auto apply, or let the user create and categorize everything.
- CD drag to load - a gimmick but well executed is nice, you could drag the cd from the game (only shows when focusing, remember!), where it would show a little behind the cover, and a wii slot would appear where you would drop it to load
tongue.gif

Well that's about it for a quick round of ideas.

Is there a team propoerly setup, I really only skimmed trough the entries.

If you would like my collaboration with developing the app's UI or graphics let me know (the above one is no indication of my skills mind it
tongue.gif
), altough I'd probably be more productive developing ui mechanics systems and navigation concepts, as it's what I do best.

I'll keep doing some doodles and pushing some ideas forth and post them back here.

Can't wait to see this one starting to shape up.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah except that ocarina version does not play PAL games on a NTSC console but hey...other than that....PLEASE if you do this do not neglect to create FORCED regions this is so much more important than ocarina is...

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
yeah except that ocarina version does not play PAL games on a NTSC console but hey...other than that....PLEASE if you do this do not neglect to create FORCED regions this is so much more important than ocarina is...

no u

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I am currently at:
346vxox_th.jpg

Fully working expect Installing and formatting. Coverart can be loaded but is not in the screenshots due to a few bugs.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking like progress is good! A SMALL suggestion maybe remove the v1.1 so when v1.2,1.3,1.4 come out if this GUI can be kept it can just function of a .dol forwarder and not need that title edited every time a new version hit. Don't even know if this will be able to use a .dol forwarder, but its a a thought hah.

realbrucest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mousex said:
Fully working expect Installing and formatting. Coverart can be loaded but is not in the screenshots due to a few bugs.
So... does libwiigui allow pictures (covers) for the buttons? That could be great
grog.gif

Your GUI looks really cool. Thanks. Great work you're doing.

Looking forward to get my hands on it.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrickyTony said:
Looking like progress is good! A SMALL suggestion maybe remove the v1.1 so when v1.2,1.3,1.4 come out if this GUI can be kept it can just function of a .dol forwarder and not need that title edited every time a new version hit. Don't even know if this will be able to use a .dol forwarder, but its a a thought hah.
It doesn't load the USB Loader, so I have to chnage everything in this App if Waninkoko changes anything in the original. I can't just replace some files. It wont work as a forwarder but with an forwarder channel it should.

realbrucest said:
QUOTE(mousex @ Apr 9 2009, 08:43 PM) Fully working expect Installing and formatting. Coverart can be loaded but is not in the screenshots due to a few bugs.
So... does libwiigui allow pictures (covers) for the buttons? That could be great
grog.gif

Your GUI looks really cool. Thanks. Great work you're doing.

Looking forward to get my hands on it.

Covers are possible
wink.gif

Doesn't look good, wrong proprotions and so on. I didn' know where I should put them so I just replaced the Buttons with Covers for a quick test.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...