Not open for further replies.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I am helping spayrosam now with this. To prevent yet another flame war and dozens of deleted posts I suggest that this thread should be closed and re-opened once everything is sorted out. Also the download links should be temporarily removed. This of course is time consuming, so don't expect a 100% legal release today.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Now that's a start, Spayrosam, i thought you might of learned a little from what happened with ModMii when it was first released and the hectic carry on XFlak had to get it to comply and make people happy, now that your making a change to SMA lets hope all goes well and above board and good luck with SMA

P.S

No need posting source for IOS, I've check it and it seems fine

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
What are you afraid of? (Modmii dead) (I do not need an extra link or Donate, I wrote SMA for each user not for Donate or http://www.linkbucks.com/)
I didn't write ModMii for donations or linkbucks. I think I've been very respectful and helpful towards you so far, please extend me the same courtesy. Implying that I wrote ModMii for my own personal gain is BS and offensive.

I was just trying to help you. I've had GPL problems in the past and know that generally people aren't very kind when pointing out violations. I was doing you a favour by telling you what needs to be fixed in a very nice way. If I didn't do it, someone else would have and they wouldn't have been nearly as nice about it and they might not have even bothered to explain everything that needs fixing. Not only should this have been obvious, but it's already happened, as evidenced by tueidj's post above.
My mistake: I've hosted MMM and Hackmii installer , I'll fix that, No problem!
I explained all the GPL violations I found at a cursory glance in my last post and I won't repeat them, you can re-read my post if necessary; needless to say that hosting the hackmii installer and mmm on google code are not the only things that need to be fixed. Myself and many others have had to make changes to our apps in order to comply with GPL, and the rules don't only apply to us, they apply to everyone, yourself included.
See source code "Name file =Main script.au3"
Did I miss something? Have you openly shared the source?
@XFlak Relax.
@pepxl Beat it!
I'm perfectly relaxed. It's you should be worried, I have no vested interest in your app or what happens to it. If you choose to ignore the GPL violations, you'll learn the hard way what I was trying to teach you using the easy way. I have no intentions of reporting your google code page or any of your posts or anything, I'll leave that for other people to do. But I assure you, you aren't capable of raising my blood pressure or "scaring" me.

Btw, I think you owe pepxl an apology. That's not the right way to treat someone who's work you've incorporated into your own app.

Reactions: 1 person

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Hey man. I see that you includes the GPL license with your app. Does that mean that it is in fact open source? If so, where can I find the source besides ripping it out of the executable? Thank you

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Before you close the thread I should probably confess that due to spayrosam's initial lackadaisical response I ignored my own offer of a 24 hour grace period and have already reported the "tdown" project for terms of use violation.
(I also reported the "autojaquetteswii" project since it also seemed to be in violation.)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Keeping it closed source does not equal GPL compliance

Even if you stop using google code, if you want to continue to use GPL cmd line tools like wadmii.exe, nusd.exe, etc., your app needs to also comply with GPL, which means making the source available. And getting it from pepxl doesn't count, especially since he's had to extract the source manually.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Before you close the thread I should probably confess that due to spayrosam's initial lackadaisical response I ignored my own offer of a 24 hour grace period and have already reported the "tdown" project for terms of use violation.
(I also reported the "autojaquetteswii" project since it also seemed to be in violation.)

i wondered why the pages disappeared so quickly, thought Sprayrosam took them down

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Keeping it closed source does not equal GPL compliance

Even if you stop using google code, if you want to continue to use GPL cmd line tools like wadmii.exe, nusd.exe, etc., your app needs to also comply with GPL, which means making the source available. And getting it from pepxl doesn't count, especially since he's had to extract the source manually.
Doesn't he basically get around that by having his app download them and not bundled with it? Or is it currently bundled and I missed it.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
its bundled with the app, extracted to a temp folder

sma2.png

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If [member=spayrosam] is OK with it, I'll close the thread as WiiBricker requested 'till the APP is entirely legal.
I spoke with him via PM about this. There is no point in having this thread open since he removed the download links and is willing to work this out with me.
(Of course tueidj couldn't resist and reported the SVN before I could collect all tools.)

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o