GTA V Protagonists Revealed

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cover for the most recent Game Informer, centering around the next entry in the GTA series, has just been unveiled. It showcases the games new protagonists.

No, the "s" was not a mistake.

The three characters--an unhygienic sort of middle-aged white guy, a determined looking young black guy, and the presumed East Coast gangster trying to mend his ways--have all been featured in trailers, screenshots, or promotional art for the game before, but this is the first time they've been confirmed as the stars.

Game Informer promises to reveal the "groundbreaking way players will use" these characters, who appear to be on their way back from a heist with bags full of cash.
arrow.gif
GamesRadar

The cover in question:
779062412e31735f5989fd5172a64a08ac60c5ca.jpg__610x736_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

We're pretty short on info about the game; we don't even know their names. In the meantime, though, let's just call them Larry, Curly, and Moe.

I have to say, I'm pretty excited about this whole 3 protagonist deal. I'm finally one step closer to seeing my dream come true: a Rockstar adaptation of The Three Amigos!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay token black guy!

People seem to be pissed that there is not a playable female character again this time but meh for me (though it would be nice to have someone really different) I'd rather create my own character in this game. For me though this series has become a lot less fun than it used to be and the beginning of these games from San Andreas to the last GTA4 side game are so fucking boring.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent touched the GTA franchise since 3, except for the ds version (which isnt terrible, but not as entertaining)
Dont think ill be picking this up either unless I hear something great.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yay token black guy!

People seem to be pissed that there is not a playable female character again this time but meh for me (though it would be nice to have someone really different) I'd rather create my own character in this game. For me though this series has become a lot less fun than it used to be and the beginning of these games from San Andreas to the last GTA4 side game are so fucking boring.
GTA 4 was just boring IMHO, loads of people think otherwise, but it wasn't fun, just too gritty and realistic. The Ballad of Gay Tony improved the whole game though.

The way GTA V looks atm is really promising, more colour, more fun, more crazy stuff. Looking forward to it, probably going to upgrade my PC too for it.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Michael, Trevor & Franklin

I like Larry, Curly and Moe better though :P

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Michael, Trevor & Franklin

I like Larry, Curly and Moe better though :P

Gahars>>>Rockstar. In fact Rockstar should get him to write the script. Puns will be dime a dozen.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahars>>>Rockstar. In fact Rockstar should get him to write the script. Puns will be dime a dozen.

Eh, been there, done that. Apparently they weren't too keen on my "Grand Theft Auto-Erotic Asphyxiation" treatment.

Pfft, philistines. I suppose the world just wasn't ready for the story of Necko Bellic...

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do like how the 3 stories from 4 tied in together. Makes me wonder if they're doing the same type of thing here.
Supposedly the whole theme of the game is making money. Can't wait to see what they try to do to show up saints row 3.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
it would have been even more lazy if they were called tom, dick and harry.
what i like is that theme seems to be more diverse unlike russian only, afro-american only, rednecks only etc. Reminds me of the vice city theme where spanish, afro, and all other classes were there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro