Gaming GTA on the DS ? Maybe if you help me ;)

• Thread starter pasc
  • Start date
  • Views 12,063
  • Replies 177
P

pasc

OP
@Blue Star: Whats your Problem ? Why do you always need to complain about this "Project" ? If you don´t like it, please stop interrupting us all the time, OK ? If you have any Ideas, please feel free to post them here ^^.

@DarkRamza: Why shouldn´t it work in 3D ? Have you ever played Tony Hawk on the DS ? Weren´t they good ? If not, Pocketeers is developing a new Graphic Engine for the DS, this one could be used aswell if Cell Shading wouldn´t work.

@sinkhead: Do you think you can fix it ? If not, could we host our Wiki on another page ?

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
because i didn't played tony hawk downhill jam yet since i didn't found the version that work with G6 Lite (if someone want to PM me a way to find it , carry on =) and the every other 3d game i played were kind of ... ugly. I prefer having a good 2d game than a ugly and weird Controled game.

And they won't make one in cell-shaded that's for sure , see what happend with Zelda Wind Waker , everybody were whining because it was too ''childrish'' imagine now with GTA , gamefaqs boards will be bombed by fanboy who play the game to be cool , gansta and ''mature''.
RockStar Games know that , so they won't make a game to please 1/10th of the GTA fanbase who could handle Cell-Shaded graphics.

I think that Cell-Shaded would be a good option too , but it never going to happen for the reason i said. (sorry for all the typos , i had a sleepless night and my brain it kind of half dead.)

PS: I Remeber playing the 2 first GTA demo for like hours. And i wasn't even doing the missons.

I still think that the overview one were better because you could feel more an arcade vibe from the game , which is the soul of the series... let's be honnest what the thing you do the most in an arcade game (well in most of the arcade game beside racing one and rhythm) Killing guys , and the thing you do the most in GTA is killing guys with your weaponry , and now with the 3d they added a degree of violence and ''mature'' content (like having sex with prostitute and all) that was in my opignion completly not needed.

capt.fruitcake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not that bad, remeber back in the day, there was a game called Syndicate. It was pretty cool, it would be doable in a touch screen environment.

Syndicate rules
biggrin.gif
have to love bullfrog for that one i believe.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
@Blue Star: Whats your Problem ? Why do you always need to complain about this "Project" ?
Because the whole thing sounds very naive. You want to try to convice them to make a new GTA, and you're clearly dedicated to the idea. Which is fine, good luck to you. But the way you're going about doing it makes you sound like a child.

Go back and read OrR's first post in this thread. It's a good, well thought out argument, balenced to show the company how they can benefit from this as well. That's exactly the kind of angle you need.

There's far more to take into account than "we want game, you company, you make game". Just because they're a big company doen't mean they have a bottomless pit of money to make all your dreams come true. You need to really convince them that it's worth their while, and that takes a lot more than "x people on the internet want it and here's a list of cool features and things it should do".

Even if you manage to convince Rockstar to make a game they're never going to take into account your list of suggestions for vehicles and features anyway. That's what script and game writers do, there's people who are paid to come up with those ideas so they're never going to take a list slapped together on the internet seriously.

To summarise: go do your project, and do it well. Really think about how you're going to do it though, because if you go to them with an online petition and a features list they'll just laugh at you. Have fun, and good luck

P

pasc

OP
@psyfira: Ok, what do you think of the following:

If Sinkhead got the wiki repaired we´ll first host it somwhereelse, next I´ll search OrR´s Comment you mentioned and read it as carefully as possible. Then I´ll write an E-mail and mention the wiki and OrR´s Post if he does allow me to. I WON`T SEND THE E-MAIL IMMEDEATELY, but I will post it in here instead so you guys can help me to get the E-mail the latest touch.

I realized that the whole Online Petition is crap, I won´t mention it in the E-mail anyway.
------------------------------------------------------

I thank you for your support and hope you all can help me with the E-mail as soon as sinkhead gets the Wiki fixed and we change the host.

Greets:

Pas

PS: Just for clearing this: The wiki is just a thing I/we made to be able to show that we are really serious about this, to prove this the Developer Section of the Wiki shouldbe the best way, shouldn´t it ?

PPS: If anyone has got good Ideas I could mention in the E-mail, please E-mail me !

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you could try and figure how much it would cost to develop, I'm sure there are quite a few here who would know how much time and money would go into a GTA style DS game. See if its cost effective to say port a GTA or GTA 2 engine and build a new game around them rather than making a newer engine.

Developers and publishers think about this sort of thing first, how much it would cost to make, if they could recoup the costs from sales and so forth.

The PSP games wasn't that big a risk as it could've easily been ported to PS2, Xbox, PC and so on to recoup any losses, but a DS game could be riskier maybe state that it could be ported to PDA's, that Iphone thing and other mobile phones. The mobile game industry is growing and a lot of phones today can display PSone style games.

EDIT: Here's another option, how about trying to get a different publisher to buy the rights for a DS game? For example Aspyr have got the rights to do Call of Duty 2 for PDAs not only that but they are releasing Civilization IV for the Mac which is actually a Take Two game!

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're obviously a little too young to lead a game project. "If my parents let me use the computer again" kinda proves my point.

Not many things happen in this world with only sheer willpower. Definitely not a game's creation, mind you. Your best chance is to make it yourself, if you want it that bad. I sure know as hell I'd ignore any kid who spams my email account with petitions and useless wikis if I was Rockstar.

I just find not enough people have been slapping the hard reality back on ya. It probably won't happen. Can it happen? Sure. Will it? ...

Good luck, but trust me, kid. You're gonna need it.

P

pasc

OP
@sinkhead: Thanks for fixing it . I can login now but not edit Pages.... Could you pease have a look again ?
BTW: Thanks for your GREAT help mate
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
!
@Blebleman: Too young ? Is 16 really too young to try ? Talking about the PC issue, lets say, it got to do something with school... Don´t want to talk about it.....

BUT there is one thing I know: if Rockstargames will get a readable logic written E-mail (you all could help me to write) they´ll maybe join the fun just for being able to make much money because the DS is a Seller and has a bright future looking at this perspective.

Maybe a Wiki and writing an E-mail sounds stupid and senseless, but has anyone got a better Idea ? (Please a DOABLE Idea if possible, I´m NOT talking about hombrew)
These Things are the best we can do currently, so why not try it ?

I know one thing: I´ll try to persuade them with all I have, and the Internet is pretty mighty isn´t it ?

I hate it to be called "childish", or kid, just because I try to realize Ideas I have got. I try it at least, I bet there are thousend people out just like some of you, who just don´t try to realize their Ideas just because they think it is impossible to do because nobody tried it.

I hope you understand my Reasons better now, and like to help me a little:
Pas

PS: Sorry for being rude
unsure.gif
but I really needed to clear this up
happy.gif

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a very noble effort to try to convince Rockstar Games to produce something for the DS ... but there is a high chance of failure. Some people see that high chance as incredibly negative and see no glimmer of hope, hence some of the negative posts.

They will probably not create the game. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try, though, and it certainly doesn't mean you shouldn't try your damndest.

I think trying to organize and homebrew effort to create something like GTA would be a more worthwhile investment, but that'll be even harder, take more time, and, again, you'll most likely have nothing to show for it at the end except the effort.

But does any of that mean you shouldn't try? NO!

P

pasc

OP
@nloding: Yeah ! Thats exactly what I think too!

@sinkhead: Thanks for fixing it
wink.gif
bow.gif

P

pasc

OP
I don´t think so, just look at Tony Hawk for the DS and Gba, the Gbaversions were fun, but no more,but the DS versions were more than that,they were VERY GOOD ! So it could be the same with this: GTA Advance was fun to play no more, but a decent 3D Gta for the DS would be much better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker