GTA on the DS ? Maybe if you help me ;)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by pasc, Jan 19, 2007.

Jan 19, 2007
  1. pasc
    OP

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    Hello everybody,

I just opened a GTA DS Petition Page you can get to if you click on the following link:
    www.grandtheftautodspetition.tk

Additionaly you could support us/me by helping out on our wiki: http://romnet.co.uk/wiki/index.php/GTADS_Index

2. SeanoRLY?

Member SeanoRLY? GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Im not a huge fan of the GTA series, so it doesnt really bother me.
    But, I highly doubt Rockstar will even consider doing it

3. Bowser128

Member Bowser128 King Koopa

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] You are aware that internet petitions have never achieved anything, aren't you? Even the reasonable ones get ignored, and this isn't what I would class as reasonable.

4. pas

pas Newbie

But incase Everyone likes it it could help. And anyway, I just want use this Petition to show Rockstargames that we REALLY need AND want it !!! Beside this, I did post this on that much forums and changed my Signature so I think this should help to get some Sinings. One more thing PETITIONSININGS ARE FREE so that means everyone who has2 Minutes left can do it.

Greets:

Pas

5. capt.fruitcake

Newcomer capt.fruitcake Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Sometimes one person can change a little part of the gaming world (not very often) but he has hope and that's good.

6. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I really don't see why not, Rockstar have made GTA for GBC and GBA, so why not DS? Its selling by the shit load and has more over 18 gamers on it than the Gameboys. I can easily see a old school GTA on it no probs at all.

It really annoys me when people try to put others down who are trying to do something THEY want instead of just moaning about how so and so are making a game for their machine.

Good luck to you, who knows what could happend.

7. Bowser128

Member Bowser128 King Koopa

United Kingdom
    I wasn't trying to put him down, but I wanted him to be aware of the fact that putting a petition on Blogger is never going to make any developer create a new game for the DS. It's well known to _everyone_ that online petitions don't achieve anything, unfortunately that's just the way it is.

8. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    Not with those methodes, you can't...

GTA on the DS... Yes, it could be awesome. However, a half assed GTA like the GBA version would not be worth it. A port like the PSP version where they could reuse half of the work is also impossible. So, how does a realistic vision of GTA on the DS look like? This is how:
    1. Get Pocketeers' C3 as the engine. ( http://pocketeers.co.uk/ ) They've shown that they could have made a 3D GTA on the GBA so let them do the technical side of the DS version. I don't know anyone better prepared for it.
    2. You can't reuse any of the 3D GTA stuff already done. Once you have accepted that, it becomes quite clear what to do: Design a completely new city/landscape for the DS! A small city, about half of Liberty, and a village, connected with some interesting landscape, would be enough to host a GTA game of decent size. On a handheld, it's a good idea if distances are small. This city/landscape as well as the story taking place in it has to be written/designed by the original GTA writers.
    Once designed, the location can (and should) of course be used in GTA 4 spinoffs.

Now that it's clear how the DS version should look, let's think some more about how to convince Rockstar to put so much effort into it:
    The DS is the most popular handheld around the world. It's really successful. By the time this could be finished (probably Q4 2008) it should have an installed userbase of ~50 million people. There are a lot of games for it, too, but it's lacking games in the market segment GTA is aiming at.
    The effort put into the DS version would be quite big but much of it could be reused. The new scenery could be used in a GTA 4 spinoff. The whole game could be ported to mobile phones, the PSP and even PCs as an online distributed game. Yes, I'm serious about that. Hey, it might even run on the 100$ laptop! [​IMG] It could be something you play in the office where you don't have an amazing gaming PC. (How about an online save system for that so that you can easily continue playing at home?) It could even be sold in the Wii virtual console. Or it could even be the base for a full GTA Wii that could play at the same location at a different point in time.
    It could be a base for the portable equivalent to GTA 4.

Now all you have to do is tell Rockstar about it. How? Well... [​IMG] A petition, changing your signature etc. certainly doesn't work. A simple old fashioned email has much more chance of success if it's sent to the right address. Of course, it would be great if anyone had a more creative idea. Maybe you could even spend some money on stamps and paper and write a real letter, that can make even more of an impression. The guys at Rockstar have probably already thought about a DS version. The question is if they have thought of all the possibilities. Your goal has to be to make them think a little harder.

9. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    If you insist on making a petition (I think it's a good idea) at least use some proper hosting... Not some free junk.
    (Hint: I provide web hosting to most people who ask)

- Sam

10. mflo

Member mflo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    GTA 2 was 3d from a top view. Atleast I think it was GTA 2. It would be perfect on the DS. Like the old GTA games but 3d.

11. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    petition = nothing

I think youre best off waiting for a homebrew port of GTA1 or 2

12. pasc
    OP

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    I just added a site so all people who want can give their singin. Adress: www.gtads2.blogspot.com. Oh and I think the main fact is that I do something I like, and if you read the homepage of the project then you will read: if you like to help me.... So once again, everyone who can provide a good voting system, good ideas, or suggestions, please e-mail me so I can see what I can do.
    I hope that more people will post their singings no that I removed that "need to be a blogger" restriction.

13. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Seriously, a petition probably won't work unless we get thousands or tend of thousands of people signing it. We just need to think of plenty of really good reasons they should make one, we should show all the facts, and hopefully they will consider it.

- Sam

14. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    they wont consider it, seriously online petitions do absolutely nothing

the only thing you could do is buy tons of GTA for GBA, speaking with your wallet does a hell of a lot more than an online petition

15. pas

pas Newbie

There are two optios available we have:

1. Get VERY MUCH PEOLPLE to sign in (just use the non-blogger www.gtads2.blogspot.com page it works faster) How much DS Gamers has the world ? If all these people would sign in then Rockstargames could hardly say no or ?

2. All who want a 3D GTA on DS E-mail Rockstargames, but I think their E-mail Inbox would explode then...

Which option is better .TakaM ?

16. pas

pas Newbie

Oh one more thing : Rockstargames want to get Money too, so if they would do a decent 3D GTA on the DS everyone would buy it. Further said: Rockstargames are humans too !

17. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    i suppose emailing them as they wouldn't be able to really ignore that

I dont know how much clearer I can make it, but doing absolutely nothing = an online petition.
    they have never achieved anything ever

18. Sil3n7

Member Sil3n7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That was an amazing post there! ***** 5 stars [​IMG]

19. pas

pas Newbie

@OrR Did you not look at the page I made ????????This Petition is FOR BEING ABLE TO E-MAIL ROCKSTARGAMES !!!!!! Why ? Because if I "just" write them an e-mail they will laugh about me, but if I write them a E-mail AND link them to the sig page they will think about my Idea.
    ~
    So:
    Email + Rockstargames = Rockstargames laugh
    ~
    E-mail + Singnings= Rockstargames wil think and then maybe make the gta game.
    ~
    Understood ?

20. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom