Gaming GTA on the DS ? Maybe if you help me ;)

• Thread starter pasc
  • Start date
  • Views 12,072
  • Replies 177

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GTA 2 was 3d from a top view. Atleast I think it was GTA 2. It would be perfect on the DS. Like the old GTA games but 3d.

GTA 1 was already 3D from the top. A top down GTA on the DS would be useless, though. Just play the GBA version instead. Or play Payback, which is quite a bit more fun. What we need on the DS is a full 3D 3rd person view GTA or we need nothing at all.
@OrR Did you not look at the page I made ????????This Petition is FOR BEING ABLE TO E-MAIL ROCKSTARGAMES !!!!!! Why ? Because if I "just" write them an e-mail they will laugh about me, but if I write them a E-mail AND link them to the sig page they will think about my Idea.
~
So:
Email + Rockstargames = Rockstargames laugh
~
E-mail + Singnings= Rockstargames wil think and then maybe make the gta game.
~
Understood ?
Yeah, but the problem is that it does not work like that. Writing an intelligent email with good arguments achives MUCH MORE than a not-as-good email with a petition with 10000 signatures attached to it.

Another original idea: Start a wiki! Let people collect ideas for a GTA on the DS in organized wiki form. Then submit that wiki to Rockstar.

P

pas

OP
@OrR:
OK , you got me
bow.gif
this Idea is WONDERFUL !!!
biggrin.gif
Ill do it as fast as I can if my parents allow me to go on my PC again. Has anyone here ever made a Wiki and can help me ?

@.TakaM:
If OrR´s Idea does not work I try the E-mail thing.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Rockstar haven't released a single game on the DS. At all. What makes you think they'd employ an entire coding team (or outsource) on a whim of someone from the internet who (given the typical population of this forum) will probably just download it and isn't even going to buy the game anyway?

tlogank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gah, whatever you do, don't let "pas" do the writing for it. It is extremely painful for me to try to understand what he is saying.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rockstar haven't released a single game on the DS. At all. What makes you think they'd employ an entire coding team (or outsource) on a whim of someone from the internet who (given the typical population of this forum) will probably just download it and isn't even going to buy the game anyway?
Simple: They have released GBA games.

P

pas

OP
@Psyfira:
I think they would develope it because there are 10000000 DS Owner in the World who were just waiting for a 3rd Person GTA to come out.

@tlogank:
Wow ! Are really ALL things I wrote so far hard to read for you or only my last post ? I just ask because my Native Language isn´t English and I like to know how good you can understand me.

I hope you know that I wrote all the posts in this topic with the Opera Browser (DS).

Are my posts hard to read for you because I often write some words twice or together, or are they hard to read because I *maybe* do Grammer-mistakes ?

Greets:

Pas

PS: Thank you guys that you accepted my Idea and not deleted it. (like in some f***** German Forums...)

teh_raf3

Whatever suits you
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I think they would develope it because there are 10000000 DS Owner in the World who were just waiting for a 3rd Person GTA to come out.

- Not every DS owner likes GTA
- Petitions don't do shit

I might see a GTA2-like game for the DS in the future but I wouldn't set my hopes on it... A Wii GTA game seems more likely (Reggie has been negotiating with Rockstar)

werwe

Trophies
XP
Country
Has Rockstar released anything for DS? They seem pretty focused on the consoles and PSP right now. GBA got a few games, but only because it was really cheap, and there was no competition at the time. If they made a serious GTA(based on GTA3/VC/SA) for DS, they would have to make a lot of sacrifices to the style and presentation of the game that I don't think they're willing to try. Add to that the poor sales of the few Rockstar titles that have appeared on Nintendo systems, and a GTA game seems incredibly unlikely.

Edit: In other news, according to the ESRB, it appears that VCS is getting ported to PS2. Now, who didn't see that coming?
biggrin.gif

P

pasc

OP
@Sinkhead: I alredy made a Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTA_DS but you can help me to improve it and polish the look (because it looks pretty crappy now).

You all who want a GTA on the DS, feel free to edit that page to make it more informating for Rockstargames.

P

pasc

OP
Uff: I got a reply from Wikipedia:

QUOTE said:
Welcome to Wikipedia! We welcome your help to create new content, but your recent additions (such as GTA DS) are considered nonsense. Please refrain from creating nonsense articles. If you want to test things out, edit the sandbox instead. Take a look at the welcome page if you would like to learn more about contributing to our encyclopedia. --Fuhghettaboutit 14:48, 21 January 2007 (UTC)
User page Discussion Edit this page +

Please guys help me to non- nonsense the wiki !

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't like to see GTA on the DS. We would either get a 2D version of it or maybe a GTA card or a turn based game
laugh.gif
The DS isn't made to play games like GTA. You only need to look at some of the car games released on the DS. Burnout 3? Do I need to go on.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Uff: I got a reply from Wikipedia:

QUOTE said:
Welcome to Wikipedia! We welcome your help to create new content, but your recent additions (such as GTA DS) are considered nonsense. Please refrain from creating nonsense articles. If you want to test things out, edit the sandbox instead. Take a look at the welcome page if you would like to learn more about contributing to our encyclopedia. --Fuhghettaboutit 14:48, 21 January 2007 (UTC)
User page Discussion Edit this page +

Please guys help me to non- nonsense the wiki !

Wikipedia isn't there to host your own wiki. It's an encyclopedia for things that actually exist, not a platform to discuss ideas.
QUOTE(adgloride @ Jan 21 2007, 05:16 PM)I wouldn't like to see GTA on the DS. We would either get a 2D version of it or maybe a GTA card or a turn based game
laugh.gif
 The DS isn't made to play games like GTA. You only need to look at some of the car games released on the DS. Burnout 3? Do I need to go on.
That's not the fault of the system, though, but the fault of the developers. Need for Speed Carbon was pretty nice, for example. A full 3D GTA on the DS is easily possible with some development effort. There would be restrictions but there are ways to work around them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small