[DS] Does anyone know how to open or modify .std image files?

Toiletman74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking at the game Pokemon card game: asobikata and I wanted to replace the japanese card images with english ones. I know for sure the .std files are the images that the cards are stored in. Does anyone know of a way to open or edit those .std files?

I saw a post on vg resource that had a .jar executable that could supposedly open the files but I can't figure out how to use it. you can find that post if you just look up "vg resource dumping .std" (I can't post a link cause anti-spam)

Theres also some ripped images from this game on spriters resource I'm not sure how they ripped them. you can find the page if you google "spriters resource pokemon card game how to play ds"
Post automatically merged:

It appears I can post links now so here's the links for those pages I meantioned
spriter's resource page
Vg resource page

Last edited by Toiletman74,

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
So what command would I use to open it?
Assuming you're on Windows, open up the command prompt and use the "cd" command to go to where the Java executible and the .std file is. Then, just use the following syntax:

[JAVA FILE NAME] {STD FILE NAME}

It'll probably extract everything from the file. I'm not sure about repacking?

Toiletman74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1694407618632.png

Assuming you're on Windows, open up the command prompt and use the "cd" command to go to where the Java executible and the .std file is. Then, just use the following syntax:

[JAVA FILE NAME] {STD FILE NAME}

It'll probably extract everything from the file. I'm not sure about repacking?
I tried this command and it didn't work. as far as I can tell it didn't do anything at all

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 393233

I tried this command and it didn't work. as far as I can tell it didn't do anything at all
huh. alright, try running the jar with either ? (e.g. PokeSTDGen.jar ?) or with help, --help, /?, pretty much just trying to see if it has any sort of help text it could spit out in the temrinal.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No one clicked the link in my last post, clearly. :glare:

huh. alright, try running the jar with either ? (e.g. PokeSTDGen.jar ?) or with help, --help, /?, pretty much just trying to see if it has any sort of help text it could spit out in the temrinal.
You need to run the command as
Code:
java -jar [jar file] [arguments]
I can't imagine how your system is configured that would let you run .jar files otherwise, unless perhaps you're on Linux.

(Needless to say that won't do anything if Java isn't installed.)

Toiletman74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one clicked the link in my last post, clearly. :glare:

You need to run the command as
Code:
java -jar [jar file] [arguments]
I can't imagine how your system is configured that would let you run .jar files otherwise, unless perhaps you're on Linux.

(Needless to say that won't do anything if Java isn't installed.)
I got confused because on google it showed -java -jar [jar file] [arguments]. I kept putting in the extra dash at the beginning but anyway

After a lot of struggling (had to get javafx installed) I got the program to open but when I try to use the program I just keep getting this error
J a v a M e s s a g e : c l a s s j a v a f x . e m b e d . s w i n g . S w i n g F X U t i l s ( i n u n n a m e d m o d u l e @ 0 x 5 3 8 d a 3 d 0 ) c a n n o t a c c e s s c l a s s s u n . a w t . i m a g e . I n t e g e r C o m p o n e n t R a s t e r ( i n m o d u l e j a v a . d e s k t o p ) b e c a u s e m o d u l e j a v a . d e s k t o p d o e s n o t e x p o r t s u n . a w t . i m a g e t o u n n a m e d m o d u l e @ 0 x 5 3 8 d a 3 d 0

Toiletman74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what javafx is or why you thought you needed to install it, and it's entirely likely that the problem you are experiencing is due to attempting to use javafx instead of java.

Uninstall javafx and get Java from https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp .
I couldn't get the program to run at all without it. If you try to run it without javafx it says "Error: JavaFX runtime components are missing, and are required to run this application"

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, It Works For Me, and I certainly didn't have to do any messing around with javafx.

What exactly are you typing on the command line at this point?

Toiletman74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, It Works For Me, and I certainly didn't have to do any messing around with javafx.

What exactly are you typing on the command line at this point?
What do you mean it works for you? Like you got the program open or you got it to convert a .std image to a png?

This is the command that I've been using to start it

java -p "C:\Program Files\Java\javafx-sdk-20.0.2\lib" --add-modules javafx.controls -jar PokeSTDGen.jar

Toiletman74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C:\Users\Lenka\OneDrive\Desktop\Other stuff\Projects\Pokemon AsobiKata>java -jar PokeSTDGen.jar
Error: JavaFX runtime components are missing, and are required to run this application
1694484177314.png

Toiletman74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what do you get if you type
Code:
java -version
C:\Users\Lenka\OneDrive\Desktop\Other stuff\Projects\Pokemon AsobiKata>java -version
java version "20.0.2" 2023-07-18
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 20.0.2+9-78)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0.2+9-78, mixed mode, sharing)
1694484508657.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto