Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IMG_0359.PNG

QUOTE said:
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars was quietly released into the App Store this evening. Chinatown Wars for the iPhone seems to lie somewhere in between the DS and PSP versions in regards to graphical quality, but as far as pure GTA gameplay, everything so far seems intact.

iTouch - GTA Chinatown Wars - First Impressions

FIRST GAMEPLAY VIDEO

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been playing GTA:CW on my iPod and I was also afraid the controls would be hard to get.
Surprisingly it wasn't all that bad, it's really playable
smile.gif

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I swear I saw this on the App Store on my iPod Touch last night, doesn't that make this old news?

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I guess it came out close to the time I saw it, that's pretty cool.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already got the game. I will be making a review about it later on today. Also will be comparing it to the DS version a little. This game is actually amazing the game is so smooth unlike the DS version. The graphics are more 3D than the DS version was(The Houses). And the controls are perfect for it I am glad they didn't make you ride the car using the Accelerometer. Of course the controls aren't as good as the DS version. And this version has the Touch Screen MiniGames unlike the PSP.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kitehimuro said:
Unfortunately it's a very bad port of the PSP version. Bad as in you can't lock-on while aiming and hailing taxis simply doesn't work.
What are you talking about bad port? The game is really nicely done for the iPhone/iPod Touch. This is only Version 1.0.0 they will probably update the game and add more stuff later.

kitehimuro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
jakob95 said:
kitehimuro said:
Unfortunately it's a very bad port of the PSP version. Bad as in you can't lock-on while aiming and hailing taxis simply doesn't work.
What are you talking about bad port? The game is really nicely done for the iPhone/iPod Touch. This is only Version 1.0.0 they will probably update the game and add more stuff later.

For example the two missing/non-working features I've mentioned before. One's not CRUCIAL ( good luck friggin' driving around the city for drug deals without taxis ) the other -WILL- make later missions either impossible or bloody annoying to finish.

Also if you're not on a 3G, try throwing more than on molotovs and enjoy the framerate being in single digits ( it's especially bad because they tried "cheating" by not having frameskip. HA HA good job it's still visibly slows to a crawl ), and if you check side-by-side with a DS version, the general framerate is already MUCH slower.

Their saving grace is that the underlying game -IS- awesome, even with the things they botched with the porting.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I saw this in the App Store last night too. It's like $9.99. LOL I didn't pay for the Ds game why would i buy the one for iPhone?
smileipb2.png
No multiplayer still...

MarieAnne

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Downloaded the file to my Iphone but its not that great would rather have it on my NDS..Any updates on the game so far?

Regards,
MarieAnne

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
*snip*

what are the controls like in this version? I thought they were spot-on in the ds version

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
GameSoul said:
Yeah I saw this in the App Store last night too. It's like $9.99. LOL I didn't pay for the Ds game why would i buy the one for iPhone?
smileipb2.png
No multiplayer still...
you DO know theres a whole iPhone scene right?

D

Deleted_171835

How the heck do you play Chinatown Wars on an iPhone?

It must be extremely hard! Especially driving.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN