GS:DD possible solution

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by yukko, Nov 30, 2010.

1. yukko
    OP

yukko Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Brazil
    ppl, i might have found how to work on akAIO 1.8.1 for those who always give black screen no matter what. maybe it will not work for some, but hey, if i help any1, as i helped myself, thats ok by me. i will post what i did!

1) formated with Panasonic SD Formater (Full Format ON; Format Ajustment ON);
    2) copied the akAIO 1.8.1 and the Wi-fi plugin bugfix to mSD with GS:DD in another past;
    3) booted ds and had everything updated (Loaders, Cheats, Wi-Fi and savelist.bin) *******Remember to use Which Cheat DB? -> AKAIO (yusuo)*******
    4) go to GS:DD Properties -> Rom Setting -> and leave it in this order:
    -2M
    -Disabled
    -Disabled
    -Enabled

5) Press A to confirm and test it!

OBS.: I use a DSLite. my mSD is a kingstone 8GB and, if the speed of the card is the number inside a circle on top right, then, its speed 4 (I realy dont know how to see the card speed).

I hope this helps a lot of ppl, if not everyone!

GG

2. bagszi

bagszi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2008
    Hungary
    Hungary
    Thanks! It helped me. I only updated Akaio to 1.8.1 and did the same settings as you. My friend said that he already have 1.8.1 and the same settings except the 2M saveformat, so I think that must be the key. [​IMG] Going to test it on Wood R4 too.

3. shineek

shineek GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2007
    Poland
    not really , i have sac type on auto and it still works , it just that it seems that if you set in main option ap bypass to enabled then it wont work , but if you set it on games that need it , then they start to work .

4. yukko
    OP

yukko Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Brazil
    well, i didn't quite get what u are saying here รต_o

when i tested for the first time with AP Bypass Enabled, some times it gone for black screen, and other 2 or 3 times it actualy started, but only until i name my char, then, play sound for 5 secs and freeze.

im not arguing that i've found how to make it work properly. what i did was find a solution for myself, and, maybe to others. its not 100% until 100% can play with those settings. o_o

peace o/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice