Hacking Green screen freeze.... what's the cause?

jspicher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.coastalwebinnovations.com
XP
Country
United States
Howdy guys and gals...

I have a few backups (all of which are PAL I believe // i'm NTSC) that give me the green screen freeze up when launched with wiigator, or softchip's backup launchers. One of which off the top of my head is: Sim City Creator / PAL / Scrubbed

My Wii is NTSC (E) // 3.2E // _no_ chip
I've used "Forced NTSC" settings and still get the same thing (green screen freeze).
I was just wondering what exactly was the cause of this, and what l can try in an attempt to get around it.

And yes l've searched google and the forum here and l've read this thread throughly: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108959

Thanks for your insight!

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you try and play a game from a different region usually causes it.....But I do have some games that had the green screen and then after patching they became playable not sure why , but give that a try too

jspicher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.coastalwebinnovations.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster says,
>Best advice anyone could give someone, Download from your own region
Right, I try to follow that rule of thumb myself but sometimes the compact scurbbed DLs are just too good to pass up!

ether2802 says,
>Are you using the "Hook Type" set to "GC"??
>did you instal cIOS36_r7??
>Gamma Backup Launcher???
a.) I've tried various "hook type" settings, but yets GC is the default setting on my gamma Backup loader channel
b.) Double checking that now (cIOS36_r7) but as far as l know, yes. I'm using whatever comes packed with wiigators 0.3gamma found here link from here How can l check?
c.) Yes Gamma, similar problems with softchip (except it just freezes up, no green screen there).

air2004 says,
>after patching they became playable not sure why , but give that a try too
Assuming you mean Waninkoko's IOSPatcher-1.1 what IOS do you suggest l patch the game to? 249, 30... ??

Thanks for the help guys!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Some games can only be played in their region, use disc settings in SoftChip. If this does not work you need to patch the video mode and use system settings. Get R2 of my Toy and you don't need to reburn the games for that.

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jspicher I also have about 10 games that give a green screen or a vertical sync issue. They are all pal games also.

I've tried all the patchers out there trying to fix the video settings and none of them have worked. So I hope this thread gets some answers that both of us can use.

I have tried the Generic Wii patcher, wiigionfree, and wiu patcher. All will get me a green screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked