GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updowners said:
The car physics are so awesome! I've flipped cars and did jumps using the stairs as ramps
biggrin.gif

Agreed. I was really surprised by some of the stuff I was seeing cars do, such as during a cop chase. It looks like Micro Machines because everything's so small, but it behaves in realistic ways. Plus, I think there are benefits to playing both with or without the Steer Assist. For the most part, I've found it more fun without it, but I can already anticipate using Steer Assist when I just want to make my way around the city without much chance of whacking into a cop...like when I'm trying to deal drugs.

So far, liking this better than any of the previous GTAs I've played. Two reasons: One, the portable nature. Though I could veg to SA and GTAIII for hours, I always hated being tethered to my couch. And two, this is more arcadey, which I like. It's less realistic to ram a few cops off the road in order to get your wanted meter to go down, but it sure is a helluva lot more fun than simply finding a place to lay low or entering a pay-n-spray (which you can still do here).

@ Sp33der: Yeah, it's a very simple process, made even easier by the PDA. When either buying or selling, there will be a red arrow for a bad price and a green arrow for a good price. Usual rules apply: Buy low, sell high. Your PDA and email will alert you to a dealer who will pay a high price for something, or if someone is selling something at an especially good price.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Sp33der said:
You can order online trough your PDA,

btw how does the drug dealing aspect work? Just buy and selland repeat? D:
Mainly, yes.....You buy drug when it's cheap.....and.....sell it when it's pricey!

There are several factors that affect prices....If cops are near, drug will be expensive....If there are cameras around (you can destroy them with bombs or molotov coctails)

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Finished the storyline yesterday, took less than 5 hours. I did expect it to be longer. Though, I'm only halfway trough to fully complete the game. (That sentence is messed up)

kezlehan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MAD_BOY said:
Finished the storyline yesterday, took less than 5 hours. I did expect it to be longer. Though, I'm only halfway trough to fully complete the game. (That sentence is messed up)

Less than 5 hours? That's well short! I was expecting a little longer than that. Of course you can still roam around killing innocent civilians
smile.gif
but I still expected a little longer on the storyline

Sp33der

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Toni Plutonij said:
Sp33der said:
You can order online trough your PDA,

btw how does the drug dealing aspect work? Just buy and selland repeat? D:
Mainly, yes.....You buy drug when it's cheap.....and.....sell it when it's pricey!

There are several factors that affect prices....If cops are near, drug will be expensive....If there are cameras around (you can destroy them with bombs or molotov coctails)

And this really is the fastest way to collect money?
tongue.gif

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One thing i hate is the Cops. It is hard to find cars that you can get without Cops trying to get you (the ones in parking lots). If you try to get one off the road they almost always (99.9%) give you a Star. And it is freaking hard to get cops off. I mean u have to crash them into something. And there are so many other cars on the road that it sometimes takes a minute to get the car to crash. Why couldn't they make it with 2 options - 1. Like it is now or 2. Just drive away from the Cops

Sp33der

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fabis94 said:
One thing i hate is the Cops. It is hard to find cars that you can get without Cops trying to get you (the ones in parking lots). If you try to get one off the road they almost always (99.9%) give you a Star. And it is freaking hard to get cops off. I mean u have to crash them into something. And there are so many other cars on the road that it sometimes takes a minute to get the car to crash. Why couldn't they make it with 2 options - 1. Like it is now or 2. Just drive away from the Cops

Or less cops
tongue.gif
, I see a cop in almust every street, it's fucking hard to hijack a Ammunation truck

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
*SPOILERS*
Umm, did I just finish the game? T.T
frown.gif
. Heres the story : I had to hunt down these two guys (forgot their names) because they were the rats but Wade Heston got the wrong files and it was a set up. After that I had to chase after the real rat which is... drum roll plz.... Uncle Wu "Kenny" Lee. Anyways, he went inside Hsin's house and he killed him. I had to fight Kenny in a short fight (used a sword).

Heres the confusing part and this is my first time ever playing GTA (playing the missions) because I aways just fooled around and got bored and sent it back from where it came from. Now that I got that out of the way. When I finished off Kenny, the game just went into the credit scene (like the beginning of the game but just showing random drivers (car) as well as the credit (people who work at Rockstar)

After the credits, I was outside of Hsin's place and I didnt get any mails to do stuff. So is this it? Oh btw, for those who are in the same situation as I am. Did you get any money in like the last 10 missions or so? Because I did not whats so ever get any money for completeing the missions.

Thanks folks

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I shoot a drug dealer will he come back?, if so will he charge me more
tongue.gif

Also, do the prostitutes try to kill you everytime?

I talked to one and her and her friends shot me and ended up killing me.
do they all do that?

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been hearing people that multiplayer is locked at the beginning? But mine was there since :S. (wifi)
Btw can someone answer my question above the 2 posts please

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it me or are police cars really weird?

Bump into them and they chase you
Drive on the wrong side of the road and they don't notice.

And why does everyone drive so slow and time pass so fast?

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
Ya the police is a bit weird. Like I run over people sometimes and theres a police care/police officer right beside me and they dont care, and sometimes they do :S. They also randomly just kill people when I'm walking in the sidewalk.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Briankealing said:
Is it me or are police cars really weird?

Bump into them and they chase you
Drive on the wrong side of the road and they don't notice.

And why does everyone drive so slow and time pass so fast?

Never played a GTA game before?

It was always like this
tongue.gif

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I reframed from posting this as a new thread coz no doubt it'll get locked for a stupid reason like "too many GTA topics" but if it doesnt get answered im going to post it in a new thread later
lecture.gif

ANYWAY

I have an R4 and im playing GTA using the arm7 from bomberman 2 method and it works fine. i can connect online with no problems and single player works fine BUT my friend has got it too he's used the same method i have to play it and we tried local wireless and every so often it will just freeze for no aparent reason

My question is.. has anyone had this problem or can surgest a legit way to fix it??

please quote me for responce or PM me a soulotion please...

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
InuYasha said:
The police run over more people then I do
laugh.gif

Exactly, I thought once they police were chasing me and shooting at me, but it was the car next to me, they ran over the driver after he got out
tongue.gif

Oh and for Ammu-Nation , Majority of all the stuff is "Out of stock" but its been like that for a while now, several days in the game has passed, How do I get new guns?
I tried taking down an Ammu-Nation truck but I need guns to successfully do that, So how do I get Ammu-Nation to carry the guns?
Thanks

-For the person looking for a solution to his Wi-fi issue-

Buy the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck