Gaming Got my 3DS today, formatted and lost Mario 3D Land

Louism92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Any way of getting it back?

I read that i can simply go in the store and download it again as the console iD is eligible but i'm afraid if i hook it up to my wifi i'll end up updating is from 4.1 so i couldn't use a gateway!

Help guys, thanks!

D

Dork

Why did you format a brand new 3DS?

Tough luck, you either update and download 3D Land, or forget about it and use your Gateway. You could always put 3D Land on your Gateway, or actually buy games.

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could wait to get the Gateway 3DS and then download it and play it, assuming you bought it. But other than that, yeah the only way is to get it from the eShop

Louism92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So it's 100% no chance of going into the store without it updating on its own?

Worst part about it is that i took the SD card out when i done the format :angry:

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No way of redownloading it without updating. At least, if/once you get a gateway card you can just download it, although not quite the same since you have to carry the game around on a microsd.

Louism92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i really do feel daft haha

I really can't believe there is no way to get on without updating though, nevermind, i'll go hunting for a good reseller of the gateway, or just stick with my DSTWO for now and wait for things to calm down with the chinese resellers lying about having stock etc...

I paid £135 for the 3DS, it really is in mint condition, was that at least a decent purchase though i have lost Mario Land?

Louism92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ohh i forgot to mention my 3DS is an XL one too, so i haven't really lost out on much really, considering it really is in tiptop condition

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, you didn't really _lose_ Mario Land, it's your own choice, and if you later decide to update it should still be there. It's not like it expires. But yeah Nintendo has always worked this way, even on the Wii. You can't access the shop without updating there either.

Louism92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not desperate for the game, i think i'll hold off updating for now, see what Gateway come up with, i'll just play around with my DSTWO when that arrives :)

Louism92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool story bro, really worth the post? As i said i took the SD card out before formatting, can't see why it won't show up if the card still has the game on it..

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If all that was required to play the game was having the game on the card, then people could just toss the files at each other and get it for free. :P The 3DS itself seems to store license info internally to help prevent that (in addition to the files being encrypted per-3DS).

Reactions: Skelletonike

Louism92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That makes perfect sense, when i formatted the console the sd card basically couldnt find its original owner on the console so it wouldnt show up, correct? :)

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
After formatting, the tickets of all downloadable titles are lost and the KeyY (Key for en-/decrypting SD card stuff) is changed. No chance.

Reactions: 3DSGuy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)