Hacking Got a new switch need support

akramff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi
I just got a new switch its running 4.0.1 fw and depending on the hackable serial number thread it is hackable.
So what do you guys suggest ?
Update it or leave it like this ?
Buy a dongle like r4s or sx pro or use cfw and i dont need them to save some bucks ;)
Also what is for me really matters is running the games nsp and xcu.
Thank you guys in advance

Last edited by akramff,

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First things first............. BACKUP YOUR CONSOLE FULLY.......Please dont ignore this your thank me later i promise

Here you go click here > Guide

akramff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First things first............. BACKUP YOUR CONSOLE FULLY.......Please dont ignore this your thank me later i promise

Here you go click here > Guide
Ok i'll do it is it a long process?
Also i wanted
Also i wanted to know what does burnning the fuses during the update mean ?
Is it good or bad?
And thanx for the reply

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also i wanted
Also i wanted to know what does burning the fuses during the update mean ?
Is it good or bad?
And thanx for the reply

BACKING UP
Its not as long a process as it use to be, but it will take a little time to backup.. but i strongly recommend you do.
If you follow my guide you will have backed up all you can...

FUSES
Burning fuses means there is a internal fuse that is burned when you update your systems firmware/system files basically update....

Each system version has a certain amount of fuses burned. think of it like a counter...

Now you can upgrade system version fine, but officially you cannot downgrade your system version,

When you update you get a fuse count say for instance 6, now if you try to use a lower system version on that console you will be unable to boot it. as the lower system version has a lower fuse count lets say 4.

The console checks the fuse count at boot and if it does not match your system version it will not boot..

You can use the no fuse burn method but as your new to this you dont need to worry your self so much right now unless your interested in not burning fuses or in downgrading...

Last edited by Canna,

akramff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BACKING UP
Its not as long a process as it use to be, but it will take a little time to backup.. but i strongly recommend you do.
If you follow my guide you will have backed up all you can...

FUSES
Burning fuses means there is a internal fuse that is burned when you update your systems firmware/system files basically update....

Each system version has a certain amount of fuses burned. think of it like a counter...

Now you can upgrade system version fine, but officially you cannot downgrade your system version,

When you update you get a fuse count say for instance 6, now if you try to use a lower system version on that console you will be unable to boot it. as the lower system version has a lower fuse count lets say 4.

The console checks the fuse count at boot and if it does not match your system version it will not boot..

You can use the no fuse burn method but as your new to this you dont need to worry your self so much right now unless your interested in not burning fuses or in downgrading...
Sorry for the many questions but the question now is should i update or not i am on 4.0.1?
And after i back up my nand i will right to you

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the many questions but the question now is should i update or not i am on 4.0.1?
And after i back up my nand i will right to you
Me personally will only update, if a game requires a certain update to run

Meaning some games require a certain system version to be able to play...

I would like to say its your decision if you want to update..

But ...

Backup your switch first, with following my guide and getting you backups if your switch goes bad you can recover it. You can backup 4.0.1, if you decide to update your system then backup your nand again...

But for the record if you wish to play home brew, pirate games run pirated games or hack or run cfw.. i recommend you do not update your system at this time, well not atleast till you understand what is going on around here . Backup now and dont update.. research and learn about switch hacking then decide .. thats the best i can give you good luck.
i think at this time the latest system update does not allow you to run cfw/or some home brew correctly..

OH almost forgot ... if you decide to hack your switch or use home brew you will get banned from nintendo online, and sometimes updates... So if you hack the switch or wish to use CFW then keep the console offline permanent and enable airplane mode...

Last edited by Canna,

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For rcm methods look here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-list-of-mods-to-enter-rcm.502145/

You can also update without burning your fuses (giving you an option to restore your backup on 4.0.1 in the chance we get warmboot) so here's another link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

Let me add my guide too :P

The above guide is a pretty good one listing some useful info as well as a start to finish on getting atmosphere set up.

Personally, I use ReiNX: https://reinx.guide

It's really all personal preference. If your switch is vulnerable to fusee gelee you can update pretty much worry free since it's a coldboot exploit that can only be patched in the factory afaik.

Just be aware that you can and possibly will be banned from online services using cfw. I just assume that the moment I run cfw I'm as good as banned.

For ease of use though, I would recommend an R4s dongle as it's a nice simple plug and go option for cfw. And since the community cfw options offer the same benefits really as sxos I see no reason to go with it over the R4s. If youre interested I got mine here: https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=304

As mentioned above do not do anything before backing up your NAND and check out all the switch subforums to get as much education as you can before diving in blind. And as always, have fun and I hope I helped.

akramff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have ordered a new switch jig but it takes a while until its there

Last edited by akramff, , Reason: 3ds correction lol

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have ordered a new 3ds jig but it takes a while until its there

Be careful with jigs. I don't trust ones made from paperclips as they could damage your pads in the console. The jig that comes with the r4s dongle is nice though. I recommend picking up the dongle as it makes running cfw more convenient. If you order from the link i posted above it'll take a few weeks but again, totally worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: