OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goomba Color 1-16-2008
Super Gameboy fixes
%5B1645%5Dgoombakirby.png

A quick update to the recently released new version of Goomba Color, featuring some fixes for Super Gameboy games. Download and changelog below.

[title:Changelog]* Fixed double speed timers mode
* Adds SGB borders to games which support both GBC and SGB mode
* Fixed controller input in SGB mode

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An example of the update: Zelda Link's Awakening now shows both GBC colors and the Super Gameboy border, whereas in the past you could only get one or the other but not both.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're referring to this:
QUOTE said:
 GBC with SGB border =
 Works only if game has both SGB and GBC features (or system type is set to GBC).
 Emulates both SGB and GBC at the same time. Doesn't work with all games.
 (Use GBC with initial SGB border option in that case)
           Â
 GBC with initial SGB border =
 Emulation is started in SGB mode. When the border is uploaded it resets to GBC mode.                Â
 To show border in games that have "SGB feature: no" in ROM info, but can show a border
 (Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Crystal,Wetrix GB) set system type to SGB and this option on.
Â
 Will affect when resetted (or rom is loaded)

From my understanding, the previous beta versions supported only the first mode to get both GBC colors and SGB borders working, which only worked for some games, while this latest version works with the second method as well. My conjecture for this is based on the following quote by Dwedit on PocketHeaven that he made about a day before this latest release:

Dwedit
8bz48qt.png

Next release will be able to add SGB borders to SGB/GBC games.

How does it work? It checks if the game supports both GBC and SGB mode, then runs it in SGB mode for about 1 second until the game adds its border, then reboots in GBC mode. Some games don't like this, because they only add the border after you begin the game. Those games won't get a border.

When it's running in SGB "border add mode" for ~1 second, the game is disallowed access to the save ram. This is because games like Conker's Pocket Tales and Warioland 2 offer to delete your save game if you boot them in a regular gameboy and a color gameboy save exists. So all the games see a blank save for that 1 second, then load the normal save as it reboots in GBC mode.

I haven't tested Crystal, so I don't know for sure if it works in this latest version or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up